Author Topic: Editing Posts  (Read 2243 times)

Offline Zachary Cohn

• APK Alliance
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I do cool stuff.
    • View Profile
    • ZacCohn.com
Editing Posts
« on: August 01, 2007, 11:32:15 AM »
There's been a lot of "Augh for some reason I can't edit my above post" posts recently, and I just wanted to bring it to the mod's and admin's attention just how frustrating it can be...

You're allowed to edit your post for, I've estimated, 2 minutes after you post it. And then it locks you out. This is annoying when you're trying to plan a jam and want to keep the first post updated, or when you post the wrong link or information and want to go back to edit it, or when your thread title is wrong.

In my experience with other boards, admins and mods can edit any post anytime, so they don't have to deal with it, and may not even know about it.

I was wondering if we can't at least get this changed, could we get an explaination as to why this policy was implemented?

Thanks.

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
Re: Editing Posts
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 12:42:35 PM »
I agree, it is rather frustrating when you mess something up and you don't edit it in time.  I remember the good old days where you could go back and edit your posts any time you wanted.... sigh...  what made you guys change it anyway?
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 07:38:25 PM »
I can see the benefit in having a time limit, but I think it would be nice if the limit was lengthened a bit, you know, like 10 or 20 minutes would be cool. *hint hint*

Offline PaT13

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 04:31:37 AM »
I would really like a editing button.....
Resons:
1. its really annoying when you make a spelling error, and you cant fix it
2.incase you accidently leave something out.
3. etc........................