Author Topic: btay - tastes like parkour (HIpk)  (Read 76886 times)

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
Re: btay - tastes like parkour (HIpk)
« Reply #400 on: June 17, 2010, 01:18:04 PM »
TUE: I don't remember

WED: MN workout... Joint mobility, overhead press [not great], foot conditioning [large gravel - med impact walking], bf running on grass. Managed to land on the tops of my toes twice, but nothing serious.

I got bored, but found a golf ball... so I'd throw it as far as I could, and sprint to it, scoop it up running, and throw it. My L throw was pathetic. Then, instead of scooping it up, I did a diving roll and picked it up.

A guy hit a couple tennis balls into the chiller area, so I jumped up onto the wall, did a balance walk to a place I could jump down safely, got them, and climbed out. I scraped my arm climbing in. Super light. Pull-ups.

Back was crazy itching [grass?], so I climbed gate and threw the golf ball into the pool. Blue pool, orange ball - should be easy to spot, right? No - it's still pretty dirty - the worst I've seen it in 14 years. I tossed ball, swam underwater, tried to find it. Moved to shallow end, where vis was a little better. Hand walking, dash-type push-aways, explosive handstand push-ups.

PM PK: [wore Iguanas] Foot placement, rail vaults, vaults with stuff in 1 hand, cats, jumping up staircase and vaulting off...

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #401 on: June 18, 2010, 03:44:38 PM »
THU: Brushfire burned out half the field next to work. We had to stay inside the lobby for a while. I did a pool perimeter sweep with another guy. Make sure everyone was ok. Then N & I took off for the roof with our cameras. Running upstairs in light smoke was hard. I could barely see anything through my LCD. I'm sure N got some good photos. I konged some stuff on the roof for fun.

Homeless guy still lays down on the dirt road there, clothes rotting off him. His brown shirt is now just a collar around his neck. Brown shorts are frayed out. He wears something white plastic under them. Otherwise he'd prob be arrested for indecent exposure. Supposedly he's coherent, but refuses help.

This is the field I filmed UnNatural Method and parts of my No Comp in Parkour Parkour Comp video. Now it's a mess of ash, and re-re-burned kiawe trees. And burned homeless people junk. And one guy in a white plastic diaper, lying in the dirt.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #402 on: June 21, 2010, 02:33:46 PM »
THU: Went for a 7 mile beach walk in Wailea with G.

FRI: Balance walked, jumped the wall and walked through the fire zone.
Light pk at KC. I was soooo bored. I ended up in a tree, finding different ways to stretch and strain my body parts.

SAT: Nothing memorable.

SUN: EH jumped on my back while I was putting my guitar away. His bigger bro CH jumped on top of him. So I did a load of QM, then did squats, jogging around with both of them on my back. It was a good workout and I got a handful of Starbursts and a Hershey's Almond for my troubles. I tried to do 1 hand press with EH, but he was just too heavy for full extension.

R wrist was a little sore - still does not like full extension. [Since FEB!!!] So I did a lot of the QM on my knuckles [on carpet, in grass] and went to crouch or standing on concrete.

I planned to go out and train at 3, but wasn't able to. Schade.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #403 on: June 22, 2010, 03:18:41 PM »
MON: Another stinking flat. So I spent most of my training time repairing it. Then I came home and was ill all night.

Wait - I also ran around earlier - did some light lifting, kicked a knotted up towel and tried to catch it. Played on trees, and climbed up high in one to pull out palm fronds that fell in it during last week's fire. Foot conditioning - tiny hops on large gravel.

Also, used minimal shoes walking bike.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #404 on: June 24, 2010, 12:28:16 PM »
WED: 10 min cycling at [mostly] high rpms. Some lame presses 5x50, 5x70, 5x90. Barefoot conditioning - little hops and 1 foot balancing on large gravel. Tried running a barefoot 100m, but my time was like 18.47. I moved to the grass and ran a bunch of shorter sprints. Couple hang traverses on soccer goals. Helped guy push golf cart up hill. Random pull ups into trees. Mmm... something else.

Side effect of being sick is stomach is distended. I wore my fat guy pants last night and am wearing other ones today. Been eating very little, and avoiding some foods that were giving me troubles.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #405 on: June 26, 2010, 10:54:22 AM »
THU: Foot conditioning did not feel great, so I walked to the public pool, and swam for about 1/2 hour.

FRI: Simple bouldering, maybe some other stuff.
     - Yet another stinking flat. Almost all the bikes here at work had flats
KC - Easy vaults, placement, flow, easy ups, 6-7' drops [I can feel it today ;( ]
     - Stick fighting and spear throwing at target w/ piece of PVC. PVC started shattering. Bonus!
     - Hitting a tire with a 4' length of rebar. Chewed up my thumbs a bit, but really worked arms, shoulders, back...
     - Climbed onto containers, and did simple vaults, precisions, small gaps, balance work

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #406 on: June 28, 2010, 01:18:07 PM »
BS2BU: A guy and his kids were trying to push their car. I pulled over, jumped out, and helped push.
I'm trying to find opportunities every day, even if it's something small like holding the door.

