Author Topic: The official "Introduce Yourself" Thread  (Read 79940 times)

Offline samurai316

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: The official "Introduce Yourself" Thread
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007, 06:40:34 PM »
Hey all names JP i'm 19, I live down in Newport NC (down east hick capital of the state) I really just started in the PK buis though i know of at least one person around here who also does it, i am tryin to find some good training workouts to get myself in good condition (and loose this freakin gut i have :P ) the only thing i've done out of sheer boredom is jump the counter top at my job in the bookstore at the community college (got some nice bruises on my leg cause of it)

e-mail's kind_samurai316@yahoo.com and if anyone lives around newport and could help me start up on this whould be very appreciative.

Offline Socks

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Woot for me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007, 07:25:51 PM »
Welcome aboard!

Offline Asphalt

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2007, 12:14:50 PM »
Hey Guys, the name's Sean.  I'm 28 living in Kannapolis, NC.  Thats just above Charlotte.  I jsut dicovered Free Running But I used to be a climbing and ropes course instructor and have done quite a bit of tumbling so this seems to be something I really wanna get in to.  my AIM is Elesmere and my yahoo is Teachingclay.  I really want to make some contacts in the area so please add me and drop me a line.

Offline Eclypse

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2007, 01:19:18 PM »
Sup, name's Terry. I, too, learned about Parkour some months ago, but I have not been able to practice much. I am 19 and I live in Rocky Mount, NC and I attend school in Collegedale, TN. I have one partner that plans to train with me while we are at school.

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2007, 05:06:47 AM »
Welcome to it, guys! :D

Also: ncparkour.com
North Carolina Traceurs

Offline Vance92

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2007, 08:01:45 PM »
hey

I have been a member here for around 6 months but i guess i have never formally introduced myself and i never post so.. I am starting new right here :)

My name is Vance, i have been "really" doing parkour for 3 months. I live in Asheboro (not asheville) which means i have about the crappiest place to parkour.... no other traceurs here.. I turn 16 in about 4 months so hopefully i can drive up there and join u guy soon :)
Explore your surroundings. Take only pictures, leave only footprints.

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2007, 05:14:39 AM »
Vance:

Welcome to it! Thanks for introducing urself.

You're welcome to make the, what, hour and half trip down to Charlotte whenever you can, man. :) It looks like you're a little bit closer to Burlington and Chapel Hill, tho? Def try posting up on ncparkour.com and see who all is near to you. :)

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline Tichen

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2007, 03:27:08 PM »
Hey, I'm Tichenor, of Waxhaw Clan.. soon to be Parkwood Clan; we're starting a team at Parkwood highschool in Monroe. I've run pk for a year now, and love it.

Socks: where in waxhaw do you live? I never knew there were other traceurs in this little town.

if any of you do myspace, mine is myspace.com/fffer
you can see some of my pk pics there, and add me. :)
Be Relentless

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2007, 05:52:25 AM »
Hey, Tichenor and Socks,

You guys aren't TOO far from me. I'm in S.Charlotte/Matthews. Are there any good areas to train where you guys are?? :D Whatsays to getting together sometime?

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline xazraelx

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2007, 09:49:18 PM »
Hello...I just was looking around - I've been interested in the free running activities for about a year now, and was looking for forums related to such.

Anyway, I am 20 years old, a Junior at UNCC, and used to take Karate for four years.  I loved it, and have been looking for some kind of activity I can commit myself to in college.  I quit Karate the same time I came to college, and it didn't make for a great combination, so I'm somewhat out of shape now.  Anyway, I was just interested in running with you guys sometime...I know I, in all likelihood, won't be able to keep up at first, but working at it in a group is far more beneficial, and I'm also a lot more inclined to learn and push myself harder by being with others.

My hometown is Clemmons, right below winston-salem, about an hour from greensboro, so I can pretty much head most of the more popular places in the state without it taking too long if I can find the dedication to stick with it, which I hope it will be enjoyable enough to do so.  Oh, yes, and I need to go find some decent shoes.

