Author Topic: Team Vayne / Colorado Springs  (Read 8175 times)

Offline Alex \"Ace\" Scott

• Patas
  • The big Hair-eded one!!
    • View Profile
    • Pk Cali
Re: Team Vayne / Colorado Springs
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007, 12:07:29 PM »
Woooow... This asshole needs to be banned...
-Tell me how you MOVE, and I'll tell you who you ARE-

"For every newbie that says Parkour is what you want it to be- God kills a Kitten." -Ruzkin

-www.PkCali.com-

Offline Jim "Monkey" Parker

• Mangabey
  • I am a leaf on the wind...Watch how I soar...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 12:08:01 PM »
Wow Strydzz, you got f#cked up on a cat leap IN A f#ckING GYM? XD

You must really, really, f#cking suck. How is it we're doing 18 foot front/backflips, double fronts, front/sideflip 15 foot stair sets and other shit yet we're walking away from it without even soreness?

Oh my, we are letting our anger blind our sight here friend.

Please stop seeing every post here as a personal threat.    :(

The point he is trying to make is that a really bad accident can happen to anyone, anywhere. Strydzz is an excellent traceur and he got royally injured during a simple move when his concentration was off...it could happen to anyone. He has had a long road to recovery and is sharing his personal pain with everyone to try and help prevent someone else going through the same.

And you have the gall to insult him for it!? How dare you?   >:(

The community on these boards is very friendly and very much on the lookout for each other. That being said...it is a text-only board..and sometimes it is hard to judge a person's "tone" of voice from black and white text. Please give people the benefit of the doubt and don't jump to conclusions.

As for your friends' experience at the National Jam, I'm really sorry they walked away with that impression. It was my first jam, I am new to the national community and I left with this awesome feeling of camaraderie and  excitement that Traceurs were such a down-to-earth and friendly lot.

If you would take a little constructive advice here...let this thread die...keep training, and when you release your next video, remember that the criticism here is aimed at making you better...it's not calling you out.

And for God's sake...be nice to your knees...on many of your drops, you are letting your knees go waay past 90 degrees. You are all young now..your bodies are made of plastic...but no matter how fit you stay, your body becomes less elastic over time...especially connective tissue. As a 31 year old who just discovered Parkour this year, but who has been really active all his life, I can tell you...you will miss the good old days in a few years. Take care of your body now (even if it doesn't really hurt) build the leg strength to absorb you impact better, and you will be tricking for many years.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step
-Japanese Proverb

Kipup

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007, 12:44:03 PM »
Wow... there are some really nice tricks in that video. You guys have made a lot of progress for only being at this one year.

I might have enjoyed training with you if you weren't such a huge jerk.

Your presence on this website only seems to upset people, and it seems as though you want nothing to do with this community. I don't think anyone on this website would mind if we never heard from you again. So why don't you just leave APK altogether?

- kipup

gearsighted

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2007, 12:45:37 PM »
It's f#cking ignorant to assume that lack of experience = lack of skill. He assumed that since we're throwing big tricks with little experience that we're being unsafe. We learn quickly and are progressing as one of the best teams in America simply because we train hard and we're not pussies.

No, lack of skill=lack of skill. Your landings are sub-par at best, dangerous at worst. No they don't hurt now, that's the nature of overuse injuries, they take time to develop but when they hit you they stick around and are hard to get over. As I said, you have a couple of nice tricks, but a lot of simple foundation movements (running form, landings, simple jump mechanics) that are at a low enough level to show that you are attempting to progress too quickly for your own good. Your attitude in general is enough to lead me to believe that you are so worried about looking like a pussy that you'll quickly jump to new and more exciting tricks before you've mastered the level that you're at. At the moment you do lots of things at a low level, but no one thing well, much less perfectly. Maybe we have different goals, but my point was that your path isn't one that can be traveled for long before you are sidelined against your will. Good luck.

As for your general attitude, this is your first warning. If you can't take constructive criticism in a mature manner this isn't the place for you. Keep it up and we'll make sure you find somewhere more suitable.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 12:49:19 PM by gearsighted »

Offline Nick Mavis

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2007, 01:39:53 PM »
It's f#cking ignorant to assume that lack of experience = lack of skill. He assumed that since we're throwing big tricks with little experience that we're being unsafe. We learn quickly and are progressing as one of the best teams in America simply because we train hard and we're not pussies.

