Author Topic: "Download Embedded" Firefox extension : Great for putfile and use everyday!  (Read 17566 times)

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
I'm just making this a sticky for a little bit in here then will take it down!

Download Embedded is a SUPER useful extension for Firefox.

Quote from: Download Embedded site
It adds a right-click context menu entry to download all embedded files on a webpage. Its great for grabbing embedded flash animations, movies, music, etc., and a lot easier than digging through the page source or through Firefox's Page Info.

So it's perfect for those of us who may have problems viewing files on Putfile and would rather download it then go through 20 seconds of buffering for every 5 seconds of video, or you know, if you want to keep the video!  8) All you have to do is click the green "Download Embedded 0.1" button link thing and if you're in Firefox it should automatically prompt you to install. After a restart of Firefox you should now have the new entry in your right-click menu!

And a quick note about putfile, upon a right click on a page with a video on Putfile it will pop up a little notice saying something about not being able to right-click. Ignore it, go ahead and click "Download Embedded" and then click the ok on the little "You can't right click" prompt! Hope you find this useful!

Offline Matthew Lee Willis

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
Thanks...
Parkour:Phone Calls
Free Running::Text Messaging

Offline klaymen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
you could always do this in firefox. just right click > view page info, and go to the media tab  ;)

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
This is undeniably easier though. Especially for people who need stuff in "laymen"s terms :p

Offline Tocowujo

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
When  i use it it on putfile it opens up a "save" menu so i save it to the desktop and when i click on it, it opens up a window where i have to select a program to run it with, so i choose BSplayer and when i try to play it it doesnt work.  :-[

EDIT: Sorry, its working now...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 08:03:04 PM by Tocowujo »

Offline Dim Monk

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • ParKour network for Canada's Capital
Nice. It works well... thanks ;)