SAT: I don't remember. Probably nothing since job 1 was from 7:30 - 3:45, and job 2 was supposed to be 3:00 to 9:00.

SUN: BS2BU: @ KC, carried stacks of chairs upstairs. It was awkward, especially trying to open doors.
Ran 4-5 miles barefoot at the beach [knee deep when some waves came in]. Went pretty much non-stop, but felt slow, heavy and tired. Maybe due to 4 hours sleep, no nap.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #407 on: June 29, 2010, 01:01:13 PM »
MON: Beach walk w/ G - 7 miles or so.

Someone vandalized the sign at work and stole all the bikes except 1. Mine was locked away, so should be ok. I have about 9 or 10 photos of the guy they suspect. He may have set the brush fire, too.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #408 on: June 30, 2010, 12:34:11 PM »
TUE: Had to run errand. Took bus. Saw Duke when I got off, so I have his cell, now. I sprinted, got my bill paid, and made it back before the bus left. Did some gardening and cleaning. It's not a workout tho. Did a late-night bike, did a walk around with security. AFAIK there was no vandalism last night. Except pigeons on 6th floor railing.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #409 on: June 30, 2010, 06:28:04 PM »
MN TESTING
[2009: April: +12.1, May: +28.65, June: +35.5, July: +44.65, Aug: +29.9, Sep: +39.9, Oct: +34.25, Nov +25.71, Dec +34.2],
[2010: Jan +33.4, Feb +11.25, Mar +30.7, Apr +16.5 [inj], May +30.0]

LINK to tests

JUN TESTS:  +26.95

100 : 14.84 +1.4                 500 1:42.05 -0.2           1500  6:41.87 -1.4
High 43" +3.8                      High+ 48" +2.2              Long 7'10" +3.9
Long+ 11'9" +0.2                 Rope  [9 pull -1]            Lift 6 +3
Throw 29'7" + 22'2"  =+4.75    Swim 1:40 +9               Dive :23 +1.3

Sigh. Lost 1.4 points on 1500 being tired, 1 point on 100m swim cuz I hooked my glasses off and stopped for a second - started to swim down to pick them up. Lost another point on pulls from
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tSFNXC19COC-ZKMlC4S2Vsw&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #410 on: July 01, 2010, 04:51:49 PM »
WED: Didn't do pk @ KC. BS2BU: Helped move drum set and some equipment. Not much because G was tired, hungry, etc.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #411 on: July 02, 2010, 04:10:27 PM »
THU: Usual biking. Usual flat.
FRI: Where'd we put the cricket bat?

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #412 on: July 03, 2010, 11:04:41 PM »
FRI: Walked a couple miles carrying electric guitar. Did a few vaults after practice.
SAT: Walked in minimal shoes, fixed bike [yet again] and biked home.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #413 on: July 06, 2010, 10:08:05 AM »
SUN: Had to go in early for practice. I did a few vaults, read a bit.
MON: Day off. Crappy day. Did laundry. Did a tiny bit of lifting. Tire is flat again.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #414 on: July 07, 2010, 10:11:46 AM »
TUE: Walked bike to work. Fixed my bike yet again. Lifting - lower than normal. Grabbed a tennis racquet and went to the loading dock. It was super windy. I was playing it more like racquetball anyway. Biked home.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #415 on: July 07, 2010, 12:19:00 PM »
WED: I did NOT have a flat this morning. ;D Wall balance during break.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #416 on: July 08, 2010, 09:52:36 AM »
WED: I know I did SOMETHING. Lost a filling. Elliptical at work, to limit impact/ bouncing. Still, head was throbbing after 6 minutes or so. Biked.

THU: Tires are both inflated this morning!

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #417 on: July 09, 2010, 11:14:07 AM »
THU: Dumbbell press. Beat the sap out of a poor banana stump. QM. Some vaults [landings felt a bit off], variety of pulls, hit the pool even tho it was FOUL - tried to keep head out of the water as much as possible.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #418 on: July 10, 2010, 10:38:00 AM »
FRI: Totally shredded that tree.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #419 on: September 03, 2013, 12:53:33 AM »
LINK to tests

MN TESTING
[2009: April: +12.1, May: +28.65, June: +35.5, July: +44.65, Aug: +29.9, Sep: +39.9, Oct: +34.25, Nov +25.71, Dec +34.2],
[2010: Jan +33.4, Feb +11.25, Mar +30.7, Apr +16.5 [inj], May +30.0, June +26.95]

AUG 2013 TESTS: +19.06

100: :15.35 +.66                500: 1:52.5 -1.3           1500: 7:01.8 -2
High: 39" +2                       High+: 43" +.9              Long: 7'8" +3.4
Long+: 11'1" -.4                 Pulls: 9 +3                     Lift: 5 +2.5
Throw: 27'3" + 22'8" +4     Swim: 2:00 +5               Dive :23 +1.3

Pulls score from La Code de la Force p 63

It's been >3 years since I did the MN tests. I've been landscaping for the last few months, few workouts. The results are better than I expected. I don't plan to post much in this log, probably only the monthly test results.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 08:08:48 PM by Gregg HIPK »