Author Topic: Soda fast  (Read 9646 times)

Offline Matt Hudson

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Paddy O'Hayes
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Soda fast
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2007, 10:21:14 AM »
Interesting. I've never had heartburn. Maybe I should stop drinking soda before I get it.

Never heard of heartburn???? Watch any TV? Pepsid AC, Tums, and basically any antacid is for stuff like that. Well, esophagus-stomach sphincter opens up and acid goes up the esophagus giving the "heartburn" sensation.

He said he's never HAD heartburn.

I personally suffer from chronic heartburn, probably caused by soda too..   :P

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2007, 07:33:29 PM »
lol, whoops read that wrong.

In any case, heartburn is more of a stomach sphincter problem rather than a drinking acid problem unless it's excessive that is.
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline KyoukoVII

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2007, 07:27:53 PM »
I gave up soda around March 1, 2006. The first month was kinda hard to deal with, especially seeing all my friends drinking it. After this march i will probably start to drink it again, but only once and a while. I did notice an energy increase when I stopped drinking soda which felt really nice. I would suggest to try not having soda for 2 months and see what it feels like.

Offline Jake Meyer

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2007, 09:40:33 AM »
I haven't had pop since Saturday (when I was reading the various pop-is-bad threads).  Monday was rough, see my earlier post, but I managed to survive and so did my students (it wasn't looking good for one of them but I restrained myself).  I thought I would be dragging worse than I really am.  I probably won't cut it out entirely but will start to treat pop like candy, cheese cake, or any other yummy but bad thing and only have some once in a while.  I'm drinking more water and most of the time don't even miss pop... most of the time  ::) sigh

Offline Laurie Jennifer

• is back! <3
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • The traceuse formerly known as "lauriejennifer"
    • View Profile
    • A Blog, for change of pace
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2007, 01:40:32 PM »
if it's still a temptation to see your friends drink soda, just imagine they're drinking gasoline.  it'll help you feel horrified for their sake, rather than jealous for your own.  a little self-righteous indignation goes a long way! ;)
Queen of Puns

Offline Jake Meyer

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2007, 06:38:26 AM »
lol, I'm a big car guy so my friends probably think I drink gas when they're not looking! Actually pop is sounding less and less appealing.  The darn dog is apearantly not feeling well and pooped in his crate last night.  At 2am my wife and I were up cleaning poop off the dog and out of the crate.  This morning I was heading straight for the emergency can of Dew, grabbed and then thought... water actually sounds better right now.  I still carried the Dew around, it's keeping me company here at my desk, but have been drinking water.  Thinking about drinking it is better than actually drinking it right now.