Well, thanks for taking the time to read this.

William

Offline Asphalt

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2007, 05:50:04 AM »
Well man, the crew meets almost every thursday on campus (uncc) so you shouldnt have to travel far.  :)  look forward to seein you sometime.

Offline xazraelx

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2007, 01:49:23 PM »
Is it still the belk tower at 7, as I read somewhere here?  Or was it 7 30...  And yeah, not far...7 minute walk to be exact :P

Offline Fiddlinboy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2007, 03:49:08 PM »
Hello, my name is Marshall Feis.  I turn 20 in a few weeks, and I have been practicing "parkour" (under that name) for roughly a year.  I have always been somewhat of a climber, but I think many can relate to the "wow" impression they felt when watching David Belle (and other highly experienced traceurs) for the first time.  The lack of numerous urban obstacles has somewhat impeeded my progress on several of the established movements, but I am looking forward to meeting other traceurs and training diligently!

I live in the small town of Oakboro, almost 40 miles east of downtown Charlotte.  I am hoping to meet up with those at UNC Charlotte soon.  :)
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 05:27:48 AM »
Welcome, welcome azrael and fiddlinboy! :D

Yep, we meet at least every Thursday at Belk tower on UNCC's campus. The time isn't exact, I like to be there closer to 7 to have plenty of time to warm up and stretch (and to get a good night's jam in), but sometimes ppl are a little slow a/b getting out and make it there more like 7:30. :)

I'd put money on it that we're running this Thurs! Hopefully it won't rain on us again and we'll finally be able to have a big "1st jam of the semester" jam... :D Come on out!!

Post on these forums or email for directions or any help/questions you may need/have. :D

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline xazraelx

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 08:42:37 AM »
Just to clarify things, we're meeting at the apartments listed in the "Regular Jams" thread instead of the belk tower, right?

And yes, I'm looking forward to it - I have a feeling I will be watching/learning moreso than doing, but it's a progression, like all things.  Thanks again,

William

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2007, 06:21:19 PM »
Just to clarify things, we're meeting at the apartments listed in the "Regular Jams" thread instead of the belk tower, right?

And yes, I'm looking forward to it - I have a feeling I will be watching/learning moreso than doing, but it's a progression, like all things.  Thanks again,

William

Azrael:

Well, meeting at Monk's is moreso for the ppl who have cars and need to park. We do so to avoid parking charges on-campus. You can mos def meet us there, tho! We meet at Monk's, then walk over to Belk. Either way you wanna do it is all fine by me. :)

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline xBL!NDx

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2007, 01:51:26 PM »
ya guys i live in matthews, any idea where there are any urban areas? i live in the suburbs and cant drive yet so any way to train around here?

Offline Protosoph

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2007, 07:30:14 AM »
Hello, my name is Randal, i live near Asheville,NC in a little hell hole called Marion,NC. Its a good two hour drive to Charlotte from here but i drove to warped tour this year and it wasnt so bad. Um,...started practicing basic Parkour movements and concepts about four months ago, but sadly its been hard for me to get much farther than i am due to a wrist injury which broke it in three places. 

Well if anyone on here lives near me just give me a call and we should get together and have a session together, and also if anyone has info about an open gym near either Asheville or Marion let me know.Thanks, much love.

Myspace = http://www.myspace.com/protosoph   ADD ME!!!

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2007, 09:55:16 AM »
Welcome to the scene, man. :) Sorry to hear a/b your wrist! Def be careful with any kind of training with that, you know? I don't know the likelihood but you don't want to like re-break it or hurt it some other way real bad. :P

At any rate, hi!

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline Protosoph

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2007, 10:38:02 AM »
Yeah, it was two years ago but it still limits me very badly in what i can do safely. It's nice to finally meet other people who know parkour in NC. My friends and i felt lonely in our hometown but oddly enough it seems as though people here may be catching on....not good but catching on nonetheless ;D.

Well all best wishes, Randal.