Author Topic: worst/funniest falls or wipeouts  (Read 14125 times)

Offline Xetrlal

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: worst/funniest falls or wipeouts
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2007, 04:28:55 PM »
Well, I was camping this summer, and was out doing PK on the rocks (We where at Wrights Lake, near Lake Tahoe, about an hour or less from it) anyway, there was a lot of rocks, but rocks, 12-20 feet high, well I did a wall run up a 15-18 foot one, and only found one hand hold, so I was working on what I was going to do (I was about 12-13 feet up, and all of a sudden, my shoes lost all grip, and I fell down head first, almost broke my neck :P I was laughing so hard xD

Offline deltron3030

• Patas
  • l2p
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2007, 05:05:20 PM »
dude were do u live. i live hella close to tahao.

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2007, 05:06:26 PM »
And was that the Metra??  You from Chi-town?

Chi-town people :)

I lived there for five years, by California & Devon, over in Bucktown, and in Wicker Park. I get homesick for Chicago still, and I left there in 2001.

Offline Xetrlal

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2007, 05:56:12 PM »
dude were do u live. i live hella close to tahao.

Nah, I don't live close to there :P (I am assuming you are talking to me)
I was just up there for camping, I live near Merced, 45 minutes away (That is close in my standards)

Offline milffhater

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2007, 10:21:26 AM »
lazy vault over a chain linked fence, the ones with the links still sticking out. I wasn't feeling the vault but figure what the worst that can happen. I didn't get the worst but got a nice cut square on my butt cheeck.

the other day I konged a really little picnic table, miss the table with my hands, almost like a dive roll without the roll.

Nothing really bad though.

Offline Aperion89

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2007, 11:05:55 PM »
This is by the far the greatest Idea for a thread ever!!!
I have a ton of these.

1: Okay back during my first week of doing parkour Me and a friend of mine were practicing cat leaps and grabs on a picket fence at a local park so we each do turns jumping onto the fence and landing in a cat position on the fence grabing it by two of the picket boards so after practicing a few rounds my turn comes up again (by this time we had amassed a small audience of kids watching us) I go to jump and land with perfect form on the fence when all of a sudden I hear a noise CRACCCCCKKKK!!! right then time seems to freeze all I have time to do is look over to my friend and look back to the fence and my hands just then time resumes and the fence posts rip out of the fence supports and I fall backwards hitting the ground fence posts still in my hands
everone laughs.
the end

I'll probably have to post again to share the others and there are a bunch
for me the path to self-disipline is paved with me beating the hell outta myself.
"Please stand by"

Offline deltron3030

• Patas
  • l2p
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2007, 02:18:19 AM »
lol that sucks balllllsss. ye i live in granite bay??? thats sorta close. i kno merced tho
i would post a story but i havnt been able to freerun been busy with sports???

Offline Kasper

• Guenons
  • "I'd Hit That!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2007, 07:20:42 PM »
you guys have some bad ones. right now, the worst thats happened to me was i was on a set of stone stairs with a rail on the left side. on the left side of the rail at the bottom was a square wooden post. of course i checked it and it was sturdy so i ran a little down the stairs, speed vaulted, lifted my leg in a plans to kind of tick tack of the post, and i connected but slipped. i had been turing to land in the oppisite way i was running and face planted in the mud. my hand also smacked against a step and i got a good gash in it. not too bad though just lost a little skin.
(insert witty comment)

Offline Pricey

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2007, 03:11:23 AM »
A little while before I discovered parkour i was jumping from a little stool onto a rock wall (about a 5 1/2 foot gap) so anyways, I'd made it many times before. So i run up to it get a good take off i got the distance for the jump... but when i landed my left foot got wedged between to rocks kinda like \/ i fell to my right and tore a ligament in my ankle, doctors said if i were older i would have broken it :D

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2007, 10:56:35 AM »
I think the doctor was trying to scare you.

Offline Nick Mavis

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2007, 11:51:05 AM »
I got 2 of them pretty recent.

A little over a month ago I was at the gym and we just finished warming up and I went to do my first double kong. I did the double kong perfect landed and then tripped. Unfortunately my foot went completely backwards and I wasn't able to walk for a few days. It still hurts from time to time when I land on it weird.

And this actually happened on Friday, it was late around 12-1am and I was training with Kurokaze. We were tired and just doing precisions on these rails over and over again. Kurokaze falls and hits his shin which was pretty funny. So bad karma hits me about a minute later and I undershoot the rail a little, my toes slip off I nail my skin then come straight down on the rail. To add to that there was a ledge behind it and I got a pretty nasty scrape on my forearm.
"Life is movement. Move to dream"