Author Topic: Scared to roll on concrete  (Read 7233 times)

Offline bigninjapimp

• Hirundo Rustica
  • BNP
    • View Profile
Re: Scared to roll on concrete
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2007, 07:04:16 PM »
ever wonder why you have -20 karma? ;D

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2007, 08:29:02 PM »
Man, I have like -16, and I never say anything rude or obnoxious. I think it was all done by some crazy person who doesn't like my name ;p

Offline milffhater

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2007, 09:01:33 AM »
Actually I did roll on concrete, It hurt like hell, but jumping off the 5 foot power box made me roll. If I did it off of the first step of some stairs I would have never rolled. Now I know where the pain is and can fix it on grass.

The reason people say to start low isn't because you can't jump/roll of a higher object, it is because of the physiological fact that your knees and other joints are not used to taking that kind of impact.

Sure, you can jump off something 8 feet the first day, no problem.  The problem comes LATER after you've done it many times and you realize you have knee problems because they have taken so many impacts from 8 feet, without ever building up to it by taking many impacts at lower heights.

To oktraceur:  I never said anything about jumping off of a 8 foot drop many times. I would never do that. Fly High is dealing with fear not abiltity. He said he is afraid of rolling on concrete. His rolls could already be perfect he just needs to do them on concrete. So I think their is no problem with jumping off a 6 foot ledge one time just to have a forced roll. Nobody is going to roll off of a one foot drop. The six foot yeah everybody should roll. SO put yourself in a realist situation and just do the roll off of the six footer.

Hey im not trying to sound like a dick but if you guys think I am, just keep on givin me that negative karma.

Thanks fo listening.

Offline fr33runner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2007, 04:07:53 PM »
all im going say is. if ur afraid of rolling on concrete.

you are a pussyy

no pain no gain. it hurts for lik 10 seconds max if u screw up now go try it

Hey you dont have to be like that dude...We are a community here and this board would be pretty empty if people didnt ask questions so just because you think it may be cool to call people "pussyy" on here its not what this community is about and I suggest you leave if you think it is.
/Rant
-Fr33Runner

Offline deltron3030

• Patas
  • l2p
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2007, 10:15:08 PM »
ever wonder why you have -20 karma? ;D

nah karma is overrated. lol it was harsh. but geeze since when are u guys so damn sensitive. i mean ye i understand ur fear everyone gets it. personlly one way i get over my fears is when ppl call me chicken or a wuss and eventullay i just do it or face my fear. i kno most of u will agree with me. so why are u guys beening lik OMG UR MEAN!!! becuz seriosly the only advice to someone who is afraid is to suck it up and do it. be carefull but do it

Offline wacko_wasko

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 12:43:28 PM »
Ok, can you guyz tell me if I'm doing this right?  (Keep in mind, I am LEFT HANDED!) As I land, I'm in the crouch position and my right hand is maybe 8 inches from my right knee, and my left hand is way in front (so if I stayed in that position, my head would be 3 inches or so from my hand).  I then roll onto my right shoulder, and come up facing a little to my left when i come up.  (So if i started to the north, I would come up looking northwest)  Is this right?  Thanks.
Capoeira Mata Um
A Son Of Bimba Never Falls