It is ignorant to insult someone who has gone through a lot. Some day you will end up the same kind of injury due to your stuck up attitude. Your lack of experience and lack of skill is quite obvious if you think you are anywhere near being one of the best teams in America. We are not assuming, we are telling you its unsafe. You can accept it or go some where else.
"Life is movement. Move to dream"

Offline Cloud

• Ryan Cousins
  • Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Alliance - TEAM N00B YEAH!
    • View Profile
    • Aero
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2007, 01:53:33 PM »
the discipline and community behind both are utterly dissatisfying.

Why are you even posting here if you find the community "utterly dissatisfying?"

What's the point of attacking a fellow traceur/freerunner?  Strydzz is a great guy and he's sharing his experience with you.  While you tell him that "You must really, really, f#cking suck."  That's a great way to be a part of the community.  No wonder you find it "dissatisfying."

one of the best teams in America

Says who?

Get with the flow...

Offline Jamie Crosby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2007, 03:42:13 PM »
i dont understand how you can come in here with no real sense of reality and claim you are the best team in america, and then make videos that do no support any of your claims. Personal attacks of fellow traceurs is not only arrogant, but it also shows your immaturity. Please learn to accept friendly advice without becoming so damn defensive. Nobody here considered you a "pussy" for your videos, that only became a thought when you started talking.

Offline Nick Mavis

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2007, 05:53:39 PM »
Great post zujitsu, +1 :)

Offline Jereme Sanders

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2007, 06:09:06 PM »
RE-EDITED FOR CLARITY...READ

I don't usually make big posts...or post at all for that matter...so here goes

Your vid was ok, coolest things to me were the front flip from blue to blue and the standing back on the blue...could use a little bit of work but is a dang good start on some pretty good control. Some things I humbly suggest for you guys is to kind of keep it kind of low for a bit, and perfect the techniques your already have and work on some of your weaker things (landings and rolls). Now your vid wasn't bad by any means but it was a bit rough around the edges.

You guys should look at people like Cyril Raffaelli and Danny Ilabaca, their stuff always looks clean (Cyrils rolls sometimes a little iffy but thats stuntman technique), that didn't come from just repetition of the flips only, sure thats a part of it but things like Training for better strength and technique for years upon years is what makes them who they are. you should condition whatever you are working on particularly (EX. Hanging and touching your toes to the bar to develop a stronger lower core so that you can tuck faster and stronger thus creating faster rotation for something like a back tuck) Though it seems like a great idea sometimes just doing the flips isn't the best way to get better at them, it takes tons of conditioning, Research and tedious practice of Proper Technique (for maximum output. technique can go a loooooong way ) Don't be happy with just landing the movement you should learn proper technique and strive for it everytime always seek to make yourself perfect...just landing it isn't going to work. Flexibility is a big issue as well...for movements like the moon kick (cheat gainer), aerial, front aerial walkover, swing leg back tuck, gainer(and thats just acrobatic movements)...being more flexible means you will be able to drive that much more and get that much more power than before and its a fact that the more flexible your are the less likely you are to injury, but don't ever forget strength, remember BALANCE.   

Its not about going big....technique and strength must come first. Speed, size, etc. can come later. plus a thing that happens often is people rush their bodies with the height and force of bigger things. Now you have to know that your body is not like wolverine it can't just take punisment and be perfectly fine. we need to adapt, which they do (like how muay thai fighters shins get deadened, calloused, etc.) but that takes...TIME...a long time...same thing with dropping from heights and doing high impact movements, its going to take time for your body to learn to take that kind of impact safely, but proper technique must be stressed...while you may be mentally prepared for them the body takes quite a bit longer to get aquainted with such things.

