Author Topic: Dover  (Read 2593 times)

Offline MrPunchKick

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Dover
« on: August 05, 2007, 06:13:04 AM »
Dover Doesn't have A lot of good runs. And, i'm just a beginner, plus if you live in Dover, you know that none of the gyms provide anything for acrobatics. Any Ideas as to what I should do?

P.S. Im only a kid so I can get hurt and not have to care about the money  ::)

Offline StreetMonkey

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Dover
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 02:24:11 PM »
grow a super hyper active imagination?  :-\ I really don't know, but you should also move around as much as possible,you never know you might find something  :)

Offline Jon Hurst

• Patas
  • cuerpo fuerte, mente sano
    • View Profile
Re: Dover
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 03:05:50 PM »
- Start looking for handicap ramps with railings. Churches would be a good start.
- Go on a Home Depot run and build your own obstacle (as demonstrated in some of the videos that take place in gyms) or ground level precision bars.
- Practice rolls (correctly) til your head spins. Just standing, then lunging forward, then step and dive, then full out dive.
- Jump straight up and land without making a sound.
- Use furniture.
- Practice quadripedal movement (walk on hands and toes. keep your knees off the ground).
- Run: some sprints, some distance on a regular basis.
- Do strength training exercises with whatever you can find laying around. Hand strength is good for cat leaps. Quadriceps and gluteus/hamstring are important for broad jumps. Etc.
- Jump rope to increase endurance. Cardio exercise ups your red blood cell count so you can use more oxygen per breath.
- Try doing pull-ups on door frames if the frame is sturdy enough.
- Playgrounds are good for cat balance, vaults, drops, underbars. Just be careful 'cause if a little kid sees you doing stuff they could try it and get hurt.
- Use a car for wallspins, speed vaults, lazy vaults, reverse vaults, kong vaults (tried that, it hurt. lol), small wallruns, etc. Watch out for denting the hood though.
- Have a picnic table? Great for monkey/kong, long kong, double kong...
- Tic tac on brick walls (school, church, etc.). Just make sure you're shoes aren't leaving marks.
- Climb trees.

....aaaaaand... I'm spent.