Author Topic: btay - tastes like parkour (HIpk)  (Read 76820 times)

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
Re: btay - tastes like parkour (HIpk)
« Reply #360 on: November 25, 2009, 06:09:11 PM »
Yeah, it wasn't that big. It was burning melting plastic, so we had to use the fire extinguisher. Tried covering it, but it was still getting air. Thanks to my conditioning and adrenaline, I ripped the entire mounting bracket of the extinguisher out of the wall.

There was extinguisher dust ALL over the kitchen. It got in the cupboards, all over the oven, floor, walls, appliances... so cleaning that took 6 hours + before we could move on to the next thing...

The commercial fans we were using to dry the carpet sucked in a lot of the smoke and soot, and blew it over our nice clean light colored carpet. So I had to take the fans apart and clean the soot out. Then we got to clean the carpets all over again, and finish up cleaning everything else, too. What fun!

I was so bummed about missing the hike with Brian guys in Iao. I've only trained with other people like 10 times in 2 years, and I was sick or injured a couple of those times, so couldn't do much. I'd been looking forward to this for MONTHS. Oh well... maybe next time.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #361 on: November 28, 2009, 11:04:34 AM »
WE 25 Lunch: Balance walk while eating noodles. Slightly botched gap. Landed off balance and had to jump off the wall into the ground cover.
- Nothing at KC, because I promised I wouldn't get all hot and sweaty.
- A few vaults at WM. A few vaults at SW, plus a cat and climb up to a girder and 5 pulls. Geri was "aren't you supposed to do a back flip now?" She's been watching a bunch of FR videos at night after I go to sleep. She forwarded my vids to her 81 year old father. He said I should do more of them.

TH 26 A "real" PK run from SW to HI and back. It was a little over 500m each way. Dress clothes, dress shoes. Not too many obstacles - and I broke flow a couple times. Going: Cart return rack - I lazied the first bar ok, but didn't immediately vault the second. Coming back: 6' wall - had to dodge a sprinkler head and bush to hit the wall. Timing was off, and I had to try again.
- After supper, we went for a long slow walk. We stopped at a playground and climbed around on the jungle gym.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #362 on: November 28, 2009, 02:10:03 PM »
FR 27 TESTING [April: +12.1, May: +28.65, June: +35.5, July: +44.65, Aug: +29.9, Sep: +39.9, Oct: +34.25]

Here's the LINK to the tests...

NOV TESTS:

100 :15.55 +0.45                  500   1:50.8 -1.1              1500  6:40 -1.3
High 41"  +2.8                       High+ 46" +1.7                Long 98" +4.9 
Long+ 145" +.36                   Rope  3.5m -3                 Lift 7 [5.56] +2.75
Throw 29'3" + 24'2" +5.35      Swim 1:35 +10               Dive  :38 +2.8

+25.71

I wasn't planning to do the tests, but I realized I might not have time SA or SU. MO is usually a bad day for me.
What went right? A couple minor improvements over last month: runs, swims... but overall
SUCKY BABY  :'(

It's not even as good as MAY! That means, effectively NO PROGRESSION in 6 months. I wasn't sick. My back was a little sore, but shouldn't have had that big an effect.

1: Throws. I was ok with R arm, a bit weak with L. Managed to directly hit the tape measure with one throw. So now there's a nice little kink in it.
2: The high jumps are the most time consuming and exhausting. I started at 42". My mind balked - wouldn't even let me jump it. So I backed it down and failed, backed it down and failed, backed it down and failed. Finally I got a clear at 38", then a clear at 39", then a clear at 40", cleared the 2nd time at 41", and my big butt kept touching the line at 42" so 3 fails.
3: The running highs were about the same - fail, back down, fail, back down, cleared 45", tangled at 46" but didn't totally fall down [unlike last month, when I totally bailed and Mark laughed at me]. Cleared 46", 3 fails at 47" because my butt hit the line.

4: 100 m. First one was best. Tried to think of lifting at ham. Worked ok, but no huge speed gain.
5: Long jump. A little short.
6: Running long. I could NOT believe how bad it was. 2nd worst I've ever done.

