Author Topic: COPK T-shirts  (Read 10972 times)

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
COPK T-shirts
« on: January 09, 2006, 02:58:38 PM »
Ok the final t shirt design is done:

Here is the deal. The shirts will be ordered and printed through www.customink.com. The price of the t shirt depends on how many are ordered. The more I order, the cheaper they are. In order to get a definitive price for the shirts, I need to know how many shirts people want to buy. With that said, the TOTAL cost for each t shirt should be no more than $20. I am estimating around $14 for the shirt plus a little extra for each person to cover the cost of gameyy's design.

So I need everyone who wants a shirt to post up here. Also, ask all your pk friends who dont visit the forums very often so they can get one too if they want. If you have a friend who doesnt come here often, either tell them to come and post if they want a shirt, or include them in your post.

Most of you all know me so if you want to be able to gauge the shirt size to order, I am 5'9 and 145 lbs. A size medium Gildan Ultra T (what I will be ordering) fits me very good. Not really baggy, and not tight either. Gildan Ultra T is the shirts UFF and i think APK use.

Once I get an estimate of how many shirts people want, I will be able to give a definitive price for the shirt. After that, we will have to figure out how to go about paying for the shirts. I dont really want to have to front the money for all the shirts but we will see. If anyone has any good ideas for how to pay for the shirts and didtribute them, post them up. I dont want to order extra shirts, pay for them, and then be stuck with them because somebody who wanted one wont pay/is too lazy/changes their mind.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 03:03:22 PM by Demon »

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
Re: COPK T-shirts
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 03:02:37 PM »
I will start off the shirt count. Please follow my format so we can keep this organized.

Name: Ryan (Demon)
Quantity: 1 (M)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 07:39:46 PM by Demon »

Offline Jon Andrew Nease

• Guenons
  • 3run style!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 06:05:11 PM »
Name: Jon Nease
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 07:40:13 PM by Demon »

Offline skirodeo7

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • TheTJFRY.com
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 06:06:20 PM »
Name: TJ Fry (skirodeo7)
Quantity: 1 (XL)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 07:42:57 PM by Demon »

Offline Strydzz

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 06:30:48 PM »
Name: Matt Perry
Quantity: 1 (L)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 07:43:27 PM by Demon »
I live in the now, tomorrow does't exist to me. I live to die happy.

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 06:35:50 PM »
Name: cheetah
Quantity: 1 (L)

Is the only color tan?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 07:45:23 PM by Demon »
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 06:55:59 PM »
i have to order in bulk so if there were to be another color, it would make it cost quite a bit more for everyone.

Offline jackdaniels

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 07:05:07 PM »
Name: Alex Becker
Number of shirts:2
Sizes: 1 medium, 1 large

We Should take a vote on what the color is going to be though.

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 07:12:51 PM »
Ya a vote would be kinda useful, except for the fact that they never seem to work very well.  Has the color already been finalized? 
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 07:28:37 PM »
ok we COULD get different colors but its a hell of a lot more complication to do so. i would have to narrow it down to a few color schemes because lets face it, if everyone got their way, there would be just as many different color schemes. also, gameyy already sent me the invoice. are the colors really that bad??

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 07:38:42 PM »
name: kathryn
quantity: 1 (S)

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 07:46:40 PM »
Well, I suppose if I had to I could live with tan, but I would prefer it to be darker.  I know that at least 3 of the Springs guys agree with me on that one.  Why not black?  Everybody likes black right?  Sorry to be an annoyance it's just if we are going to all the trouble to do this should'nt we have it look the best that it possibly can?  I can truly only speak for myself so it would be helpful if the rest of you Colorado guys could post some.

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 07:54:04 PM »
where was this input while the shirt was being designed? everyone was free to comment during the 2 weeks of designing. now its done and people are finally speaking up.

the current design colors do not work with black, in fact, the design was made to work with a lighter t shirt color than the dark print color. pretty much every traceur group with shirts wears black. i think it would be good to be a little unique.

i will wait for more comments on this.

Offline Brandon Blessing

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Colorado Parkour
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006, 07:54:50 PM »
I think the Tan shirts are the best option.
Based on that this is the first shirt, and we wanted something to represent Colorado.
I think we should get the Tan shirts out there, if people can deal with that, and at least be uniform and such.

Once we've bought the design from Gameyy, paid for collectively, we collectively own the design, and anyone of us is more than free to tinker with it and come up with an alternate color scheme. But for right now the easiest way to go is with the Tan, which looks pretty damn good.

Brandon
Quantity 1 (Medium)

Offline The Manilla Gorilla

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2006, 08:01:25 PM »
I just though i could give you guys an outside opinion. IM from NYC and we are in the process of designing our own shirt and guess what we thinking about using black *gasp*, and i saw the DC parkour shirt and guess what its black. Personally i think that shirt looks AWESOME, i havent seen a shirt like that in genreral and i certainly havn't seen any parkour shirts like it. Its totally unique, using brown and you are mega lucky that gameyy is desing them.

BTW: Demon do you know if theres any way i can order one of the shirts Gameyy has on his site, because i havn't found a link to buy one and i would really like to find out if i can buy one.

Offline nymbis

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2006, 08:09:06 PM »
Ethan (darkestofsaviors)

And a note on the color... tan is a lighter color thus absorbing less sun (heat) than black and being in Colorado, its not a bad idea to have lighter colored clothing to parkour in. Just a thought.  :)

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2006, 08:10:28 PM »
Ok, ok I see what you're saying, and yes it would be kinda nice to be unique.  Btw I did post the darker color idea before.  Tan isn't a very popular color in the world of shirts, but who knows, maybe we could start a trend.  I really just need to live with the decision, who knows maybe I'll end up loving it so much I wear it nonstop for a week. ;)

Offline The Manilla Gorilla

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2006, 08:16:07 PM »
I dont know what you guys are talking about saying Brown isn't popular in the world of shirts i would literally kill for that shirt. its so cool looking.

Offline Brandon Blessing

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Colorado Parkour
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2006, 08:17:45 PM »
It's not that uncommon. I have a few tan t-shirts.

Offline SketchyOJ

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2006, 08:24:24 PM »
Personally, I don't think the primary purpose of this shirt is to make a fashion statement, it is more of a...statement of association? That's the best way I can think of saying it. So the color shouldn't be a focus. Besides, that design is flat out awesome. And it would be nice just to keep things simple for Demon.