Author Topic: The official "Introduce Yourself" Thread  (Read 86562 times)

Offline mattcelt

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: The official "Introduce Yourself" Thread
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2007, 03:34:53 AM »
Hey everybody - just jumping in to make it 'official' here.  My name is Matt, and I just moved back to Charlotte from DC.  I'm also registered on the NCParkour.com forums under the same handle, so PM me there if you want my contact info, etc.

I'll be at the jams at Davidson tomorrow (10/17/07) and @UNCC on Thursday as well.

Matt

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2007, 05:38:10 AM »
sw00t! Sup, Matt? :)

Also: ncparkour.com
North Carolina Traceurs

Offline DCscot

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2007, 09:11:07 PM »
Hey Im Q and just wanted to introduce myself.  Im a complete beginner but definitely want to get into parkour.  I go to school just north of Charlotte so please let me know if there is anything going on in the area.  Peace

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2007, 06:10:47 AM »
DCscot/Q:

Welcome to the scene! Have you checked out the Regular Jams Thread in the NC Jams board right here? That would answer your question a/b whether or not "anything is going on in the area", dude.

Thanks for posting up! New faces are always welcome. Join us as you are willing and able, man!

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline Raze

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2007, 01:53:53 PM »
Hey my names Ray but i usually go by Rami (rhymes with tommy:P). I go to UNCG but live in stokes county near Sandy Ridge/Danbury (about 15 mins from Hanging Rock S. Park.)  I've been practicing PK 3-4 times a week for about 3 weeks with my brother and 2 other friends. Weve learned basic vaults and rolls and can do them pretty consistently.  If theres anyone in the greensboro or stokes county area let me know!

Offline mat

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2008, 12:54:59 PM »
Hi, I am Mat's mom. Mat is seven and he would like to learn Parkour. We are in Asheville NC. Anybody else into Parkour around here?

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2008, 01:58:35 PM »
Hi, Mat & Mat's mom!

Wow, seven is a real young age! That's pretty interesting that he wants to learn Parkour, very cool. Are you looking more for traceurs (Parkour atheletes) in/around Asheville, NC, or more for tips/advice on how to teach Parkour to someone so young?

If it's the former, I personally don't know of any traceurs in/around Asheville, though. :\ I wouldn't be surprised if I were mistaken, however. :)

If it's the latter, off of the top of my head I know that gearsighted has young children, and I'm sure he teaches and has been teaching them for some time now. He might be able to offer some pointers. Send him a PM if you like. :)

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline paperboyhero

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • You can't spell "manslaughter" without "laughter."
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2008, 02:29:59 PM »
Hey!  It turns out I do in fact have a login here.  I'm not a robot after all!

So, yeah... I'm over on ncparkour, but I just moved to Charlotte a week ago.  My enthusiasms include music, movies, sandwiches, and general skullduggery.

I'm really looking forward to getting out with some guys and doing some parkour.

Oh, and Mat/Mat's mom - be really careful about parkour that young, especially drops.  At that age, the knees and ankles have some developing yet to do and you don't want to do any damage.  Just FYI.

Offline dirty brit

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2008, 01:19:54 PM »
alright guys, my name's Nile and im living in charlotte. im 22, english and thinking about getting back into PK after about 3 1/2 years out of it. i met a guy called brian at the smelly cat cafe in noda last night and he said to look the charlotte group up.

my email is nilecooky@hotmail.com and phone is 704 898 7892

cheers

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2008, 07:43:02 AM »
Sweet! Welcome, Nile! That's a cool name, btw. Yea B was just talking a/b a specific kind of tea they have a Smelly Cat. B, if you're reading this we oughtta head up there and hang out and have some together. I want to get to "know" NoDa a lil' better. It's a cool area.

At any rate, Nile. Yea come on out and jam, dude! New faces always welcome. Chex0r the Regular Jams Thread if you haven't already.

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline pr gringo

• Patas
  • DANGER MONKEY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2008, 09:55:52 AM »
yea we definitely gotta chill up in NoDa sometime soon, i freakin love that area. 

Hey Nile! this is pr gringo = Brian = B, so hi again.  im happy you took your time to post up on the boards and we'll be sure to get you back into parkour shape  ;)

Offline Barixi

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2008, 10:40:45 PM »
Hello people, I'm Marcus, but go by just about anything. I wanted to get into parkour because it seems like a fun way to get back and stay in shpe, without just running a set path and/or weight lifting like there's no tomarrow.

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2008, 08:05:04 AM »
Hello people, I'm Marcus, but go by just about anything. I wanted to get into parkour because it seems like a fun way to get back and stay in shpe, without just running a set path and/or weight lifting like there's no tomarrow.

How's it going, Marcus? Welcome! We meet Thursday evenings at least, starting around 7-7:30 on UNCC's campus. Join as you are willing and able. :)

Parkour def is motivation to get in shape. The Parkour itself isn't quite so much as what gets you fit as does the conditioning FOR Parkour. If you wan't do do x "move", but aren't strong/flexible/coordinated enough, it makes you WANT to train so that you can. :)

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline dirty brit

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2008, 09:44:41 AM »
heheh, sweet, nice one guys. yeah im looking forward to it. if everything goes well i may be hurling myself at things with you guys this thursday.

cheers b, ohfomehxr

and the tea in that place kicks all kinds of arse btw

Offline Barixi

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2008, 12:12:29 PM »
Well I'm in Jacksonville right now, so I guess I can train and practice here until I can make it over to the UNCC area.

Offline CORPERALCRAZY

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2008, 11:57:38 PM »
 ;D Hey!
The names AJ I'm 20 and I live in Franklin. SO SMALL! No good places to go so I use my house as my practice space. Just got back from alabama and hope to find some more people to jam with. missed my morning excercises and need to get back on that.

Offline AndrewW

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2008, 03:00:49 PM »
Hey!

My name is Andrew. I'm a pretty avid body builder, and I did Martial Arts for a while, but as of right now have no hobbies, so I thought it might be cool to try this.

I live in a town called Matthews which is a little south of Charlotte, and I'm 17 (but no, I don't have a license yet *sigh*).

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2008, 06:22:41 AM »
Welcome, Corporeal and Andrew! Yea as you might have seen we run most Thurs's, and are starting to look at weekend jams, too. :D

Andrew:

I live in Matthews, too, cool! Do you go to a gym? Whereabouts in Matthews are you? I'm right across from the Presby hospital on 51.

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline AndrewW

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2008, 11:57:02 AM »
cool!

I live near Providence high...which is where I go.

as for a gym, I'm at the JCC a few times a week.

where do you guys meet?

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2008, 12:24:42 PM »
JCC? We meet primarily on UNC-Charlotte's campus. If/when you want to go, we might could carpool. It's a solid half-hour drive up 485 from Matthews.

North Carolina Traceurs