Author Topic: Demon - A Nice Winter Day's Training - December 30, 2005  (Read 8101 times)

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
Demon - A Nice Winter Day's Training - December 30, 2005
« on: December 30, 2005, 11:08:43 PM »
I haven't made a video for ages so I decided to go out today and film some of the stuff I've been working on in the past few days. As you will see, a lot of it is more on the technical type side, nothing really big and amazing. A lot of rail work and more specifically, a lot of underbar training. Hope you like it, all comments and criticisms are welcome!

http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0D3EYAYNNLACN3CLN5V03IMU9N

Edit : New yousendit link updated 2-11-06 ^^^^
-Akh
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 08:03:36 AM by akh horus »

Steez

Re: Demon - A Nice Winter Day's Training - December 30, 2005
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 11:34:32 PM »
sweet vid.

those underbars were really inspiring to me, seeing as how i'm a pretty small guy, that should be my strength.  good thing i'm headed to the university campus tomorrow.

i found the kong shots very educational.  i had been struggling with the exit distance, and being able to see clear shots of how to use your core and arms to generate motion was really nice.

that one bail was scary! (parallel railings, looked like an attempted kong)

but...you did totally make yourself look like a newb compared to that cat and it's mad saut de chat skills.   ;)

quality

Offline Michael Zernow

• Captain Jetpack
  • Global Moderator
  • Patas
  • I believe in myself.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 11:40:02 PM »
Man if ever i am given a choice of where to spend the rest of my life it would probably be right there, it looks like there's about 4 million and one places to work rail moves. You definitely take advantage of it though there were some really great combinations there i really liked the turn vault to reverse underbar i'm going to have to try that, unfortunately traverse city doesn't have two rails within ten feet of each other so i'll have to wait till i get back to chicago but there was some really good tech stuff which in my opinion is some of the best test of one's actually skill because it's all just what you're capable of doing and how creative you can be. Really good stuff man, i've gotta go to colorado, what's the weather there right now?

Offline klaymen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 03:32:26 AM »
nice spot, nice video, and nice choice of music. really good underbars.

Offline Vertical

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Master of Disaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 06:33:29 AM »
Hi Demon

The Video

In the first clip of the Video, you show you have a good ammount of Upper Body strength. I'm always facinated by this move, it just seems.. impossible. Good work.

The Kong to Cats a 0.23 are quick and very fluid, thumbs up for them.

The double underbars at 0.31 were really good! This was one of the highlights of the movie for me, as ive never seen somthing like this done before, already im seeing a good start to the video.

At 0.45 you were let down a little bit, you end up gonig back the way you came, this is therefore not real parkour, as the whole point is to get from area A to area B, and ths took you from area A to area A. But im willing to take this as a 'showcase' of your abilitys, not as a parfect definition of parkour. That clip could have been left out though, but no biggie.

The underbars start fade out and the vaults begin. Everythings fine with them, again your keeping a good focus on fluidity and variety.

at 1.35 a very big kong to precision  ;D

at 1.43 i like this precision, it would be a good clip to show a newer Traceur what a precision jump is, its a good distance, good body posture, and a good landing.

And all finished off by a short run into a roll on concrete, thats a good technique to have mastered (somthing i have yet to do myself  :D)

The Virdict

I think it was a good all-round video, you may have been able to cut out a few of the underbars, bu appart from that a near-perfect video, now just practice on getting all of the moves you currently know to be bigger and better.

-Vertical

-Vertical

Offline Kent

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 07:41:31 AM »
Pretty badass demon, you've definitely improved a lot since the last video i saw.  Very nice Pisteurs-esque underbars to :P

Offline Asa Liebmann

• New Jersey
  • Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • NYParkour
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 09:06:46 AM »
 I tried to post this last night, at like 4am on parkour.net, but I couldn't login

Nice demon! That tumble at 3:30 has happened to me countless times, when you're so focused on the future that you forget the concentrate in the present. And props on conquering that jump before you let it conquer you.

That cat to arm jump you did in the beginning, I thought you were going to scramble up that wall, which would have been really cool.

That was an enjoyable video, with a good vibe.

And Vertical, in order to avoid a conflict in this thread, I'm going to send to a PM about your comment on .45, so don't foget to check your inbox.

Gearsighted

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 11:02:16 AM »
Nice vid, Demon...I always come away from watching your vids wanting to try a bunch of crazy underbars....don't know why ;)

At 0.45 you were let down a little bit, you end up gonig back the way you came, this is therefore not real parkour, as the whole point is to get from area A to area B, and ths took you from area A to area A. But im willing to take this as a 'showcase' of your abilitys, not as a parfect definition of parkour. That clip could have been left out though, but no biggie.

It's just a training video...not a Parkour run per-say. This is a collection of techniques used to improve your Parkour. And a damn nice collection if I might say so :D

Offline PD

• Patas
  • Tru Freedom
    • View Profile
    • Tempest Freerunning
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2005, 11:08:39 AM »
Demon you have a smooth flow and great style.
Very crisp/clean video.

You know it's a good video when you are inspired to go out and train.
Follow your dreams

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2005, 11:13:52 AM »
thanks for all the comments.

@ frosti - the weather here has been pretty good. like 2 straight weeks of sun and 40-60 degrees. sometimes some heavy wind which is annoying.

@ pistolwhip - i have climbed one of those walls before and its pretty scary. most of those rocks stick out about half an inch so it wouldve been a slow scramble... :P

Offline The Manilla Gorilla

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2005, 11:30:44 AM »
My god. that was amazing fantatic underbars, i have been having trouble with them for a while, and i think i just got my self a new pratice vid, thank you.

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2005, 03:24:41 PM »
Excellent video Demon, I can tell you've been training hardcore! Underbars were smooth as butter, and you have awesome ability to kong / monkey incredibly high stuff!
That area rocks [literallly and figuratively], I have to make it out there some time! Keep up the incredible work Demon!

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2006, 11:32:19 AM »
Demon that was an exceptional video! i like the way you train!

makes me feel like ive never even SEEN the bottom side of a hand rail  :P

very very well done!

Offline Brandon Blessing

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Colorado Parkour
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2006, 02:33:48 PM »
Nice video, fun to watch. Always putting Colorado's best foot forward. Keep it up man.

Offline Jon Andrew Nease

• Guenons
  • 3run style!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2006, 12:28:05 PM »
Yaaa, nice video! Have fun today i wish i could jam with you guys, class sucks the big ones!!!!! :o

Offline Chogotron

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2006, 10:22:36 PM »
Yeah man, u got great flow.  I was really feeling those cat to underbars, sweet sweet.  nice recovery at 2:28 :P.  Shot as a training vid, its very inspiring, helps me see spots i never thought of before.  props on the soundtrack too!

Thanks for posting the "flag pole" tutorial, im not quite there yet, but i see what your getting at balancewise. 

Offline LockDown

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2006, 01:09:08 PM »
the video does not work anymore, wish I could have seen it sounds like demon made a good one. if a new link could be posted I would appreciate it.

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2006, 06:03:54 PM »
That was a pretty sweet vid, you are insanely good at flagpoles :).  I'm gonna keep working on what you showed me, there's got to be a few good poles around here.  Oh, by the way what kind of software do you use for your videos?
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2006, 06:26:54 PM »
adobe premiere pro 1.5