7: 500 m. Feeling tired about 1/2 way through.
8: 1500 m. Went from toe heel to heel toe running after about 200 m. Plodding at the end.
This is when I looked at the time and saw I might be running late for guitar practice.
9: Lifting. I was just exhausted. Just couldn't gut it out. Again, 2nd worst I've ever done.

Slow walk to KCC to do the pool portion.
10: Dive. I was happy with it, considering how the rest of the day had gone.
11: 100 m swim. Felt strong at the start, but by 75 m I was struggling. Ok final time.
Half hour late for guitar practice. Not MY fault. "Oh it's Friday? Do we have practice today? [calls friends, takes shower, calls other friends] Oh, we DO have practice."

12: Rope climb. [Iao school, after guitar practice] - Again... no power. After, I walked over to the lovely rails at Iao school, and I had NO desire to jump them. I had NO desire to jump the stage at KC. I just sat on a bench and doodled part of a stupid comic about a guy whose cat won't eat the canned food. It was so boring I fell asleep.  ;D

Now my r heel, knees, hams, low back, shoulders are sore. My attitude goes between "Ok, I need to change my training" to "Waaaaah".  ;D Still have sense of humor... but still... I wish I had done better.

One thing: This is the first time I've done ALL the tests in the same day. Last month I did all but the rope climb. Sept I did all but the rope climb, swim and dive. Before that, I was spreading the tests out over a week.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #363 on: December 02, 2009, 12:30:05 PM »
SA 28: In rain while doing errands @ SW: 4 vaults, 5 pulls, precision, foot placement. No tread = slick.
SU 29: Long walk - barefoot S on beach. This is a "bad" beach - lots of coral, coarse sand, rocks. A lot of foot placement, some sprinting, a couple vaults, some rock hopping. Barefoot: Jogged up road, walked gravel path. Feet sore, so I put slippers on for last mile.

MO 30: MN: Barefoot jog, standing and running long jumps [was hitting 90", and 145-150" - so 10% less than normal]
  Walking/ balancing on highly textured rock. Lifted a log x10 [It was gross, so I was holding it away from me - hurt back]
  Quite a few rail vaults, a few monkey ups, wall ups, QM and cat crawls at NOAA. [Went easy, due to back.]
  Rock climbing on walls and support pillars. [Barefoot. Goal was to get around pillars, move up, down, and around on walls.]
  My forearms were trashed after this, so I jog-walked home. Very happy with this workout.

TU Dec 1: Bathroom 6:30 am. Almost stepped on a 4-5" centipede. Trapped it. Killed it.
- Biked to work, and home. My boss was playing football in street with his son - handed me ball as I went past, and I lateraled it to his son.
- PizzaMan: A couple rail vaults, but it was a floppy bag and lot of tree roots, so not much fun.
- "Antidote" routine [but missed one exercise]
- SW at 12:30 am while running errands. Vaults and pulls on the cart return rack.

Shae asked me about my diet. "Pizza and leftovers" is the short answer. I don't recommend it. It's $aving so I can pay bills.
  He also asked what MN exercises I do... Walk, run [jogs and sprints], jump [long, high, vaults, precisions], climbing, swim [and underwater] -- I don't like to shadowbox, so I either pick a spot on the wall, or attack plants. I don't do enough lifting, carrying, throwing, catching... I'll change that when my back heals.

NaturalNinja asked what % of his effort should be put where?

Percentages: From Hebert's MN tests:
  Running 25%, Jumping 33%, Swimming 17%,
  Climbing, Lifting, Throwing 8% each

Workout: Hebert has a model workout plan - select 1 or more exercise from each group:

1 - walking, posture, flexibility - warm up
2 - arm & leg exercises, lifting, throwing, defense
3 - suspensions, supports, climbing, balancing, QM
4 - hopping, speed runs, short endurance runs
5 - core exercises - easy torso stretches - as a rest from the runs
6 - jumping & vaulting, speed runs, swimming, games
7 - breathing exercises, walking - cool down

To "modernize" it: Look at how CrossFit designs workouts, and try to build from there. Hope that answers your questions...

