Author Topic: How About Some "American 'Geezer' Parkour" Tee Shirts?  (Read 4888 times)

Offline RhayneD

• Guenons
    • View Profile
How About Some "American 'Geezer' Parkour" Tee Shirts?
« on: May 26, 2007, 12:16:04 AM »
This thought hit me while scrolling through this topic...

How about we "geezers" get together and create our own "crew." We can call it; "American 'Geezer' Parkour," with tee shirts and the lot! LOL. Then we can just point to the shirt, hand anyone taking the piss about it a flyer explaining PK and run on about our business!

*giggle* Just a thought

Rhayne
"Definition is not the grand path. It is understanding that is the true destination." -RGM.
"Forget blood. Parkour runs through MY veins." -RGM

Offline dwellens

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: How About Some "American 'Geezer' Parkour" Tee Shirts?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 11:41:45 AM »
It's actually hard for me to imagine a late 20-something referring to herself as a "geezer".  I'm 55, and we have an AARP (not the American Association of Retired Persons), but the ADVANCED ADULT RECREATION PROGRAM basketball league at our church, and you have to show ID and be at least 50 or you are not allowed on the court.  Not ONE of us even thinks of himself as being a "geezer".

Also being a member of the surfing community, one of the more popular tee shirts worn is "Old Guys Rule".   As far as I'm concerned, you have to EARN that tee shirt--just being old doesn't cut it.

At 55, I never think of myself as a "geezer"--just "advanced".  I hang around a lot of young kids in the water and on the courts, and NONE of them would ever refer to me as a "geezer" (at least to my face).
I'm afraid I would not be a customer for any "geezer PK" tee shirt.  You are only as old as you think--so stop thinking that way. . .especially while you are still in your 20's!

With love,
David Wellens
Be careful & have fun.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 10:04:43 AM »
My father in law's 79, but he doesn't think of himself as a geezer.

Offline RhayneD

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 02:03:20 PM »
I think I hit a chord here. I was just kidding around everyone. I just noticed that I when looking for people to jam with, I'm the oldest one there. Just some dry humor lol.

My apologies if I offended anyone.  :-[
"Definition is not the grand path. It is understanding that is the true destination." -RGM.
"Forget blood. Parkour runs through MY veins." -RGM

Offline dwellens

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 07:48:24 AM »
No offense taken.  It's always a matter of relativity--from where you stand and view the world.  If everybody you hang around is younger than you, one might tend to think of oneself as the "elder"--and that's not a bad thing at all.  With the misguided "culture of youth" society in which we live, we tend to throw aside the maturity and wisdom of our "elders"--and that can be ANYBODY older than us--however old WE are.  The best-case scenario is to insert yourself whenever possible into a "younger" setting so that you can add a much-needed perspective that those younger than you simply do not have.  The more inter-generational mixing that occurs the better off everybody is--as long as the setting is positive of course.  (One would want to avoid like the plague any downward spirals.)

Anyway, think of yourself as the more "mature" member of your tribe--not the "old" one.
Be careful & have fun.

Offline Jason Todrick

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Freerunner Mag
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 01:31:15 PM »
I may be the 'Eldest' but I'm certainly not the most mature... and I think I like it that way :)
Formerly: Jason@FiveTen

Not all who wander are lost...

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 02:20:16 PM »
Rhayne, you just got schooled ;p............