Author Topic: What Are PK views  (Read 2766 times)

Offline littleboy PK

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
What Are PK views
« on: May 31, 2007, 03:51:13 PM »
When i was editing my profil i came across somthing called parkour views it consised of pursuit
purish
down the middle
dont care
progressive and freestyle
what are these i kinda need to know  :P

Offline applesauce1289

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: What Are PK views
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 04:19:01 PM »
The first one is purist.  That means you are most likely anti competition and you are striclty a traceur and you probably don't practice any freerunning or tricking.  Freerunning and tricking would be more "freestyle."  It's kinda hard to explain.  That's the best I can come up with off the top of my head.  And I may still be wrong.  I'll let someone else try to explain it.  Sorry.

Offline littleboy PK

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 04:28:41 PM »
thanks what are your views?

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • middle-aged man in mom's basement eating Fritos
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 05:39:46 PM »
I personally am "purish," although I am not anti-competition. Please note that this is NOT the same thing as being pro-competition. :) But that is for another thread. I consider myself purish because while I enjoy watching freerunners, philosophically it isn't something I can get behind (for me). I am interested more in seeing how I can push my body, how I can choose the most efficient route, and how my movements can be most useful. Just how I'm wired, I guess, but those are the aspects of the PK/FR continuum that appeal most to me.
She followed slowly, taking a long time,
as though there were some obstacle in the way;
and yet: as though, once it was overcome,
she would be beyond all walking, and would fly.
--excerpt from Going Blind, Rainer Maria Rilke

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline Unique

• Mangabey
  • D'Ondrai Jones
    • View Profile
    • youtube
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 05:04:58 AM »
I don't really care, I consider myself a traceur tho I still practice freerunning from time to time.
- ā€œDon't wait for life to beat you. Move life to your own beat.ā€ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqXiSaVGnLI

Offline littleboy PK

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 11:24:31 AM »
You see i have been thinking what if someone came out with a PK clothes line (soes,pants,etcc) would this person be shunned and would it be selling out to the mass media? what is the morasl and ethics that would make him sell out or be accepted???? if you understand that please respond it is a topic i debate with my freinds alot

Offline applesauce1289

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 07:55:57 PM »
I would say I train some parkour and I train some freerunning, but I don't DO parkour (if that makes any sense).  I don't really have "views."  As for someone making money on a clothing line, I don't see anything wrong with that.  If traceurs and freerunners buy the stuff, they are supporting that person.  I would buy the stuff if it's good, and I think a lot of other traceurs would too.  I say more power to 'em!

Offline Matthew Lee Willis

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 04:35:29 AM »
Doesnt it say their views on the website somewhere.  M2 has always talked about American Parkour being a portal for all activities to come and share their stories and possibilities.
Parkour:Phone Calls
Free Running::Text Messaging