Author Topic: Chills while running & Groin issues  (Read 1544 times)

Offline 7th__Samurai

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Chills while running & Groin issues
« on: July 27, 2007, 05:02:31 PM »
Tuesday while doing sled drags I aggravated the right side of my groin, rested Wednesday and Thursday while running I started to feel it again. Today I ran extremely hard and ignored it but it was there.

It does not bug me while walking or sitting but if I lie down and lift my foot it hurts from the moment I do until it’s about a foot off the ground.

Would RICE still apply? How would I compress or elevate, can I stretch it or will it aggravate it more?

Also this last week while conditioning in very hot whether I’ve experienced chills on the back of my neck and head and back of my arms. Anyone know what could cause this?

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • middle-aged man in mom's basement eating Fritos
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
Re: Chills while running & Groin issues
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 09:42:35 PM »
Yes, RICE. And keep an eye on it. The "elevation" part you can get just by lying flat. Do some gentle stretches if they feel good. Otherwise, rest a bit more. But keep trying the stretches every few days; you don't want the area to get too stiff. Just don't push it.

Regarding the chills, it was probably from sweat. That's precisely how sweating works: moisture from the body evaporates, the evaporation is cooling. If a breeze blows over you when you sweat you'll likely feel chilled, just like you can get chilly coming out of a swimming pool on a breezy day even if the sun is hot. The moisture conducts heat away from the body and this is increased by air passing over your skin.
She followed slowly, taking a long time,
as though there were some obstacle in the way;
and yet: as though, once it was overcome,
she would be beyond all walking, and would fly.
--excerpt from Going Blind, Rainer Maria Rilke

www.madisonparkour.com