So yeah, basically if you really want to go far with this stuff, whether it be tricking, freerunning, parkour, or whatever it is you want, I recommend you listen to the things I've said and try and drop the ego, you can learn something from everyone and if you listen intently, learn to take constructive criticism, and become a bit more humble, with this anyone can go far, far enough to reach their true potential. I used to be like used to be kind of arrogant, doing big things all the time and thinking most of the time that I just had to prove myself to everyone, it led to me breaking my hand...something like that WILL humble you...if you are smart, since then I've worked up to my level, Training everyday (not at the moment due to long distance shin splints and hectic time as a freshman in college) but when I did it was always beneficial training, I still have a long way to go and always will but I'm on the right track I feel. Think of it like this....if you were to go to the gym to work out and you worked out for like twelve hours, nearly killing yourself but definitely giving your body a test...and you did that once a month. How much good do you think that would do? Not much, what would be way more beneficial would be to work out a couple hours, 3-5 days a week. That way there is a lot more retention. Understand? Now convert that into these terms...Rather than doing a ton of big drops, high impact movements and/or flips every time you train,  work out, work flexibility, practice your movements and techniques at the ground level, challenge your control, your air sense, your technique...do that at an incremental pace pretty regularly and you will be on the right track.

Sorry for rambling for so long but I hope you...well not just you, I hope Everyone reads this and takes it to heart, it will do you some good and you will be a better traceur, tricker, freerunner, etc. for it. Train Smarter And Harder, good luck with everything. ;)

P.S.-Hope it makes sense...if you have some questions feel free to ask, I'm always up for helping. that goes to anyone.
"People may forget what you've done, or said, but they will never forget the way you made them feel."

The Best part of Falling Down is Getting Back Up...

Offline chipset

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2007, 07:22:35 PM »
Dr. Unoriginal, I'd suggest you read Dilution by Blane :)
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift"
- The Prefontaine

Offline m z

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 07:48:45 AM »
well it was a pretty good video but you're a f#cking dick. especially since you target someone for their injuries (strydzz). if you broke your leg on your sloppy landings how would you like someone pointing and laughing and saying, "nice job you f#ck salad?" or how would you like being targeted for your car accident that you mentioned? i think you should rethink what the hell you're saying and stop trying to push some fabricated manliness and superiority you gain from flipping of a f#cking jungle gym.

Offline Kurokaze

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2007, 08:04:13 AM »
Wow... there are some really nice tricks in that video. You guys have made a lot of progress for only being at this one year.

I might have enjoyed training with you if you weren't such a huge jerk.

Your presence on this website only seems to upset people, and it seems as though you want nothing to do with this community. I don't think anyone on this website would mind if we never heard from you again. So why don't you just leave APK altogether?

- kipup

I concur kipup, and to elaborate in intarwebz talk, GTFO (get th f--- out)
In like a lion out like a lamb. . . world class.

Offline toekneebullard

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • tonybullard.com
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2007, 01:26:37 PM »
We learn quickly and are progressing as one of the best teams in America simply because we train hard and we're not pussies.
You guys are really living up to your name.

I like your notebook paper logo.

Offline m z

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2007, 03:13:37 PM »
oh and to elaborate a little more on what i said, strydzz was trying to make a point. you're sloppy landings and carelessness are only going to get you hurt. for example the end of your video. a simple jump ended up in the kid landing straight on his ass after a good 8-10 ft fall.

Offline Kurokaze

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2007, 09:02:48 PM »
We learn quickly and are progressing as one of the best teams in America simply because we train hard and we're not pussies.
You guys are really living up to your name.

I like your notebook paper logo.

HAHA +1 toe!
In like a lion out like a lamb. . . world class.

Offline bigninjapimp

• Hirundo Rustica
  • BNP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2007, 11:22:36 PM »
http://assholeeee.ytmnd.com/

all I have to say....

Offline Nick Mavis

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2007, 11:57:12 PM »
http://assholeeee.ytmnd.com/

all I have to say....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. Oh my god. +1

aggreenvln

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2007, 06:59:59 AM »
Guys, this thread has raised some interesting issues but I think it's about time we let it die. Further bashing won't get us anywhere. The OP hasn't even posted in 2 days, so let's not let this turn into a thread for random hate-mongering.

Offline Jamie Crosby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2007, 08:11:26 AM »
hahahahahahahah what the hell was that max

you have wayy to much time on your hands haha

but still........ +1

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2007, 09:31:24 AM »
Dr. Unoriginal, I'd suggest you read Dilution by Blane :)
  I reiterate read Dilution by Blane!!!!!!  http://worldwidejam.tv/parkour.blaneblog.1.html
"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem."  David Carradine
May the flow be with you.  ~~FreeStyleFox

"A title and a few perks dont mean much. It takes nothing but a little thought and time to get your point across in a peaceful manner."