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #364 on: December 10, 2009, 04:02:08 PM »
WE 2: SuperJoints

TH 3: MN and lifting:
  Walk/ joint mobilize. Walk/ carry: 70# was too much for 1 hand today. Tree climb, QM - got a little dirty. Oops. Wall-ups and up/ into vegetation dumpster. Beat up a poor defenseless banana tree log that was in there. Jog/ balance. Precisions and Alaska class 3-4 climbing at front waterfall.
  Those were pants I needed clean for PizzaMan. I changed into some old shredded jeans, and threw my good clothes in the wash. Since I was next to the gym, I decided to lift weights. I felt bored/ oppressed the whole time. Started low weights...

Chest 5x45, 3x65, 5x85, 5x105, 5x, 5x
Press 5x50, 5x70, 1x90, 5x70, 5x
Curl 5x50, 5x70, 1x90, 5x70, 5x
Ext 5x50, 5x70, 2x90, 5x70, 5x
Row 5x50, 3x70, 3x90, 5x110, 5x130, 5x, 5x
Lat 5x50, 5x90, 5x130, 5x170, 5x210, 4x, 5x

Finished off with a series of holding breath underwater for 30-35 sec, partial ROM pistols, breathing and "air bath".

FR 4: "Old man" and "Watermelon" Tai Chi with participants.
-- Plenty vaults at KC

SA 5: Barefoot walk - throw rocks at 1 m target 20 m away = embarrassingly bad. Tried to balance on chain. RACED home - was 20 minutes late for practice and got in trouble. Had to sit and wait for 3 1/2 hours for our scene anyways...

SU 6: Rail and flow practice at KC between playing guitar 2nd and 3rd service.
-- Uninspired MN: Walk to Koa, BF run to NOAA & couple vaults. Lift sandbagx10. Running long jumps 120-140" bleh. Ran. Lift/ carry rock. Too heavy for throw. Dark. Some rail vaults. Try rock climb but so dark. Walk, rock hop/ balance.

MO 7: [nothing recorded]

TU 8: Bike work/ home. Adam kicked the ball badly before I got there, so no hand-off this week.
-- Arm and shoulder mobility - R shoulder is popping [not good] and sore.

WE 9: HUGE lunch. Transcribing badly hand-written forms. Decided to reward myself with short exercise between forms as a way to stay awake. Dips, push-ups, vaulting... it varied each time. Botched a precision, and later botched a running precision [while carrying a bag of stuff]. L knee and R ankle twisted and sore.

TH 10 Biked to work. Knee was ok up stairs but a little sore down. More exercise as a reward for finishing forms. Explosive incline push-ups, 1 hand push-ups [not many], overhead press with 30# power amp x10, etc. Got all the forms DONE!!!

I HAVE TO TAKE VACATION FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR!!!
Ok. It's only for 1 of my 2 or 3 jobs... Maybe this year we can have more fun, tho...

Aside: I was looking at Salvato/ Low/ Ford/ Marshall article on Chris/Steve's site. Training standards for athletes. It was interesting. A lot of gymnastics and lifting. I expected that from Chris and Steve. I am probably a solid LEVEL 2 [INTERMEDIATE] on their scale. I'm not sure on some of the gymnastics/ lifting stuff. I tried the planche progression, and it just really hurt my shoulders [car accident?]. Still, for a 46 year old guy who sits behind a desk most of the day...

--- --- ---
TH 10: Had to dup dvds. Decided to wait in the weight room.

Chest 3x70 3x90 3x110 5x120 5x 5x
Press 4x50 4x70 5x75 5x 4x
Curl 5x50 3x70 5x80 5x 4x
Ext 3x50 3x70 5x80 5x 5x
Row 3x50 3x90 3x130 5x140 5x 5x
Lat 3x50 3x90 3x130 3x170 3x210 3x220 4x215 3x215

After work I did some foot placement on flagstones - trying to increase speed without hitting cracks. Also tried some little rock problems [barefoot]. Concentrating on getting my toes where I wanted them, mostly easy hand holds. I wasn't doing all that well. Gave up. Did a little more foot placement. Didn't feel like swimming.

I weigh 157 today - 28 pounds less than I did this time last year, 3 pounds more than when I graduated from college.

