Author Topic: Map of US Traceurs!  (Read 10770 times)

Offline SkyNative

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Map of US Traceurs!
« on: January 04, 2006, 10:00:09 PM »
I was going to just create one of these for Michigan to help with locating people near you, but figured I might as well go ahead and make it for the whole US. It uses google maps, so you can zoom in, and move around with ease. You can add yourself without registering, just put in your info and click "add me!" Put at least your alias on APK so people can contact you. Also, you can put more contact info in the "description" area. Let me know if you want me to delete your old post so you can recreate it.

I made this sticky because it may be useful, but if any of the other mods deem it not worthy just unstick it. ()

Go Here: http://www.frappr.com/ustraceurs

« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 10:13:24 AM by SkyNative »

Offline Matthew Lee Willis

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
Re: Map of US Traceurs!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 10:08:13 PM »
WOW.  How did you do that...I have been trying to do that for a while...if you can some how do that for my clan we would deffinitly be appreciative.  We were meaning to do the same thing but were unable to do it.

If you would PM me or something then I can go ahead and try to get some information to you and what not.
Parkour:Phone Calls
Free Running::Text Messaging

Offline SkyNative

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 10:12:20 PM »
You can just use the Frappr site, click "Create Map!" it's easy as !

Edit: Just realized that it only goes down to the level of zip code, so it wouldn't be too helpful to you guys all in the same area trying to find eachother. I'll see what else I can come up with tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 10:18:10 PM by SkyNative »

Offline Tyson Cecka

• Patas
  • Tyson Cecka
    • View Profile
    • Tyson Cecka
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 11:28:49 PM »
cool thing, good idea I like it. If you create an account and edit your info you can put a marker exactly where you are. It didn't like my zip....

Offline klaymen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 11:44:19 PM »
WOW.  How did you do that...I have been trying to do that for a while...if you can some how do that for my clan we would deffinitly be appreciative.  We were meaning to do the same thing but were unable to do it.

If you would PM me or something then I can go ahead and try to get some information to you and what not.

what would be the purpose of making one for just your clan?

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 04:25:18 AM »
this is great. I have to ask you to share the credit with Cloud, he's been bugging me to do this forever!!! I was trying to build it into the site, but now that it's started we'll ride with it :)

hopefully if everyone adds their zipcode in their own info I'll easily be able to import our registered members into a map like this soon.
Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline Deft

• Definitely NOT a wanker...
  • Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 06:53:31 AM »
I just added my city, state, and zip on my info page.

The joy of surpassing the limits of the body is open to all.
-Mihaly Csikszentmilhaly

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 09:02:25 AM »
skipper is added  ;D

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 10:41:10 AM »
http://www.frappr.com/texasparkour  Alright guys.  You are going to see this site GROW!  We are going to put our whole clan on it.  By the end of the month we should have close to 25 people with their address on this...well I hope anyway.  This is going to help our group out so much.  Thanks for bringing this to all of our attentions.  Google is so frekin awesome...its stupid.

Offline michiganparkour

• Patas
  • WHAAAAAAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 06:07:57 PM »
im on there....oops look like i have two icons there...one near my house and the other on my school......my bad
Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline klaymen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 07:32:12 AM »
http://www.frappr.com/texasparkour  Alright guys.  You are going to see this site GROW!  We are going to put our whole clan on it.  By the end of the month we should have close to 25 people with their address on this...well I hope anyway.  This is going to help our group out so much.  Thanks for bringing this to all of our attentions.  Google is so frekin awesome...its stupid.

can you not see how that is splitting people up instead of bringing them together? it is not a popularity contest, the point is to let people know where others are. i could understand if texas wasn't in the ustraceurs one, but it is, so i ask again, what is the point other than to get noticed?

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2006, 11:52:11 AM »
What...this was just a way of people from TEXAS to have their own thing.  Hey, I signed up for the ONE with all the US.  THis is on my site.  People who dont come to APK.  I was just showing you guys how easy it was to set up.  I am not splitting anyone up.  Anyone who joins that is not in my clan is stupid.  I Dont know why anyone would want to join, that is not in my clan.  That is why mine says...TEXASPARKOUR and not MATTHEWLEEWILLISOWNWAYOFMAKINGUSTRACEUREMAP.  hehe. :)

Offline coastal96

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2006, 12:12:14 PM »
That is why mine says...TEXASPARKOUR and not MATTHEWLEEWILLISOWNWAYOFMAKINGUSTRACEUREMAP.  hehe. :)

LOL LOL

Offline Daniel Faulkner

• Guenons
  • pierced one
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2006, 12:24:06 PM »
Matt isn't splitting things up.  The Texas Parkour Clan isn't like other parkour clans.  You see we are not made up of just one city or even area of a city.  The Texas Parkour Clan is made up of several cities throughout Texas.  The major cities even have mini clans that train together.  Then we hold major jams inviting everyone to come and get together.  This way there is alot of carpooling and there is more outreach.  More people hear and see the sport. 
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

Not all who wander are lost. J.R. Tolkien

Offline Tyson Cecka

• Patas
  • Tyson Cecka
    • View Profile
    • Tyson Cecka
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2006, 12:47:12 PM »
Any reason not to have a global one?

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2006, 01:04:57 PM »
humm...well I guess there could be a global one as well.  That would be pretty interesting.  Someone should get ahold of EZ and let him know.

Offline Altimot

• Hirundo Rustica
  • its al (like the name) /tea/ mot (rhymes with not)
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2006, 01:55:24 PM »
There are like 5 people who are all in the same zip code for colorado so one marker is like 5 people lol, so it looks like on person. How do you change it once you are a member?

Offline klaymen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2006, 02:03:24 PM »
There are like 5 people who are all in the same zip code for colorado so one marker is like 5 people lol, so it looks like on person. How do you change it once you are a member?

there is an option to change the marker position. i forgot exactly where, but try looking for words like edit details or edit profile. but i moved mine around.

Offline klaymen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2006, 02:11:39 PM »
What...this was just a way of people from TEXAS to have their own thing.  Hey, I signed up for the ONE with all the US.  THis is on my site.  People who dont come to APK.  I was just showing you guys how easy it was to set up.  I am not splitting anyone up.  Anyone who joins that is not in my clan is stupid.  I Dont know why anyone would want to join, that is not in my clan.  That is why mine says...TEXASPARKOUR and not MATTHEWLEEWILLISOWNWAYOFMAKINGUSTRACEUREMAP.  hehe. :)

ok, i thought that was for all people in texas. i didn't realise it was a seperate map just to distinguish your "clan". my concern was that someone could put their name on yours assuming that all the people in texas would be able to see it, but then people looking at the us one wouldn't ever know that there were people in that area. and vice versa, people looking at your map wouldn't know of the people who just put their name on the us map. for example, if someone was planning a crosscountry trip (for example PD), if there were a bunch of different local maps, they wouldn't be able to see people who only put their names on the local one. i could understand if you couldn't zoom in to a local level on the us map, but you can. this isn't really aimed at you, just at anyone who thinks that it would be a good idea to make a local map.

Offline Quazar

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Whatup my Ninja?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2006, 05:47:51 PM »
How about the possibility of different color markers for hotspots?

Eh? Eh? ;)

"In heaven, we'll all freerun with Jesus"
                           ..."His Kongs are off the hook!"