Author Topic: Roof Tops and Woods - NEW ENERGY FreeRunning - (NE3)  (Read 5548 times)

Offline Jamie Crosby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
Re: Roof Tops and Woods - NEW ENERGY FreeRunning - (NE3)
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2007, 01:47:29 PM »
thank you steve lol

Offline Michael -PKFR

• Patas
  • Michael Hartwig
    • View Profile
    • PKFR International
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2007, 01:50:16 PM »
alright, tell me what I can improve on instead of saying what is bad.  Tell me to work on my side flips or my whatever instead of saying my flips are sloppy and my vaults have no flow
Michael Hartwig -PKFR International

Offline Jamie Crosby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2007, 01:55:37 PM »
ok, then let me rephrase what i said earlier......

work on improving the flow of your vaults, and the sloppiness of your flips

is that better?

and for future reference, if you actually respect the people and the rules of this forum, you might actually get some back

Offline Kurokaze

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2007, 04:23:18 PM »
alright, tell me what I can improve on instead of saying what is bad.  Tell me to work on my side flips or my whatever instead of saying my flips are sloppy and my vaults have no flow

If a person thinks all of the flips were sloppy, then they can indeed make a general statement that all of them were. Now maybe he didn't have time to post specific criticism like "ok now lift your arms slightly higher and tuck .5674738 seconds sooner", he just made a general statement to work on your flips.

A person is entitled to make whatever criticism they want as long as it is not said in a negative manner. Words like sloppy, and the term "no flow" do not make it negative, it is simply his view of the your video. If you are not understanding of his criticism then make a post like "i don't really understand what you mean, could you explain?", there is simply no need to lash out.

In like a lion out like a lamb. . . world class.

Offline AN D

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2007, 05:28:13 PM »
They have been giving you criticism the whole time. You've just chosen to ignore it. If you are not ready to hear anything other than "YOUR AMAZING" than you need to not post videos in these forums and go think bout if you are really into parkour because of its REAL philosophies (self improvement/ALWAYS striving to get better and better, etc.) or to just get some attention and look cool. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE try to show a little more respect to others around here. The irony of you trying to call out Leon is almost too obscene for me to handle but I will not say anything.....  As for my CONSTRUCTIVE criticism , even if you have been doing this for almost a a year, SLOW DOWN. Unless you want to not be able to walk around in the future you need to stop doing big stuff. It may look cool and be impressive to some people, but I can tell you right now your fellow traceurs/traceurses are MUCH more impressed with fluidity and mastery of the basics that big showy sutff. I am extremely happy for you that you have fallen in love with parkour   like the rest of us, but just make sure you are keeping the philosophies in mind along with all the rest that comes with it :)            *POSITIVE COMMENT*~~~~3:31 - 3:35 was AWESOME! All before I will be honest and say that I thought you guys hadn't done much training and were fairly new to the discipline BUT that part shut me up- THAT was flow and THATS the kind of stuff (at least I) am really impressed with. Keep up the hard work up and best of luck to you guys  :D

Offline randompkguy

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2007, 06:20:16 PM »
wow.....just go do some parkour instead of arguing about your technique.... and I mean all of you (no offence to anyone)....lol, don't bother to post criticisms to people who won't listen, and DON'T POST A VIDEO IF YOU AREN'T WILLING TO HANDLE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. :P

Offline Andy Keller

• Oh baby baby.
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Lancaster, PA
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2007, 06:24:17 PM »
That challenge to Leon made my day! Haha. I pretty much fell out of my chair. ;D

Well, that didn't really add to the discussion. Sorry.

Anyway, NE3FreeRunning, just chill a bit. Everyone, I mean EVERYONE, that posted here is trying to help you.

Have a nice day. ;)
"Do it, do it well, do it well and fast."

Offline Aaron Burns

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Non-Competitive
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2007, 07:01:16 PM »
You guys all need to stop worring about us and start on your own game plan. We take time to do all these tricks. We dont put it in our videos if its not clean. But thanks for caring and i really mean it.

New Energy 
Aaron Burns
This way of movement is my life, Today is the day you start

Offline Michael -PKFR

• Patas
  • Michael Hartwig
    • View Profile
    • PKFR International
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2007, 07:27:57 PM »
We dont do parkour, me and aaron are both free runners.

Offline Andy Keller

• Oh baby baby.
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Lancaster, PA
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2007, 07:31:53 PM »
But thanks for caring and i really mean it.

Your welcome man. And it was very good for how long you've been practicing. I'm more of a traceur, so you both are way better freerunners than me. ;)

Congrats on a good vid.
"Do it, do it well, do it well and fast."

Offline Kurokaze

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Non-Competitive
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2007, 08:19:49 PM »
You guys all need to stop worring about us and start on your own game plan. We take time to do all these tricks. We dont put it in our videos if its not clean. But thanks for caring and i really mean it.

New Energy 
Aaron Burns

Listen, no one is "worrying" about you guys, and if it sounds like that, then you are mistaken in your interpertation of our words. We are giving constructive criticism, which is not a negative thing. Also, what you necessarily think is clean, or has excellent flow and form may not always be true. I mean, im going out on a limb, but i think belle, Forrest, and Vigroux(sp?) have some of the best flow i've seen, and you're no where near their level, so its definetly acceptable to say you have room for improvement in that department.

Also, be more open to advice, some of these people have been doing it longer, and while i don't know you personally, i am going to say know more about Parkour and the limits of the human physiology.