Big dinner. Read Berretta's post in Ozzi's thread... 10 pull-ups. Oog.
Bouncing around. Accidentally clicked on it again. Another 10 pull-ups. Not SO bad... time to bike home tho...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 10:34:51 PM by Gregg »

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #365 on: December 31, 2009, 01:55:33 AM »
MN TESTING [April: +12.1, May: +28.65, June: +35.5, July: +44.65, Aug: +29.9, Sep: +39.9, Oct: +34.25, Nov +25.71]

DEC TESTS:

100 :14.92 +1.2                   500 1:41.46 -0.2              1500  6:15 -0.5
High 42"  +3.4                       High+ 50" +2.7                Long 100" +5.8 
Long+ 144" +0.1                   Rope  4.5m -0.5               Lift 10 [7.95] +4
Throw 28'11" + 23'9" +5         Swim 1:34 +10.2               Dive  :45 +3.5

+34.2

So better than last month, despite being sick. I'm happy with that. Not sure, but that may be my fastest 100m run. I was horking after the 500m tho. The stuff I usually score bad at [distance runs, running long, and rope climb] are STILL my low scores. Sigh. Oh well. Try for 5% improvement next month. [+37.6]

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #366 on: January 29, 2010, 04:54:02 PM »

Goal 1: Get a complete Methode Naturelle-inspired workout: Walk, run, jump, climb, qm, balance, lift, carry, throw, catch, defense, and swim.

Constraint 1: I am at work, in dress clothes, and don’t know if I will have time for a regular work out. 7:30 am to 9 pm… it’s going to be a long, busy day.

Goal 2: Stay clean and dry.

Constraint 2: I have a formal dinner I need to operate/ attend at 6 pm. I did not bring spare dress clothes. I do have board shorts, a t-shirt, a tie and spare dress shoes in my “office”.

Goal 3: Try to do everything [plus film cool video] without getting fired.

Constraint 3: Co-workers, my boss, the international director, people from the home office, and donors are wandering around, getting ready for the formal dinner.

Proposed solution: Combine MN + GTG [Grease the Groove]: Do little bursts of exercise spread out over a longer time.

WALK: Walking is a great exercise. Do it briskly. Carry a clipboard or a file, or some paper. This is camouflage “I am busy, doing something important.” I prefer having a prioritized “to do” list. I do the things I need to get done, and cross them off. If I’m stopped, I can show exactly what I’ve done, what I need to do, and my plan for getting them done.

The international director came up to me while I was setting up camera for the carry sequence. He was adding a PowerPoint presentation to his speech, and asked me to set it up/ get it running/ project it during his speech. I wrote it high on my list, and got to it pretty quickly.

My boss walked past while I was filming and walking to do commando pull-ups on a door frame. I was carrying a clipboard, and walking with purpose. We nodded at each other, and kept going.

Total: I don’t know. Not that far.

RUN: This is harder to do in an office environment. Your best bet is to run UP stairs. It’s easier to stop if someone opens a door. Again, it helps to carry a clipboard.
Total: 16-18 flights of stairs both up and down.

JUMP: Vaulting is not recommended, tho it’s more fun. Find some place where you can do tuck jump squats or jumping alternate lunges. Sigh. Ugh. Fortunately for me, there’s a handicap ramp close by. Score!
Total: 5 vaults

CLIMB: This includes the suspension exercises, like pull-ups. Pull-ups are your best bet: rip off a quick 5 on a stair landing, door frame [make sure the molding is FIRMLY attached] or get creative [scrap conduit pipe between 2 equipment racks].
Total: 5 + 5 + 5 = 15

QM: This includes the support exercises, like push-ups. I prefer to crawl around, but that’s not an option today. So we’ll go for some of the explosive ones, the hand equivalent of the tuck jump squats or jumping alternate lunges.
Total: 5 explosive + 5 alternate

BALANCE: Moving balance runs are a bit chancy. Static balancing draws a lot less attention, and is a good way to catch your breath. You can also do static balancing in your office – just stand on one foot.
Total: 3 x 25’ balance runs on edge of planter + static balancing

LIFT: There’s plenty to lift in an office environment. Today I’ll use a 52# box of copier paper for my overhead press.
Total: 3 x 5

CARRY: A challenge today… Lift and carry 2 boxes of copier paper [104#], through 4 doors, up and down a flight of stairs.

