Author Topic: Welcome to the WOD forum  (Read 19080 times)

Gearsighted

Welcome to the WOD forum
« on: December 23, 2005, 06:15:44 AM »
I figured I'd clean the forum up, as we're no longer using this for the WOD comments. This forum will be for the discussion of the Workout of the Day concept, as well as questions and suggestions about the WOD in general, or on one workout specifically.

Offline Asa Liebmann

• New Jersey
  • Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • NYParkour
Re: Welcome to the WOD forum
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 09:22:00 PM »
Awesome.

Will you ever put in weighted exercises, or do you think that only bodyweight training will be used?

Gearsighted

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 06:13:45 AM »
If you want weighted exercises, check out www.crossfit.com . That is what I would be using if I WERE to use weighted exercises. Otherwise, I'm operating on two assumptions:

1.) most of the people I train with regularly don't have access to gym equipment
2.) many others don't have enough time to make it to the gym every day

if you combine this with the fact that a properly designed bodyweight program can garner most of the same beneifts of a weight program, you begin to see why it will be all bodyweight skills. I've also found that the less excuses you have for skipping the workout, the better, and if we're operating with minimum equipment, that eliminates many, if not all of the excuses I commonly hear :D

I will be attending the Crossfit certification seminar in February, though, so I believe wholeheartedly in their method. If you ever have any questions about how to incorporate weightlifiting into a practical and functional workout for Parkour, don't hesitate to shoot me a line.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 06:15:22 AM by gear »

Offline Asa Liebmann

• New Jersey
  • Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • NYParkour
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 07:53:32 AM »
Nice, yeah, I am a member of the crossfit forum, and I see your wallspinny ass all over the place.

Did you do the wod today? Ah, my arms!

Gearsighted

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2005, 09:52:09 AM »
Haha, I'm saving that for this evening AFTER some Parkour, as I wouldn't be able to use my arms at all for training if I did it first!

Luckily I just got my power rings the other day, so I can do it as Rx'd ;)

Offline Altimot

• Hirundo Rustica
  • its al (like the name) /tea/ mot (rhymes with not)
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 09:46:51 PM »
sweet, i definitely think i am going to do the WOD as much as i can now. I always do a little workout right before bed, that mostly consists of handstand pushups, sit ups, push ups, curls, lots a handstands, and a lttle bit o' break dancin' lol. but i really want to vary the things i do every night because it is getting kind of boring now.

psycosis12

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 04:55:17 AM »
[mov]http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g183/PsyKosis12/?action=view&current=RayLayout.flv[/mov]

Offline Johnny Boy

• Hirundo Rustica
  • DCPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 03:20:24 PM »
Why does that have to do with anything about WOD?
life is too short, so love the one you got
-Sublime

Offline beefptty

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 07:39:14 AM »
im sorta new so dont criticize can someone give me details on wat the WOD is or some type of url that would be helpful

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 03:44:34 PM »
Look for the link(s) on the main page. Should be in one of the drop down menus on the side. I'd get it for you but my internet is going soooooo slow so it would take me 5 minutes to navigate to the page.
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 06:45:35 PM »
Would it be possible to have links to the APK WOD archive? You already have this for the Primal Fitness WOD. 

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 12:44:05 PM »
Would it be possible to have links to the APK WOD archive? You already have this for the Primal Fitness WOD. 

Say what? Did you read the other sticky? :P

http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php?topic=7037.0

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 03:08:45 PM »
I read it, and caught the links to Primal Fitness, CrossFit, and the affiliates. I guess I skipped over the APK, or thought it was something different. Sorry. My bad. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Offline AF Stryker

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • A.K.A. Kevin McMahon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 10:50:08 AM »
sweet, i definitely think i am going to do the WOD as much as i can now. I always do a little workout right before bed, that mostly consists of handstand pushups, sit ups, push ups, curls, lots a handstands, and a lttle bit o' break dancin' lol. but i really want to vary the things i do every night because it is getting kind of boring now.

Also aqt crossfit.com there are many many people who have posted other equipment free workouts that are killer.  So if you are finding whats here to not be to your liking, or just want to try some new stuff, head over there.

NOTE: many of the crossfit exercises, "equipment free" or not, will require a pullup bar. So find a good tree, or get one to go in your door jam;-)

Offline Shawn Meilicke

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Parkour: my anti-drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 06:58:45 PM »
well, this thread is old... anyways... seeing as it says "suggestions for the wod" in here would this be the place to make workout suggestions? because i came up with a fun lil crossfit-esque workout tonight and it was amazing.

alternate between pull-ups and hanging leg raises until fail
do that many push-ups
that many squats

repeat

i went from my fail number down one each round. i couldnt finish, but it was AMAZING.

you can throw any other exercises you want in there but i figured these got the main muscle groups in

-hanging leg raise-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ysNevIv0w
if youre a beginner you can always bend your legs, and try to touch your knees to your elbows
"Though all the world may hate us, we are named.
The shadow overtake us, we are known
We're more than carbon and chemicals
Free will is ours and we can't let go
We are the image of the invisible"
-Thrice

1+1=10

Offline PopeGreygII

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 11:01:15 AM »
alright so i signed up for the WOD and i got the confirmation e-mail clicked the link and it said i was signed up so does it come as an e-mail or what? cause im getting nothing

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 05:27:45 AM »
alright so i signed up for the WOD and i got the confirmation e-mail clicked the link and it said i was signed up so does it come as an e-mail or what? cause im getting nothing

Message one of the admin in the general forum (not me, not chris, etc.) we aren't the main mods for this.

Offline Seventy Seven

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Vision Cubed
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 08:43:52 PM »
Anyone know why the WOD doesn't update daily? Its no big deal, the WOD is always extra ontop of whatever I'm doing for that day, but I'm always excited when I wake up and see a new WOD and quote for the day.
Live life an optimist, its more fun.
Parkour isn't just a physical activity, it's a lifestyle. Give yourself a goal and call it Point B. You are currently at Point A. Show your ability as a traceur to get from Point A to Point B as quickly and efficiently as possible!