Author Topic: Tell us about yourself  (Read 23311 times)

Offline Sarah A.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us about yourself
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2009, 06:20:04 PM »
Name's Sarah.

I'm 13, going into 8th grade. Learned about Parkour from Assassin's Creed. Thought it was cool how Altair (the character you play as) moved, so I went to the ubisoft boards and found out it was called Parkour. Eventually they linked me here, so hurray for that!

I live on the west side of Atlanta. Probably won't go to any jams any time soon or anything like that. Parents don't know that I'm doing Parkour yet, but I'm to nervous to tell them. I'll get to that eventually...

So yeah. I haven't been doing Parkour for very long. Less then a month. I can kind of do a roll and basic vaults, but not a whole lot. See you guys around.

Woot! Another traceuse! Welcome aboard :) It's a shame we live on opposite sides (I live bout an hour east of Atl) but I hope to meet you and train together one of these days! Until then, keep training :)

School starts soon, so their won't be anything stopping me from practicing a whole lot. School lets out a 3:30 (Really 2:40, but from 2:40 to 3:30 there is this thing called "Backwork" where you can do your homework, talk to your teachers, or go outside). Parents work late, so they don't really pick me up till around 5:30-6:00. So that's a good two hours to 2 hours and 30 min a day! Pretty good ;)

Offline Saki Krys

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2009, 06:43:17 PM »
Name's Sarah.

I'm 13, going into 8th grade. Learned about Parkour from Assassin's Creed. Thought it was cool how Altair (the character you play as) moved, so I went to the ubisoft boards and found out it was called Parkour. Eventually they linked me here, so hurray for that!

I live on the west side of Atlanta. Probably won't go to any jams any time soon or anything like that. Parents don't know that I'm doing Parkour yet, but I'm to nervous to tell them. I'll get to that eventually...

So yeah. I haven't been doing Parkour for very long. Less then a month. I can kind of do a roll and basic vaults, but not a whole lot. See you guys around.

Woot! Another traceuse! Welcome aboard :) It's a shame we live on opposite sides (I live bout an hour east of Atl) but I hope to meet you and train together one of these days! Until then, keep training :)

School starts soon, so their won't be anything stopping me from practicing a whole lot. School lets out a 3:30 (Really 2:40, but from 2:40 to 3:30 there is this thing called "Backwork" where you can do your homework, talk to your teachers, or go outside). Parents work late, so they don't really pick me up till around 5:30-6:00. So that's a good two hours to 2 hours and 30 min a day! Pretty good ;)

That's cool you've got parkour as like an after school activity! lol

Offline Sarah A.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2009, 06:49:44 PM »
Name's Sarah.

That's cool you've got parkour as like an after school activity! lol

Yeah XD Our school is amazing for Parkour. When I get in school I'll post some pictures of the "hot spots".

Hopefully, if I can get enough people interested, we can start a Parkour club. Clubs at our school are easy to start. You just have to get a teacher to sponsor it, let the principal approve it, and make the kids wanting to do it sign a form that says "I wont blame the school if I accidently fall and split my head open". Not like that is ever going to happen though XD

Offline J Kyle Smith

• Mangabey
  • The pakour scientist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2010, 10:31:01 PM »
I'm Kyle!

I'm an Eagle Scout, and a somewhat avid backpacker (somewhat because I don't live in a mountainous region, but I go backpacking with my dad or troop when ever there's a planned trip, been on every troop back packing trip since I joined).

Parkour wise I discovered it as "free running" in middle school, wanted to get into it, but I never knew where to start so my original interest died. Then last spring break, of my junior year of high school, a friend discovered APK, which I discovered that parkour and free running were closely related. I did some beginners practicing that time period throughout early summer, then gave up thinking it wasn't right for me (or so I thought). Then suddenly about a week or two before thanks giving I just had this strange urge to go onto APK (I have no idea why I the thought even crossed my mind, still remains a mystery yet a blessing). Ever since then I have been practicing parkour.

Now about 4 or 5 months in I have advanced in parkour, not the best traceur and I'm a slow at progressing mostly due to my lack of any other physically demanding activity (track in 8th grade, was pretty much the last time I worked out this hard). An other problem I have is over coming fear. But the good news is that each week I get more and more determined and each week my mental and physical states both improve. Now I'm on a steady workout routine that I believe should get my body on par with most of the traceurs on this forum.