THROW/ CATCH: It’s hard to do in an office environment. I typically will just toss something light, non-breakable and non-bouncy from hand to hand while I’m at my desk. Markers, batteries… a beanbag would work very well. I forgot to film any of this.  :(

DEFENSE: This one is embarrassing. You can get hurt or potentially hurt someone, too. Still, for the sake of completeness… I have a “target” from a piece of climbing rope. It’s not as boring as shadow boxing. At least you get to hit SOMETHING.

SWIMMING: This typically doesn’t work well. I would skip or postpone it.

Good for me: I got my work done ahead of schedule. I was able to punch out for a while before supper, and film the video not on work time. Bad: Because I was going directly from one set of exercise to the next, and it was muggy... I was a mess.

http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid252.photobucket.com/albums/hh29/glamse/swim1.flv

A little rinse, throw everything in the dryer… I was back with time to spare. Unfortunately, my socks and underwear were not dry. I ironed the underwear. That took out most of the moisture.

Also bad: It looks REALLY lame on video. In my defense, it’s SUPPOSED to. You’re working out, but trying to look like you’re not. So that’s why pictures instead of a long video.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 05:29:25 PM by Gregg »

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #367 on: February 01, 2010, 03:59:36 PM »
MN TESTING [April: +12.1, May: +28.65, June: +35.5, July: +44.65, Aug: +29.9, Sep: +39.9, Oct: +34.25, Nov +25.71, Dec +34.2]

JAN TESTS:

100 :15.33 +.7                   500 1:42.24 -0.2              1500  6:29.69 -1
High 41"  +2.8                       High+ 49" +2.4                Long 8'6" +5.8 
Long+ 145" +0.4                   Rope  ----------               Lift 7 [4.1] +2 [used 52# box of copy paper]
Throw 31'8" + 24'8" +6.8         Swim 1:35 +10               Dive  :40 +3

+33.4

Someone threw out my bar+weights, so I had to use a box of copier paper for my lifting. Bulky, and it was my last test... form on the 8th was sucking... Also, can't get to a rope easily. I need one big enough around that I can hold it. So I'll skip it for now...

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #368 on: February 05, 2010, 10:00:20 PM »
Another long, boring day at work -- 11 hours so far. Biked to work, home and back at lunch. [I had taken car keys and needed to drop them off]. Duplicating and labeling DVDs, so have a couple minutes between to do something more interesting.

So far:
Morning: Finished "Genesis" in Spanish. 65 books to go.

Walk - not sure how far.
Run - stairs, 20 flights up and down
Jump - vaulted handicap ramp a few times and several tables,
Climb - a few pulls. It's not feeling good today.
QM - very low crawl under chairs
Balance - Moving on planter wall and static on rock, crawl on exercise ball for distance [best was about 15']
Lift - 10 x 70# curls, 10 x 70# extensions, 2x5 x 70# overhead press
Carry - A plate of unappetizing food 100m or so. A half-eaten plate of cold unappetizing food... 100 m back.
Throw/ Catch - 100x cricket bat.
Defense - 40x jabs [each side], 40x back-fists, 40x hammer fists, [R only]
Swim - not going to today...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 11:06:00 PM by Gregg »

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #369 on: February 20, 2010, 01:32:19 PM »
Thanks to M2 for selecting the MN+GTG workout as the #3 winner. Yay free t-shirts!

WE 17: Trained with Michael a little at KCC. Felt old and stupid after, and as soon as I started thinking/ talking to myself that way, I fell and scraped up my left knee.
  In evening I ran out to the Hole and did a little jumping around.

