Author Topic: The official "Introduce Yourself" Thread  (Read 85334 times)

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
The official "Introduce Yourself" Thread
« on: June 28, 2007, 12:11:10 PM »
Check it out! If you're new to these forums and/or to Parkour and are in the NC area, introduce yourself here!

Posting your name, age, location in NC, email/AIM, and a little bit a/b yourself is a good ways to start. :)

Also: ncparkour.com
North Carolina Traceurs

Offline Socks

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Woot for me!
    • View Profile
Re: The official "Introduce Yourself" Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 09:54:20 AM »
Haha first post of July.

Anyways my name is Cory. I am 15 years old (16 in august), I live in Waxhaw (Oh yes farm land...lots of it...) but I'm right next to Mecklenburg County. I started "parkour" about 3 months ago. I use the quotations because I have osgood schlatter so I can't do a whole lot and am told not to jump or run. Opps I don't listen... :P. Although I'm not very good at it I love it.

If you feel the need to contact me...
E-mail : G4_Fighter@yahoo.com
AIM: SockstheWolf
Msn: G4_Fighter@hotmail.com

Hope to see some of you around.

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 04:32:37 AM »
Welcome to teh b0ards, Cory! :)

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline Ryan Brown

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 09:23:37 PM »
Hey, my name is Ryan and my friends and I have been PK training since February so... 5 months as of this post. I live in North Raleigh and just graduated Wakefield Highschool. My favorite place to train is NC state campus when i have time/gas for the 30 minute drive each way.
"The thing I like most about this country is that, in a pinch , when things really get tough, you can always go into a store and buy some mints."

-George Carlin

Baounit

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 03:39:17 AM »
Welcome to the forums. Where are you in North Raleigh? There's some guys close by Crabtree mall.

Offline Ryan Brown

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 06:23:04 AM »
Yeah, I live near triangle town center (so long as we're using malls as landmarks) I've got 3 other friends who live near here who are serious about Parkour. One of them is doing summer school at UNCCH so he's actually there more than he is here. Another one currently has an injured finger and I'm pretty busy for awhile but we should get together for an NC state jam eventually.
"The thing I like most about this country is that, in a pinch , when things really get tough, you can always go into a store and buy some mints."

-George Carlin

Baounit

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 03:01:30 PM »
How about Saturday? I believe I'm free.

Baounit

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 04:12:58 AM »
It wouldn't let me modify my last post.  ??? Anyway Ryan, Pete, Jeremy, and I will be down at NCSU at 10AM. Johnathan might be coming. This is Pete's last jam with the Raleigh guys before heading home to England. Call my cell if you can come, it's (919)801-7075.

Offline Spamatron

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 12:22:59 PM »
Hello everyone!  ;D
There are some who call me Paul. I am in the South Charlotte area and I am really quite new to the Parkour scene. But I have been studying Tae Kwon Do for 5 years.

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 04:34:34 AM »
Welcome, Spamatronicus/Paul!

Yea you guys are real near Pineville, right? That's a bit of a drive up to UNCC, but if you gotz wheels, grab ur buds and join us on a jam, yea?

Didn't you say you had a few friends that you all run together? How did you guys find out a/b PK? How long ago was that? What's the age range/size of ur group? You guys go to S.Meck HS? :)

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline Spamatron

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 12:36:01 PM »
Alright...
Yes, we are right next to Pineville.

Well kinda yes, I have one friend who runs.

Well I found out about Parkour from the glorious "Intar-web". I researched it a little and saw that it was really cool so I started trying some of the basics and such.

I am 16 and yeah we go to S.Meck HS. 8)

Offline Spamatron

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 12:41:12 PM »
It wouldn't let me modify my post so....

P.S.
I learned about Parkour about 3 months ago.

You can reach me at...

E-mail: friky.whitsett@gmail.com
AIM: alienphat101

Offline Socks

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Woot for me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 03:06:34 PM »
Welcome Aboard.

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 04:35:33 AM »
Yea, if you and your friend are willing and able to make it up to UNCC sometime, CAHM OWN DAUWN (Little joke b/n Monk and I. Read: "Come on down")!

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline Gmiller

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 08:02:36 AM »
Hey guys. My name is Graydon. I'm 18. I live around South Park in Charlotte. email is gmiller4@bellsouth.net. I learned about parkour several months ago and I've been practicing the basics at home the past few weeks. I'm trying to get my friends involved, but I don't know that that will happen.

If anyone knows where I could pick up some size 15 Adidas Novas around Charlotte please tell me.

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 09:34:02 AM »
Hey guys. My name is Graydon. I'm 18. I live around South Park in Charlotte. email is gmiller4@bellsouth.net. I learned about parkour several months ago and I've been practicing the basics at home the past few weeks. I'm trying to get my friends involved, but I don't know that that will happen.

If anyone knows where I could pick up some size 15 Adidas Novas around Charlotte please tell me.

Welcome, Gmiller! It's awesome to see another new face show up! RE your friends getting involved: yea Parkour just isn't for everyone. A lot of ppl will think it looks easy or is just silly or something. IMO, they're intimidated by the prospect of moving differently from everyone else. ;) That's just one of many many reasons someone might be reluctant to try Parkour, though. If it isn't what someone is interested in, you can't force 'em, u know?

Well if you're looking for ppl to jam with, you got 'em right here. U checked out the Regular Jams Thread? We run pretty much every Thurs at 7-7:30 on UNCC's campus. Gotta jam tonight if you want to join. Interested?

As far as the Adidas Novas goes, is the problem finding Novas, or is the problem finding the size you want? If it's the size, you might have to go online for 'em, u know?

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline Gmiller

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 10:36:32 AM »
I guess the problem is finding any good shoe in that size. But I like Adidas shoes. They fit me well.

I'll try to be there tonight. Where exactly are yall starting on the UNCC campus? And where should I park to get there?

Offline Kaliastrih

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 11:15:53 AM »
I doubt anybody will check the forums before the jam tonight so I'll jump in.

Graydon, We meet in Belk Tower around 7 or 7:30, like Cliff said.  If you go north in University City Blvd, you will pass the campus on your left and then you turn left when you see a Circle K gas station, thats John Kirk ave (i think).  I usually park in the first apartments complex to the right.  If you want, you can meet me there around 7:15pm or so. If you have aim, IM me at cronowarrior007.  Im not sure how to post pictures, but if you go to the uncc website, im sure you can find where Belk Tower is.

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 12:46:01 PM »
Gmiller:

In addition to Kaliastrih's directions which are great, here is a visual aid (Just ignore the "Park Here" part, tho. Used to park there, now we park here, which is the "first apartments complex to the right" Kali referenced.):

Give me a call at 704-576-5832 when you're near or if you need some assistance.

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline tamarunner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 11:01:39 PM »
My name is Sean, i live in clinton, in sampson county. as far as i know it is just me and a few other people that do parkour around here. my friends and i have only bin doing this for a few months, but we are very serious about it

you can contact me here or at nrg_frequency@yahoo.com
IF anyone does parkour around here or fayetteville contact me.