Author Topic: Modes of movement/transportation  (Read 161 times)

Offline PetterJhon

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Modes of movement/transportation
« on: December 26, 2018, 09:17:27 PM »
Hi all,

To give a bit of context, I'm very interested in going back to the roots of parkour with my training, following the teachings of Georges Hebert and being strong to be useful.  I would say that my style of parkour is very utilitarian.

There is no doubt that movement with the body is by far the most useful, as it's something you're guaranteed to have with you at all times.  Training with the body is also crucial because it helpsshowbox.bio/ tutuapp.uno/  vidmate.vet/develop a strong mind.  However, in terms of usefulness, there are many situations where the body alone won't cut it and other types of movement are more efficient, such as being at the top of a mountain and having to ski down, or operating a vehicle such as a boat or a plane in an emergency situation.  I think that in order to be as useful as possible, we should be able to move effectively (or at least be familiar) with any mode of transportation.

I've compiled a list of all the types of movement/transportation I could think of.  It's probably not plausible to become proficient at all of these, but I thought it would be interesting to hear what you think about this idea since as traceurs we're all interested in movement.  And even beyond the idea of usefulness, incorporating things such as skateboards into a flow could make for some very fun training.  So what are your thoughts on any of this?  And anything that I missed on the list (I'll update it as more suggestions come in)?

Methods/modes of movement/transportation:

-Body (I think this section has been covered more than well enough in these forums
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 10:25:20 AM by PetterJhon »