Author Topic: "Hardcore" parkour  (Read 1890 times)

BaoUnit

"Hardcore" parkour
« on: August 04, 2007, 01:55:03 PM »
I was browsing parkour videos and found a "hardcore" parkour video. Now, I normally don't even post messages on YouTube, but when I saw the horrible video, I had to make a statement. I was wondering what you guys thought it of it as the guy I had flamed have friends who are insisting this is so hardcore that it makes them gangstas and that they don't need to practice it. Also, comment the video if you agree with what I posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY0KWt_xFU4

Offline Blarg

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • My 'Space
Re: "Hardcore" parkour
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 02:34:53 PM »
Lol, everyone who commented hates you
AIM me if you're near Chester, VA n wanna train...
Me: http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/the_blarg_ninja/100_2701.jpg
Now stop asking.

Offline JumpOff

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 02:53:43 PM »
I actually think that YOU were wrong in this instance. I think it is pretty apparent that they were just playing around.  Furthermore,it is not your place to say how they should act. Parkour dosen't make you 'gangster' or 'prep' or anything. Parkour should not make you any one type of person. You can be whoever you want and still practice parkour, and it is not your place to say or be told how you should 'act' if you practice parkour.

Peter Griffin's guide to weightlifting:
"The key is to put it all in your groin and your back, take your legs totally out of the equation, lift with your lower back in a jerking twisting motion"

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 03:59:32 PM »
They totally just got slammed (new comment).  I do believe that they were just having fun, but it is pretty annoying to see people making parkour whatever they want it to be.  I think there is definitely justification in your anger Bao, but some battles just aren't worth the time. 

They obviously have no care as to what parkour really is, so your words are most likely falling on deaf ears.  I admire your concern though.  ;)
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Jamie Crosby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 07:36:06 AM »
I enjoyes the studder step they did everytime they did a jump, making them look quite scared. very hardcore  ;)

Offline Asphalt

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 11:41:26 AM »
yawn.  Hillbilly gangsters gotta love em.