Author Topic: Roof Tops and Woods - NEW ENERGY FreeRunning - (NE3)  (Read 5550 times)

Offline Michael -PKFR

• Patas
  • Michael Hartwig
    • View Profile
    • PKFR International
Roof Tops and Woods - NEW ENERGY FreeRunning - (NE3)
« on: June 05, 2007, 06:58:22 PM »
NE3 FreeRunning - http://youtube.com/watch?v=3hu0mBLK0zM

Good Video.  Tell me what you think

Michael Hartwig - Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/94818976
Michael Hartwig -PKFR International

Offline Kurokaze

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Roof Tops and Woods - NEW ENERGY FreeRunning - (NE3)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 09:09:45 PM »
really nice video guys, but be careful on those big jumps, you looked like you knew what you were doing, but make sure your level of fitness is up to par with the skills you are performing or else you'll end up in a world of pain a few years down the road.

but i liked the video alot, especially the little bit of Nature PK/FR at the end of the video.
In like a lion out like a lamb. . . world class.

Offline Nick Mavis

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 09:12:27 PM »
Awesome video. Yeah the nature part was definitely my favorite and you have a few really big jumps I enjoyed.
"Life is movement. Move to dream"

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 10:15:22 PM »
Stop spamming the forum with your video and myspace links.

Offline Michael -PKFR

• Patas
  • Michael Hartwig
    • View Profile
    • PKFR International
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 03:57:54 PM »
its under videos so what are you talking about

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 04:40:46 PM »
its under videos so what are you talking about

You made 3 posts with nearly the exact same content all across the boards... here and in the Wisconsin forum. Don't post the same thing multiple times everywhere.
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 08:52:55 PM »
Actually he made about 6 or 8. I deleted most of them.

Offline Wuze

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 10:00:21 PM »
That video was pretty damn good. Those jumps looked a little too big for ur skill level though watch it!

Offline Michael -PKFR

• Patas
  • Michael Hartwig
    • View Profile
    • PKFR International
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 05:45:32 PM »
Our skill level is obviously good enough to do them jumps because we did the perfect.  How do you say we are not good enough to do something that we just did in the video?  It doesnt make sense

Offline Paul Leon Mederos

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Simple Knowledge - Leon's Tumblr Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 10:38:51 PM »
The jumps weren't perfect sorry to say. Your flips looked sloppy, especially the sideflip thingy. I suggest working on ground level to perfect the technique (Do a standing front flip, then a standing sideflip.) Compare yourselves with more experienced tricksters aka Joe Eigo and see how clean his are compared to yours. The comment about not being good enough refers to the fact that you guys didn't look clean + confident, and your landings seemed a little forced. It's easy to tell if you've watched enough. How long have you been free running for? Looks like less then a year  ;)

I was actually quite surprised by your rolls they looked very nice and smooth. /clap

And don't you EVER say you have something down perfect. It can't be true.
When we move, we move as one.

Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

Offline Jamie Crosby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 11:13:24 PM »
im agreeing with Leon on this one

you guys even said on youtube that you have only been doing it for 6 months so there is always room for improvement. I know you have probably heard it a million times but ill join in with everyone else and tell you to watch your jumps, nobody wants to see you getting hurt.

There were some solid parts of the video and it shows through your dedication and training,

BUT

your flips do indeed look very sloppy, and alot of your vaults could use alot of improvement. When someone on here is trying to look out for you by suggesting to be more careful, that does not that does not mean to bite their head off. Your vaults are slow, forced, and have little flow. They are just things to work on. For only practicing for 6 months you guys are pretty damn good, but it all comes with time.

Offline Kurokaze

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2007, 09:07:58 AM »
Just remember guys, i mentioned fitness level for a reason, i believe is was Belle who recommended that anyone who wants to do parkour without a big risk of injury should go through 2 years of intensive full body conditioning before they start.

There is simply no need to practice these big jumps early on, even David Belle working his way up for MANY years till he was doing the roof jumps that we have become so familiar with.

I personally have resolved myself not to do any huge drops, or roof jumps until I am in excellent shape, and have been practicing parkour for more than a few years. (right now im just past 1)
In like a lion out like a lamb. . . world class.

Offline buysplendidpie

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 10:16:38 AM »
hey really good guys but it felt like some of the flips just ruined the flow a few times, everyones already commented on the big drops and I agree maybe you should lay off of them a little but thats your decision, you guys handle them better then I can, but I also would like to say the sequence from 2:15 to about 2:20 really stuck out in my head for some reason, thought it was really cool. Anyways good luck guys and stay safe!