TH 18: Trained with Michael and Spencer from Vancouver at Kalama Park. We started at the playground and the trees. Moved to the skate park. Drunk and his friends started challenging us to "do something sick." If I had been training by myself, I would have laughed, done what I came there to do, and left. We ended up being performing monkeys.
  S did a standing backflip. M did a kong over a railing gapping a fence to a very bad landing area - cut his shoulder on rock/ coral when he rolled. They wanted me to do vault a railing to a decently big drop on a small landing. That's why I was up on that level - I'd seen the jump and it looked fun, tho bigger than I usually do. No room to roll, but I'm used to that. Nailed it and moved on to smaller and safer things.
  I wrote up a whole thing in the Hotspots> Maui> Kihei > Kalama thread. Will anyone ever read it? Probably not.

I don't understand or like anti-local/ anti-haole prejudice. That's all I'm going to say about it.

I was wary of the drunk. His friends were sitting around at quite a distance, and weren't as much a threat.
My attitude is "I'm going to go to that skate park MORE." I like some of the obstacles there. I had fun. If I let them intimidate traceurs, we're going to miss out on a lot of possible good times.

I had to leave at 4 pm, but had a good time. My confidence level increased.

FR 19: Ran from KC to Pu'unene NAS. 4 miles - felt like more.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #370 on: February 22, 2010, 04:01:52 PM »
That should be 4 miles EACH WAY. All for one stinking little bunker sealed off at the other end. I'm wondering if they collapsed part of the bunker system - I've found vents closer to the highway, but no obvious entry points. All in all, a disappointing location. Underwhelming. I don't know what I was expecting after 55 years... racks of weapons? It's not even good enough to be a hot spot. Not spooky or isolated enough, and no close parking... biking there is bad enough. Running there was just not worth it. Also, wife was pulling out of KC - I just caught her!

Presidential Fitness Challenge has changed the way I train a little. PFC only records in 5 minute intervals, which is ok, but limiting for the MN+GTG training. 5 minutes of running stairs is doable, but pretty boring. Highly boring.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #371 on: February 26, 2010, 10:56:51 PM »
Biked 14 miles to Kahului. Did not jump off the parking garage onto the bridge. Sorry, Michael ;D
Took the bus back [perfect timing, and great use of $1.]

After sitting around, I thought I'd try Feb MN testing. My throws were lame [R:27'3" and L:23'6"] +4.25, my long jump was short [93"] +3.6, and my 500m was 1:53 -1.3. Right there is a drop of 6 points from last month.

Still got a couple days before the end of the month...

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #372 on: February 28, 2010, 06:38:56 PM »
MN TESTING [April: +12.1, May: +28.65, June: +35.5, July: +44.65, Aug: +29.9, Sep: +39.9, Oct: +34.25, Nov +25.71, Dec +34.2, Jan +33.4]

Tsunami yesterday = no sleep + evacuate house + panicky people + hours sitting on a high balcony at work watching the nothingness happen. Then going to other job. 14 hours work on 3 interrupted hours of sleep. Woo.

Last night I was trying some pk/ buildering and cut my fingers pretty good. I went back today to clean up blood stains. Leave no trace, eh?

Boot. Good sleep. Cold pizza...

So I tred monthly test again... and I never had so much trouble. It was sunny but misting, and very windy.

Throws weren't even as good as Friday. The wind kept blowing my high jump stuff around/ down. One second it'd be at 40", then a gust would pop it to 43", drop it to 36" and then knock the stupid thing down. My recording paper blew away while running 100m sprints. I gave up in disgust...

FEB TESTS: +7.95 [so far]

100 :15.6 +0.4                   500 1:52.97 -1.3              1500  -----
High -------                       High+ ---------                Long 7'11" +4.1 
Long+ 12' 4" +.5                 Rope  ----------               Lift -------
Throw 27' + 23'6" +4.25         Swim -----                     Dive  ------

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #373 on: March 03, 2010, 10:03:12 AM »
MN TESTING [April: +12.1, May: +28.65, June: +35.5, July: +44.65, Aug: +29.9, Sep: +39.9, Oct: +34.25, Nov +25.71, Dec +34.2, Jan +33.4]

FEB TESTS: +11.25 [so far]

100 :15.6 +0.4                   500 1:52.97 -1.3              1500  6:11.79 -0.4
High 38" +1.7                      High+ 48" +2                   Long 7'11" +4.1
Long+ 12' 4" +.5                 Rope  ----------               Lift -------
Throw 27' + 23'6" +4.25         Swim -----                     Dive  ------

The suck-fest continues. I don't get it.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #374 on: March 22, 2010, 04:14:47 PM »
Finished text walls for Ryan. I decided to only give a "tweet" of info for each question. Still took forever.

