Author Topic: how to learn dash vaults  (Read 2148 times)

Offline jamjam09

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
how to learn dash vaults
« on: August 08, 2007, 12:09:32 PM »
Ok I have been working on all the other vaults and I can do them preety well the hardest one to try was the kong, but I did it. Now i want to try a dash vault but i really dont want to hurt myself. Does anyone know the best way to train to be able to do it?? Like where should i start practicing them (besides a gym, I dont have one) I want to be able to do them, but i just need to get some more confidence. Suggestions?

aggreenvln

Re: how to learn dash vaults
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 12:17:22 PM »
Don't hesitate to use household furniture to practice vaults! Try them onto/over your bed, or over the back or arm of a sofa.

Offline Cody Beltramo

• Patas
  • SSJ3500
    • View Profile
    • SSJ3500.net
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 12:54:55 PM »
I'd suggest finding something (Probably in a park area) that's a height that you can jump over easily every time, but not too easily.  Basically just jump over it and try to bring your feet up so they clear the object at the same time.  Then, gradually, try putting your hands on the object at the end, and eventually jump over the object with your body in the "L" shape, and do the dash.  It's a fairly intimidating vault since it's really awkward, but it's really not that hard once you actually do it.

Offline jamjam09

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 01:21:16 PM »
sweet ill probably practice on my couch then go out to the park and try  ;D

Offline Unique

• Mangabey
  • D'Ondrai Jones
    • View Profile
    • youtube
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 04:25:38 PM »
Try a gym...

or

Train Kash Vaults till you get the courage to so it...

P.s. It's not as hard as it looks (trust me) A long as you can jump the rail you good!  ;D
- “Don't wait for life to beat you. Move life to your own beat.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqXiSaVGnLI

Offline Blarg

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • My 'Space
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 06:59:29 PM »
This vault has always been awkward for me to learn, and I still haven't gotten it down yet.
All I can say is to do what I do and practice the difficult ones on furniture (like aggreenvln mentioned), because it's usually in your routine path, so you can just try on every time you go by, and this will boost your confidence, too.
AIM me if you're near Chester, VA n wanna train...
Me: http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/the_blarg_ninja/100_2701.jpg
Now stop asking.

Offline jamjam09

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 05:20:58 AM »
sweet guys thanks for all the help

Offline Jim "Monkey" Parker

• Mangabey
  • I am a leaf on the wind...Watch how I soar...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 08:17:19 AM »
Best advice I got was to start off doing lazy vaults (coming in at an angle) They are basically the same movement. Gradually increase the angle until you are coming straight at the obstacle.

Boom..dash vault 8)

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step
-Japanese Proverb

Offline Jus7in

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 10:54:48 AM »
If any of the other suggestions haven't worked for you, I know the way we got our begininers to learn them was to stand on the wall the planned to dash vault and have them(for lack of better word) drop in front of the wall. While they dropped they put their hands behind them, placing them on the wall.  It re-enacted the last part of the vault
W.W.O.D. - What Would Oleg Do

Offline fr33runner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 04:11:34 PM »
What helped me learn the dash vault was just to stop thinking about what could go wrong and just do it. Get a good running start for the first time because it does take a bit of momentum but once you get it you will be like "I cant believe how easy that was." Trust me
-Fr33Runner