We dont do parkour, me and aaron are both free runners.

That is completely irrelevant, we aren't giving criticism that is geared more towards one than the other.

Honestly, if you don't want to read more posts with constructive criticism, then I strongly suggest you post them on youtube, and refrain from posting them here. There is ALWAYS room for improvement, even Belle doesn't believe he his that great at parkour, and is CONSTANTLY working to push his boundaries and develop his skills as a Traceur(or rather THE traceur).
In like a lion out like a lamb. . . world class.

Offline bigninjapimp

• Hirundo Rustica
  • BNP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2007, 09:41:24 PM »
haha, how can you say you are freerunners when you obviously dont understand the spirit and philosophy, or even what freerunning is?
Learn some humblness and learn to listen. We are trying to help you improve by telling you what to work on, if we were trying to put you down the comments would be like "OMG YOU GUYZ TEH SUCKS AT FREERUN!"

If you think you are perfect already, you will never improve past your current point.

"The people who see us on TV, Like David or the yamakasi, or even me sometimes. They are thinking that we are on the top level and we are very strong. We are not, I know David and some of the yamakasi, and each person is on his way and is still walking and not satisfied with their level. They are still walking on. And with this sprirt they get higher and higher because they do not realise how good they really are."
Stephane Vigroux

Offline Jamie Crosby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2007, 09:58:20 PM »
yeah last i checked the only reason you would post a video on this forum is for our advise and friendly criticism as to what you could do better.

And now look at this, i think a teenager wants to kill me haha

you have to show respect to get respect

Offline Jamie Crosby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2007, 10:21:48 PM »
and awesome, a little bit of criticism and i get -3 karma at once, i love the maturity level of some of these people

Offline Mike "Pyro" Araujo

• Mangabey
  • Pyro4pk
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2007, 12:17:00 AM »
The video wasn't that bad i have no major criticisms about it.

How do you talk crap and put me and my team member down when you dont have a video to show you are better?  Ya, i know watch the jump, but i am smart enough and have enough experience to not get hurt.  I am confident before i do anything.   Ya, one more month and it will be one year of training for me and my team member.  Lets see your video and how good you are, for saying all my flips are sloppy.  Are you scared of big jump or drops?  how long you been free running for?

You say you have enough experience to not get hurt but i have to say 1 year is no where near enough experience to not get hurt. There is always a risk of getting hurt. You ask "Are you scared of big jumps or drops?" and i'm wondering if you think that by doing big drops that it makes you good? because it doesn't, not at all.

Your flips aren't bad but when someone who is most likely more epxerienced that you says that you should work on them that i would take thier advice and not argue with them. To you, your flips might be awesome, but to someone with a better eye they might be rubbish.

I think you should take a step back and as BNP said learn some humblness

Offline Paul Leon Mederos

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Simple Knowledge - Leon's Tumblr Blog
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2007, 06:20:32 AM »
Chill out man. I was giving you CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I didn't know you were attempting a corkscrew sideflip, but if thats the case you should tuck because with your legs open it looks very floppy and uncontrolled. The problem with backflips in a 'run' video is that they disrupt the flow. Running up to a ledge and then backflipping off just looks funky. Now if you had said this was a sampler, a collection of skills, I wouldn't have minded.

Basically it boils down to the fact that all these things you'll learn from experience and I'm just handing you a little bit of experience to help you guys out.

And no, you don't need to take advice from me. I'm just some noob who's done parcours and freejumping fer leik 2 months lolz. But i kno i am teh best n stuff cuse like my daddy tol me!@#1
When we move, we move as one.

Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

Offline Michael -PKFR

• Patas
  • Michael Hartwig
    • View Profile
    • PKFR International
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2007, 07:16:44 AM »
Chill out man. I was giving you CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I didn't know you were attempting a corkscrew sideflip, but if thats the case you should tuck because with your legs open it looks very floppy and uncontrolled. The problem with backflips in a 'run' video is that they disrupt the flow. Running up to a ledge and then backflipping off just looks funky. Now if you had said this was a sampler, a collection of skills, I wouldn't have minded.

Basically it boils down to the fact that all these things you'll learn from experience and I'm just handing you a little bit of experience to help you guys out.

And no, you don't need to take advice from me. I'm just some noob who's done parcours and freejumping fer leik 2 months lolz. But i kno i am teh best n stuff cuse like my daddy tol me!@#1

Ya, I get it all.  Thanks for all the help everyone.  Just by reading everything that everyone said, makes me want to go out and train.  I know I have a lot of room for improvement. 

Offline Aaron Burns

• Guenons
    • View Profile
All of you
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2007, 09:30:35 AM »
I would first like to say, The greatest haters will love us make vodoo dolls of us keep sticking them pins in us. I would like too see a video of everyone on this that would be sweet.
This way of movement is my life, Today is the day you start

Offline Sat Santokh

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Don't think with your balls, think with your brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2007, 09:56:55 AM »
That is all I could hope for from this thread is that we are not trying to put you down but simply trying to show you that there are people here with more experience who are trying to help you.  I like the response that it makes you want to go train.

Offline Jamie Crosby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2007, 10:22:10 AM »
yeah, just remember......criticism is always better and more constructive than us just saying yeah you suck dick, just go ahead and quit freerunning. Nobody ever said you were terrible, just trying to look out for you and help you advance in your skills.