Author Topic: worst/funniest falls or wipeouts  (Read 14121 times)

Offline deltron3030

• Patas
  • l2p
    • View Profile
worst/funniest falls or wipeouts
« on: May 27, 2007, 11:33:35 AM »
i thought it would be a fun idea to talk bout ur worst expericnce fallin seein some one fall. or see a fall that was funny. or post a video u saw on youtube.  ill start

1. so me and my friend were working on palm spins. i go up to do one. i get half way around one leg hits the ground the other gets stuck behind my hand i fall face first i do a studder step my legs twist and i land on face. my friend was laughing soo hard. and i was too.

2. my friend was trying to monky to a cat his feet clipped the bar he dropped lik4 feet landed flat on his belly and his face hit the wall/bar in front of him. it was sooo funny to watch. but he was freaked out by monkys after that. he was fine tho.

Offline applesauce1289

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: worst/funniest falls or wipeouts
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 11:53:19 AM »
Ouch... that's intense.  I don't have any to compare to that. 

I fell off a rail while walking down it.  I tried to catch myself, but ended up making it worse.  One leg wrapped around the rail and the other came down directly on it. Then my ribs nailed the rail.  It didn't hurt too bad, but it was right in front of the library and people were kind of looking at me and laughing, so it sucked. 

Another time I scraped the whole backside of my leg on a tree because I didn't fully commit.  I wussed out halfway through the wallspin, which is never good.

Offline Flippusmn

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Flippusmn??? ask me then!
    • View Profile
    • http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/OHParkour/
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 12:36:50 PM »
lol My knee. I think everyones seen up but... w/e. soo funny. XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmt03sWbmas

Heh that was a messed up year. enjoy.
Parkour can make you or break you, each of which I have experienced. ~Feel the Flow~ "Don't think with your balls, think with your brain." -Houston

Offline deltron3030

• Patas
  • l2p
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 01:14:01 PM »
another one is my friend was doing a precis jump to another pole. he missed landed flat on his ass. i laughed sooo hard.

Offline Flippusmn

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Flippusmn??? ask me then!
    • View Profile
    • http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/OHParkour/
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 01:47:57 PM »
another one is my friend was doing a precis jump to another pole. he missed landed flat on his ass. i laughed sooo hard.

lol I see people do that all the time, it's freaking hilarious. XD
Parkour can make you or break you, each of which I have experienced. ~Feel the Flow~ "Don't think with your balls, think with your brain." -Houston

Offline Jamie Crosby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 02:33:29 PM »
i was doing an underbar in a parking garage through a small opening in front of restaurants in my downtown area and miscalculated where my head was and had a nice little meeting with a concrete retainer head first. I bled like crazy for like 10 minutes straight. It was kinda embarrassing  hahaha

Offline Canavi

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 05:47:34 PM »
Legs = /\

Slack line = |

Diagram of incident = /|\

North Carolina Parkour/Free running
www.ncparkour.com

Offline deltron3030

• Patas
  • l2p
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 06:24:18 PM »
this is sooo funny.
i jumped a trash can raised my feet to high when igot over it i stomped my foot on the ground. hard lika power stomp. but i stomped wrong i stomped lik on the side of my foot and broke it. i felt lik an idiot... ppl made fun of me for EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

it ruined parkour for a lifetime. that is the number one reason why my parents dont let me do parkour.

and it wasnt my fault i broke it. i broke th year befor by breakdancin and was just a weakness i had... sooo gay. but yea u can get a laught out of it.

Offline Zachary Cohn

• APK Alliance
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I do cool stuff.
    • View Profile
    • ZacCohn.com
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 03:02:49 PM »
I was working on underbars in a park. We had no ducttape, so we were just taking turns holding our arms out as the lower barrier.

Lets just say my underbar is SO awesome, I managed to groin myself.... Arched my back just a taaaaad too far, and i kept moving forward and... well... yeah.

Ouch.

Offline houston

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 03:22:22 PM »
jumping up on to a planter wall my toe caught and i landed face first in a rose bush

my friend was driving me home we got to my house (he has a vw van) and said you gotta jump out cause im not stopping, well i was already late so i jumped on to my rough as hell driveway
trip and slid a yard on my stomach

Offline Matthew Menze

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 06:51:09 PM »
I once jumped to a shed with a cement roof, and landed on my shin...Had blood running from my knee to my ankle...and then dripping into my shoe. Not that it stopped me from finishing my run, lol.

I have a nice picture of it...But for some reason, it wont let me attach it...It says upload folder is full...Weird. I can email it, for anyone intrested, lol.