Offline Michael -PKFR

• Patas
  • Michael Hartwig
    • View Profile
    • PKFR International
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 10:36:20 AM »
All the flips we did, were into a full blown sprint or we landed them clean.  We didnt put our hands down on any flip and all of the rolls after the flips were clean.  And dont tell me I dont have flow and my vaults are sloppy.  Watch some of our earlier videos and tell me we dont have flow. 

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d4jUcn00zB0 - our 3rd movie out

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OmWttZzCMrY - our 2nd movie out

None of our vault of flips are sloppy otherwise we wouldnt put them in a video

Offline Michael -PKFR

• Patas
  • Michael Hartwig
    • View Profile
    • PKFR International
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2007, 10:53:43 AM »
The jumps weren't perfect sorry to say. Your flips looked sloppy, especially the sideflip thingy. I suggest working on ground level to perfect the technique (Do a standing front flip, then a standing sideflip.) Compare yourselves with more experienced tricksters aka Joe Eigo and see how clean his are compared to yours. The comment about not being good enough refers to the fact that you guys didn't look clean + confident, and your landings seemed a little forced. It's easy to tell if you've watched enough. How long have you been free running for? Looks like less then a year  ;)

I was actually quite surprised by your rolls they looked very nice and smooth. /clap

And don't you EVER say you have something down perfect. It can't be true.

How do you talk crap and put me and my team member down when you dont have a video to show you are better?  Ya, i know watch the jump, but i am smart enough and have enough experience to not get hurt.  I am confident before i do anything.   Ya, one more month and it will be one year of training for me and my team member.  Lets see your video and how good you are, for saying all my flips are sloppy.  Are you scared of big jump or drops?  how long you been free running for?

Offline Jamie Crosby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2007, 12:35:25 PM »
your flips are sloppy and how exactly were we putting you down? we are helping you out by telling you what you could improve on?

but one thing i really will put you down on is how unbelievably childish you are acting. Its like you are trying to challenge leon to a competition to see who is better. In my eyes its extremly pathetic to see you drop to that level. Who cares if anyone has a video or not? who are you trying to impress with your "mad skills" ? spend more time to reach new achievements through self motivation and self satisfaction, not to post your little videos 90 thousand times all over the site so you can fish for compliments through other traceurs, and then when you dont hear what you want, you lash out and try to make it a competition for everyone else to show off their skills.

This maturity will hopefully come with age, HOPEFULLY, so grow up

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2007, 12:37:58 PM »
LOL, he just insulted Leon on his skill!!

Offline Jamie Crosby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2007, 12:47:26 PM »
and yes your vaults and flips are very sloppy.

just because you land on your feet does not mean that its a good flip. If your arms and legs are flailing around and you have no tuck whatso ever, that makes it a sloppy flip. And everyime you pause before a vault, that takes away all the flow. I am not saying that you guys arent good for your skill level, im saying dont sit here and try to act like you are the best by any means, because trust me, you guys have ALOT of work to do.

Offline Michael -PKFR

• Patas
  • Michael Hartwig
    • View Profile
    • PKFR International
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2007, 01:21:55 PM »
Immature, ya right.  I aint challanging nobody.  You say my style is sloppy and shit, I wanna see why you think that.  If i do a fat arched backflip and dont tuck, it is sloppy?  If i do a fat front flip like daniel, it is sloppy?  Landing a corkscrew side flip into a full blown sprint is sloppy?  There is no hesitation in any of our videos.  We do our stuff fast and clean.  I know i aint the best but there is no need for the critisism.  I dont put people down when they are looking for support.  Nobody is perfect, but i know our shit aint weak.  You all are trying to say it is

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2007, 01:38:59 PM »
Uh, I thought the point of putting up vids was FOR constructive criticism so people can get others opinions on how to improve their abilities. If you just wanted people to support you and be in awe of your ability you should've just posted on myspace or whatever other blogs where people are amazed at all that stuff. Since we're all traceurs here, we help each other by giving advice (not "busting" on each other like you think we are..) to improve. I mean, if you think it's perfect already it's probably not a good idea to post it on a forum for Parkour/Freerunning since we are going to criticize it (to try to help you out). If you look at all of the threads in this forum you'll see that most of the posts are criticizing people on what they could do better.