Author Topic: Team Vayne / Colorado Springs  (Read 8184 times)

Offline Dr. Unoriginal

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Team Vayne / Colorado Springs
« on: August 13, 2007, 03:08:53 AM »
We're a new team, but most of our members have been training for almost a year now. Our August video will be sick. It will feature a double frontflip by Jet, a Monkey Wall flip (on a 90 degree surface) and dash bomb by me and possibly likely a few other tricks that are rarely (if ever) preformed outside of a gym.

The video will be a bit delayed until early next month because we all wanted to have at least one huge trick each and I still need to get down my Dash bomb and Demitri still needs to land his trick. XD

If you want to train with us, we train at Cottonwood Creek Park. Comment on our Youtube and we'll send you information on how to meet us.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IAlvhwvixmw

gearsighted

Re: Team Vayne / Colorado Springs
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 05:58:01 AM »
Luckily you practice outdoor gymnastics purely for the rush, because you're definitely not attempting to train for any sort of longevity. Some very nice tricks interdispersed with landings that made me cringe and sloppy freerunning techniques that belie your inexperience. Be careful, you might actually want to be able to walk when you get older ;)

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 05:17:56 PM »
Wow, um.... where did you guys come from?  Did you just find american parkour?  It is really exciting to see another group of freerunners/traceurs in Colorado Springs.  There are a bunch of us in the rockrimmon area who have been training on and off for about 2 years now, but we are just now beginning to train together on a weekly basis. 

Maybe we could all do some training together.  We aren't very organized yet, but we are beginning to get things together.  I'm curious to know what the story is behind you group, like are you guys only trickers or do you have an interest in parkour and freerunning? 

Anyway we should meet up, I encourage you guys to check out the Colorado Board: http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php?board=31.0

the COPK website: http://www.coloradoparkour.com/

and the weekly training thread for the Springs: http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php?topic=5329.0
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Dr. Unoriginal

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 09:46:04 PM »
Luckily you practice outdoor gymnastics purely for the rush, because you're definitely not attempting to train for any sort of longevity. Some very nice tricks interdispersed with landings that made me cringe and sloppy freerunning techniques that belie your inexperience. Be careful, you might actually want to be able to walk when you get older ;)

Thanks for your concern, however we've never had an injury on our team and we stretch and hydrate properly before training. Just because we're not being f#cking pussies and throwing money away on a gym doesn't mean we don't know what we're doing, seeing as we obviously do.

Offline bigninjapimp

• Hirundo Rustica
  • BNP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 10:12:50 PM »
you're such a twat. Why do you have such a negitive attitude towards things?

Offline Kurokaze

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 10:26:51 PM »

Thanks for your concern, however we've never had an injury on our team and we stretch and hydrate properly before training. Just because we're not being f#cking pussies and throwing money away on a gym doesn't mean we don't know what we're doing, seeing as we obviously do.

im sorry dude, but regardless of how you took what gear said(and it was clearly taken in the wrong manner) how you choose to respond to it was completely unacceptable here. Personal attacks are completely uncalled for. Think about what he said "..very nice tricks", which is a comliment. And considering most of your video is tricks, what gear had a problem with was actually only small portions of the video.

Listen, what gear said might have been harsh, but its what he thought and you provided next to no information other than SOME of you have been training for a year.

Honestly, you'll learn this later, and in no means am i trying to sound like im talking down to you, but you will learn that a year isn't shit in the grand scheme of things. I mean think about what you can learn in a year with other things, martial arts, gymnastics, atheltic training, its all the same, even if you do it every single day it takes many years to actually master it and if you rush that development it will only lead to your body hating you later in life.

In like a lion out like a lamb. . . world class.

Offline Nick Mavis

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 10:36:56 PM »
Like gear said I liked a lot of the tricks, it was pretty interesting. But watching some of the heights you did them from and the landings was a little brutal. You will regret it some day trust me. Just a suggestion you could try spending some of the time you spent at the gym on accomplishing a cleaner landing with your tricks and practice going into rolls.

Just my two cents.
"Life is movement. Move to dream"

Offline Jus7in

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 10:41:50 AM »
Were you guys at the National Jam? I'm pretty sure I saw you guys, I remember you guy's uhhh, distinct technique *cough*sloppy... but there was some pretty cool stuff, like the weird pole flip at 1:12, I'd like to have a better angle of it.
W.W.O.D. - What Would Oleg Do

Offline Sat Santokh

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Don't think with your balls, think with your brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 06:27:32 PM »
haha just remember kids double roll for double the height.

Offline Strydzz

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 10:24:43 PM »
I live in the now, tomorrow does't exist to me. I live to die happy.

Offline king_of_rooftops

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 10:34:21 PM »
OUCHHH!!! That looks like it hurt!!! :'( 

Offline Jamie Crosby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 10:47:16 PM »
im not even getting into the stupid arrogant things that were said by you Dr. , but thats just a flat out inspiration to all strydzz

Offline Sat Santokh

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 07:13:50 AM »
Man Strydzz thats an amazing story.

