Author Topic: Labor Day Greensboro Jam (NCPKJ3)  (Read 11636 times)

Offline TK17

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Labor Day Greensboro Jam (NCPKJ3)
« on: August 09, 2007, 07:19:47 AM »
Saturday, September 1st, starting time still open for discussion.

The location is here, one block in downtown Greensboro between Eugene, Greene, Market, and Washington streets.  Best parking is along S Greene street, there are about a dozen parallel spaces that are free and usually empty on weekends.

Trust, it's got enough stuff for a group of traceurs to spend a week there, and I've NEVER been bothered on a weekend, trained there dozens of times, so we should be all right.  Fallback locations are UNCG and NCA&T.  Location's been chosen in honor of Gus, who's flying back from Arizona pretty much specifically to see the traceurs of North Carolina.

We're really hoping some of the Charlotte guys will show, I know we've asked you guys to drive a lot, but this time we've cut your travel time in half and added a drive for the Raleigh guys, and for the next jam we'd be happy to visit you on your home turf if we're all still welcome, or maybe even do this SC trip ohfomehxr's always talking about.  =)

Click here for Directions from Charlotte

Click here for Directions from Raleigh/Durham

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
Re: Labor Day Greensboro Jam (NCPKJ3)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 11:38:47 AM »
... or maybe even do this SC trip ohfomehxr's always talking about.  =) ...

Rruuh? e.O

Like I posted on the NCparkour forums:

Currently there is a 99% chance I will not be able to make this one.

Going to be out of town with Lily's family that weekend (unless on the very slight chance that something with that trip falls through) at Lake Junaleska. Like a family reunion thing. :\
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 12:48:52 PM by ohfomehxr »

Also: ncparkour.com
North Carolina Traceurs

Offline SlØth

• Mangabey
  • Virtus
    • View Profile
    • NCParkour
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 12:17:56 PM »
This sounds do-able for me too, I'm interested to see what Greensboro has to offer.
facebook // youtube // Flickr // North Carolina Parkour

Offline Asphalt

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 07:37:15 PM »
Interested, but I dont know if I will be available.

Offline Gus

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 01:23:57 PM »
who's flying back from Arizona pretty much specifically to see the traceurs of North Carolina.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :-[

Its true, but dont tell let my girlfriend find out.  She thinks I am just flying back to get engaged. :P

Seriously, Greensboro is being looked at for the sake of the Charlotte guys.  There had been a comment on ncparkour.com (check there for more jam info) about how the Charlotte guys usually cant come to jams at UNC-CH cuz of driving distance.  So I decided that Greensboro would be better so that they can make it.  But I would like to know if they are going to be able to make it or not before the jam, so we can consider whether we need to do the Jam in Gboro or Chapel Hill.

Hope to see you all there.

train on

Offline Gus

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 04:38:02 PM »
just duble posting (yes i know xP)  to say that if there is no opposition, I think Greensboro would be better.    I can be available as early as 9:30am but we can start it whenever its good for all.

Let just make it a jam to remember.

train on

Offline samurai316

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 02:14:23 PM »
whould go, but next to the fact i'm still kinda green on.. well everything i'm also going to a concert event down in mertyle beach (tough i may be able to get some practice in down there never know) :P

Offline TK17

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 04:33:05 PM »
Starting at 10:00, if anyone's still interested.

Offline Gus

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 10:45:20 AM »
Just want to reply to samurai's comment (though not necessarily to him directly):  This is not for professional's only.

It is just plain silly for a beginner traceur or someone who feels "green" to avoid a jam.  Sure there are things you wont be able to do.  I couldnt run with David Belle if my life depended on it, but I could certainly learn loads and loads by attending a jam with him.

And there will always be something you can do in terms of training, you just have to push yourself according to your own limits, not others'.  Its not a competitive sport, its a discipline.  So I hope there are some brand spanking newbs there as well as seasoned veterans.  Regardless....

train on

Offline samurai316

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 02:16:22 PM »
To Gus: thanks for the encouragement man I had setbacks about going but now those are kinda disapated though now my problem is i have to go to work that saturday which sucks  :(

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 05:24:32 AM »
Gus:

My sentiments exactly! I'll sometimes get "newbs" asking if they should train or "get good" before coming out to jam with us on our Thurs runs, which is ridiculous (not to sound mean). :) Noone looks down on you if you can't do x move or jump this gap or whatever. Just as long as you've got a good attitude, try hard, and improve yourself bit by bit, dig? :)

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline samurai316

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 05:34:51 AM »
i hear ya on that boss, though another thing i've noticed is that greensboro is on the other side of the state from where i live so i think it whould be a bit hard for me to get out there in the first place :P

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 05:38:03 AM »
i hear ya on that boss, though another thing i've noticed is that greensboro is on the other side of the state from where i live so i think it whould be a bit hard for me to get out there in the first place :P

troof

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline Gus

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 11:05:10 AM »
Here is what I would say Sam:

If you can make it, do.

You got to take off work?  You got to rent a car?  You got to get bullet tooth tony to whack your sister in law cuz she is too nosy and is threatening to tell your mom if you go?  Make it happen!

I say this .....   ok a brief explanation.

When I "found" parkour, I had nobody.  I mean Duncan helped me get started by talking to me over the internet and I will always be grateful for that.  But I didnt have anybody to train with at all.  So I just did what I could on my own.  I think it was like a couple of weeks later though that I got to actually work with him at a jam in my home city.  I am not exaggerating when I say that my ability doubled (at minimum) on that day.

It has a tremendous affect on what you can do when you are with others training, and at a Jam like this one, with the wide array of ability, style, and philosophy.....

Look, I dont know what they pay you at work, but you cant afford to NOT go.  Ok maybe that is a bit much, but I hope you see my point and I hope to see you there.  Either way.....

train on

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 11:42:51 AM »
Gus makes the good points there. ^

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline Gus

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 10:34:27 AM »
then why arent you coming ohfomehxr?   (its ok, I understand if you cant)

Seriously, I just want this jam to pretty much be the hottest pk event of the year for everybody.  I will check and see if I can provide water (ala aquafina) and it shouldnt be a problem, but everyone should come hoping to contribute something to make it great and then there will be no doubt as to how stellarly l33t NCParkour really is. ;D

train on

Offline Gus

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 10:51:02 AM »
just another thing real quick.  as is pattern with me, here is your Jam weather report:

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/27419?dayNum=8

train on

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 05:16:27 AM »
then why arent you coming ohfomehxr?   (its ok, I understand if you cant)

Currently there is a 99% chance I will not be able to make this one.

Going to be out of town with Lily's family that weekend (unless on the very slight chance that something with that trip falls through) at Lake Junaleska. Like a family reunion thing. :\

That's why, Gus, my man. :) hehe. Lily is my wife, btw, so it's kinda mandatory to go to this fam get-together thing.

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline Gus

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 04:43:20 PM »
well just bring your wife and tell em you got to get together with your OTHER family >:(

Its cool.  Maybe in October/Nov. timeframe we can set up another run.

train on

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2007, 04:29:26 AM »
well just bring your wife and tell em you got to get together with your OTHER family >:(

Its cool.  Maybe in October/Nov. timeframe we can set up another run.

Yea she's not usu down with tagging along, unfortunately. There's really not much getting out of this one. :\

I would love it if s/t in Oct/Nov got together. Jeez, hopefully it won't be real cold by then. lol!

North Carolina Traceurs