Despite achy body parts had fun yestre. Rock hop. Ball sprints. Beach run. L Rail vaults. Fat bikers know FR. Log lifts. Balance and precisions on logs. Tire throws [L aim = bad ;D]. Monkey and kong practice. Rope pull-ups. Sunset run on the beach. Splash, splash, splash! Vaults on coco palm, and hang around in banyan tree for relax.

In eve did "gorilla ballet" to make G laugh.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #375 on: March 29, 2010, 05:38:52 PM »
bike flat. ran to work this am. ugh.

ran to bank and back thru field. lots of burned kiawe, trash and rocks hidden in the grass. it was lots nastier than it looked. wall ups and a fence, too. very winded and stinky. biking does NOT keep me in shape.

my wrist still hurts. after a month of little use, it still hurts on vaults, etc. ... this is not good.

this week is testing week. See how it goes...

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #376 on: April 01, 2010, 01:44:27 PM »
MN TESTING [April: +12.1, May: +28.65, June: +35.5, July: +44.65, Aug: +29.9, Sep: +39.9, Oct: +34.25, Nov +25.71, Dec +34.2, Jan +33.4, Feb +11.25, ]

LINK to tests

MAR TESTS: +30.7

100 :15.71 +0.3                   500 1:44 -0.4                1500  6:13.46 -0.5
High 40" +2                         High+ 50" +2.7               Long 8'6" +7
Long+ 11'2" -0.4                 Rope  ----------               Lift 9.5 [5.6] = +2.8 [box of copier paper. Wrist STILL hurts]
Throw 29'5" + 23' +5           Swim 1:30 +11                Dive :22 +1.2

After last month's melt-down it was nice to see I hadn't gotten TOO far out of shape.
Let's see what this month brings. [Besides an email from somebody's mom asking Ozzi to come train her kids]

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #377 on: April 14, 2010, 04:20:22 PM »
Oh I'm training SOOO well.
And I'm recording it even better. :P

Today's challenge was walking around the perimeter wall at work while eating a cup of noodles. It's a wide wall, so the walk itself isn't that hard. It's the trees and noodles that upped the difficulty factor. The back side is all kiawe, and with the wind whipping around, it wasn't a lot of fun. My R arm looks like I was fighting kittens. Even the raised welts around some of the scratches.

I did ok front side, tho I had to do some QM [3M] to get around some trees. Small jumps were fine, and I had finished my noodles before I tried to jump the 5' gap where the side gate was.

From there it was easy going, never mind some more QM under very low hanging branches, and some very simple rock climbing along the front falls.

I've been taking Razor kick-scooter to work. Bike tire is FLAT. The hole is on the seam near the valve, and patches just aren't holding. Time for a new tube. This current one has like 8-10 patches on it.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #378 on: April 15, 2010, 04:53:58 PM »
WED 14: Set up some stuff at KC - scaffolding pipes for low level precisions, sawhorse, plus the usual flagpoles, stage pieces, skids, shipping containers...

Focus was on L speed vaults and the pipe precisions.

My ring got caught on shipping container as I was failing to pop up it. Didn't get hurt tho.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #379 on: April 22, 2010, 03:21:29 PM »
FRI 16: PM at KC, I think... yeah. I was late for practice [not my fault], so I just ran around jumping stuff. Completely ripped out the R knee of the jeans I was wearing. They were loose fit, too. Further trashed them by crawling thru 18" pipe.

MON 19: A little jumping around at Ho'okipa then walked up to Old Maui High with G. It was blocked off, but no problem for me. G was concerned about the "No Trespassing" signs posted all over the place, so we didn't explore very much.

Next time I want to go to the Hamakuapoko Sugar Mill ruins, too.

TUE 20: Fixed my bike [10 flats in back tire! Time to replace that tube. Put in tire liners, too.].

WED 21: Back tire flat again. I was so mad. Razored home.