Offline Dr. Unoriginal

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 10:44:17 AM »

im sorry dude, but regardless of how you took what gear said(and it was clearly taken in the wrong manner) how you choose to respond to it was completely unacceptable here. Personal attacks are completely uncalled for. Think about what he said "..very nice tricks", which is a comliment. And considering most of your video is tricks, what gear had a problem with was actually only small portions of the video.

Listen, what gear said might have been harsh, but its what he thought and you provided next to no information other than SOME of you have been training for a year.

Honestly, you'll learn this later, and in no means am i trying to sound like im talking down to you, but you will learn that a year isn't shit in the grand scheme of things. I mean think about what you can learn in a year with other things, martial arts, gymnastics, atheltic training, its all the same, even if you do it every single day it takes many years to actually master it and if you rush that development it will only lead to your body hating you later in life.

It's f#cking ignorant to assume that lack of experience = lack of skill. He assumed that since we're throwing big tricks with little experience that we're being unsafe. We learn quickly and are progressing as one of the best teams in America simply because we train hard and we're not pussies.

Offline Dr. Unoriginal

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 10:46:27 AM »
Were you guys at the National Jam? I'm pretty sure I saw you guys, I remember you guy's uhhh, distinct technique *cough*sloppy... but there was some pretty cool stuff, like the weird pole flip at 1:12, I'd like to have a better angle of it.
We had some of our newer members representing the team. They said the jam was fill with "pretentious faggots". I saw video, they were some of the best there, which in my mind is utterly pathetic.

Offline Dr. Unoriginal

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 10:49:51 AM »
Wow Strydzz, you got f#cked up on a cat leap IN A f#ckING GYM? XD

You must really, really, f#cking suck. How is it we're doing 18 foot front/backflips, double fronts, front/sideflip 15 foot stair sets and other shit yet we're walking away from it without even soreness?

Offline Dr. Unoriginal

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 10:52:05 AM »
Like I said on youtube, I have incredibly bad equilibrium, I was in a car accident a long time ago. Sometimes I get disorientated or loose my balance and am forced to roll twice if I can't immediately get back up.

Call it what you want, at least I can f#cking do it. XD

Offline Sat Santokh

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 10:57:43 AM »
Like I said on youtube, I have incredibly bad equilibrium, I was in a car accident a long time ago. Sometimes I get disorientated or loose my balance and am forced to roll twice if I can't immediately get back up.

Call it what you want, at least I can f#cking do it. XD

hey man calm down, it was a joke that me and someone else have been talking about lately.  I'm sorry to hear that you were in a car accident I hope that it didn't cause too much permanent damage.  Please don't call people pretentious faggots here, we aren't pretending to be better than you we are simply trying to give you friendly advice which you are refusing over and over again.  I'm not sure what you are hoping to accomplish by talking this way to people but I don't think its going to do anything good.

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • middle-aged man in mom's basement eating Fritos
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 11:07:57 AM »
I would argue that since gear is a fitness and movement professional that he would be very astute at discerning your skill level from watching how you move. I believe his comments came from watching the video, rather than from any sort of assumptions about how long you've been training.

Experience has more to do with training and almost nothing to do with any length of time. Experience is about living through a learning process, not about a certain number of hours logged doing something. I may have only been doing parkour for a few months, but in some ways I have more "experience" in terms of the learning process based on things I've done in my life. Does this make me "better" than anyone else out there with the same amount of months of parkour? Not at all. It simply means that my learning in certain areas will be shaped differently. Saying that someone is inexperienced is not an insult or an attack. It's simply a statement of truth. We are all at different places on our path.

Gear said what he said because he cares about people staying safe so they can freerun for a lifetime. I seriously doubt he intended to insult you. To be fair, you did ask for people to comment on the video. People are giving their honest opinions. You asked for opinions, and you are getting them. If you don't want to hear peoples' opinions, or aren't prepared to hear honest perspectives, don't invite people to share them. Quite frankly, if it were me, I'd appreciate peoples' honest feedback--particularly from someone like gear who has a lot of knowledge and background that I don't, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear, because that's what will help me improve my skill.

The way you are responding to peoples' comments is telling us far more about you than your video ever did, by the way, and it makes me very sad on your behalf.

She followed slowly, taking a long time,
as though there were some obstacle in the way;
and yet: as though, once it was overcome,
she would be beyond all walking, and would fly.
--excerpt from Going Blind, Rainer Maria Rilke

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline schuby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 11:48:49 AM »
Mods, any possibility of banning this guy? He's being, like he called some at the jam, a "pretentious faggot"? And he insulted a guy who he will probably never be as good as, for hurting his foot in an ACCIDENT? Maybe he doesn't know what that word means. Time to go back to school, kiddies.

And I was at the jam, and I saw some of you guys, and the only thing any of you did throw down that was any good was a very sloppy sideflip over a rail at Boulder High, where the person who did it was about 3-4 inches from the rail as he passed over. That is one small mistake away from being brain-dead. Other than that one guy, I saw nothing else from your group, who by the way, didn't really bother to talk to anyone or get any advice. You have to give some, to get some, right? I guess that isn't your opinion.

And as to the best team in America...um...no...your not even close. Go to The Tribe's website. They are all waaaay better than any of you.