Parkour has become a life style for me now, I now eat healthier and think better. Now I actually feel like my goals in life are actually reachable. And I know if I stay in parkour I can take that path that's meant for me.

So pretty much parkour changed my life :)

edit: Well this is embarrassing, I didn't realize this thread was in the Georgia forums. I'm from Texas. Sorry about that confusion... haha

Offline Justus

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Go Hard or Go Home!
    • View Profile
    • Urban Defense Myspace Page
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2010, 02:07:03 PM »
Hey APK,

Im 26 now and I've moved around a lot but I spent the majority of my time in Ohio. I was first introduced and became interested in parkour b4 I even know it was parkour (jackie chan movies; I still think he had a part in starting this whole parkour thing, but that's a whole other convo. lol) Been in martial arts since I was a kid and tumbling on the streets since then.

Fast Forward...

I've been stationed @ Fort Gordon in Augusta, GA but I've been deployed. I just got back and am looking for some ppl to help me get back into training. I love meeting new ppl (especially ppl that havce the same interests that can help me grow). So if there's any1 out here in the Augusta area shoot me a holla.

Also, if any1 knows of a gym I can train at, please let me know. It's "hard" trying to train in everything w/o mats. lol

In other words, Im down too if any1 wants to meet up.

Offline canman44

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2010, 10:18:44 AM »
Well, I have a pretty damn close story to Urbandefense's.  I'm not new to the forum by any means, but I'm new to GA and have spent most of my time in Ohio. Anyways, I live in the ATL and about a block away from the GT campus, which is a gold mine. Just went on Wed and am nothing but impressed with its potential.  Great looking campus too. Any traceurs who want to join up with me send me a message. I've been out of practice for too long (dislocated shoulder) and definitely need to get my flow and creativity back.  I work about 60 hrs a week so I'd only be available after about 6:30 or 7, and weekends. I don't know what the winters are like down here (I'm used to Ohio weather) but I'd like to get some serious practice in before winter hits.

Offline Mr. Curly

• Hirundo Rustica
  • bumping into new motion in an urban enviroment
    • View Profile
    • Facebook: Apk Marietta Parkour Group
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2010, 05:47:21 PM »
hello everybody i'm mark or mark-o or my tumbling instructor name is mr. curly.
i live in Marietta i'm going to pope high school
i'm 18 and i got in to parkour by seeing a david belle video on youtube when i was about 13 but was not really serous about it until 16 when i uploaded my first video, right now i have a cast on my leg from a cheer leading accident
and to the chicken question my answer i don't care i like parkour   

Goals for Training:
-Land a Frontflip Outside again √
-Kong a table over seats √
-Kong a Picnic Table Longways
-Make a decent sampler/video
-Find new places to train
-Land a Sideflip Outside √

Offline Seth

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2010, 07:14:57 PM »
Hey guys.  I'm Seth, but I will also randomly answer to Dominic.  Don't ask why... haha.

I'm going to mix up the questions a bit and say the chicken.  Straight up yo, the chicken.

I've been doing crazy parkour things since I was old enough to run, but I've only just recently gotten serious about it. 

I'm based in Milledgeville and Baldwin County, though I don't live in Milledgeville. 

Gimme a holla if you're in Central Georgia!

Oh, by the way, if anyone is going to be at the West Point admissions meeting in Augusta tomorrow starting at 7pm, keep a look out for me!  I'll either be wearing a white uniform with gray pants, or a red collared shirt with black pants, or a ... oh whatever.  Blonde hair, 5 foot 9, probably wearing Aviators...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 07:17:51 PM by Seth L »

Offline Gavin Barnes

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2010, 03:09:35 PM »
Why is it that no one lives near me except my friends i train with?
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”-Bruce Lee

Offline FOXBOI

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2016, 08:53:44 AM »
Sup guys, my name is Connor, but I have the nickname of FOXBOI (pronounced "fox boy") I'm a lvl 9 gymnast who does parkour all the time (in my free time which is limited b/c I have gym practice from 4:30 to 8:30 almost every day.) I came here to find people to talk to and maybe train with sometime or meet up somewhere. I live pretty much right next to Chastain golf course so if anyone's near me or wants to chat email me @ chinkes0801@me.com :P hopefully see some of you around! :D