Matt
"With my feet upon the ground, I lose myself
 between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I'm reaching up and reaching out, I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. "

Offline Donotfeedthemax

• Patas
  • It's Max.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 07:10:52 PM »
   Back before we could do wall climbs well at all, we had a small two by four leaning on a tree as a ramp to kind of run up and make it to this board nailed higher between this tree and another tree that had maybe half a foot gap between them. As I found out later, it's a really smart idea to SECURE a ramp if your going to run up it. This ramp was not secure and it slipped sidways when I was halfway up.
   I missed the higher board nailed to the trees because of this, but that wasn't the problem. Fell down through the space between the two trees, which is considerably smaller then I am. It hurt scraping both sides of my chest between the trees, still wasn't the biggest problem. The ramp was at the bottom of the space between the trees, still sticking straight up somehow. THERE'S the problem. Went right down on top of it, hit it and fell face-first on top of a fallen log.
   As my sister elloquently put it, after my limping home through the woods, "Hey, Max, what happened to your face?"

Another time me and a friend were practicing percision jumps between these four or five logs that leaned over a creek at varying heights. Pretty easy, I easily made almost every jump, once or twice leaning to far forward landing, but catching myself and I was fine. To counter this slightly pesky occurance of overbalancing, the next time I jumped, I didn't lean forward as far when I landed. Unfortunately for me, the log I was jumping to was at a greater height, so I lost my balance, starting to fall back.
   This has happened before, not really all that rare, so I twist around and try to jump back to the log I started from. AGAIN, I don't quite make it and start to fall backwards. Christ, you'd think I would learn my lesson. But no. So I twist around and try to make it back to the other log. Why did I even try this? The other log is higher, I have about half as much momentum, how am I going to make this jump? I don't. Well, one of my legs does, the other one falls into the creek, and my arms and chest fall back towards the log I started from, slamming into it, pulling some muscle and taking most of the skin off my right elbow. I still have the scar.
  I manage to effectively wedge myself between the two logs, however, and don't get wet at all. That's great, because I hate being wet. Bet that doesn't count for much, because I'm still stuck between two logs. After laughing at me for a while, my friend pulled me out and onto the nearby bank of the creek.

That's the worst that's happened to me for as long as I've been practicing Parkour, I think, unless you count falling off that tree and THROUGH a few other small trees onto the ground. At least they stopped me from falling as fast, but I wasn't really practicing parkour right then, just being a jackass.

Offline Jamie Crosby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 06:08:36 AM »
haha another good one i just thought of, i was at the park paracticing my straight jump ups from the ground to a 4' fence that surrounds the park. I jumped up, but landed on he tips of my toes, and my toes slid off so i landed on the rail completely on my shins, went over the other edge, and fell 4' head first into the dirt. Needless to say i walked away with giant welts on my shins and cuts all up and down the sides of my face. BUT i did turn around and try it again 10 seconds later and nailed it.  :)

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 06:21:50 AM »
Legs = /\

Slack line = |

Diagram of incident = /|\

Hahaha, so painful. Mine is about the same, allow me to illustrate:

Legs with skates = / \
12 feet of air = ~
Metal railing = |

/ \
 ~
 |

In-line skating, hit a speed wobble, went off the side of a flybox instead of straight over it, came right down on a rail. Ouch.

Offline applesauce1289

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2007, 02:47:34 PM »

Legs with skates = / \
12 feet of air = ~
Metal railing = |

/ \
 ~
 |

In-line skating, hit a speed wobble, went off the side of a flybox instead of straight over it, came right down on a rail. Ouch.

How did you live to tell that story?

Offline Donotfeedthemax

• Patas
  • It's Max.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 03:30:14 PM »

Legs with skates = / \
12 feet of air = ~
Metal railing = |

/ \
 ~
 |

Haha. There's something to tell your children. If you can still have any...

Offline Jamie Crosby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 04:35:53 PM »
investing in a cup never sounded so promising!

Offline deltron3030

• Patas
  • l2p
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 05:59:12 PM »
haha another good one i just thought of, i was at the park paracticing my straight jump ups from the ground to a 4' fence that surrounds the park. I jumped up, but landed on he tips of my toes, and my toes slid off so i landed on the rail completely on my shins, went over the other edge, and fell 4' head first into the dirt. Needless to say i walked away with giant welts on my shins and cuts all up and down the sides of my face. BUT i did turn around and try it again 10 seconds later and nailed it.  :)
now thats spirit  :o

Offline deltron3030

• Patas
  • l2p
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 06:06:04 PM »

Offline Jamie Crosby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 06:45:52 PM »
see this is what gives us all a bad name. Stupid kids doing huge ass gaps and getting themselves hurt. and then when people ask how it happened......"oh yeah i was doing parkour" its just dumb. but i have to admit, its funny as hell to watch them hurt themselves like that.