Author Topic: Need help with my backflip  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Wolf14

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Need help with my backflip
« on: September 28, 2015, 05:08:23 PM »
So i learned to backflip last week and ive been doing it since. i went to school today and did a ton on the gym floor(hardwood). i went home later and tried it and i just keep landing on my hands and knees now. i dont know if its cause im tired or what.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with my backflip
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 06:03:53 PM »
Just make sure you throw yourself straight up and tuck at the right time. You might have done it wrong once or a few times and gotten some bad muscle memory. If you used to do it right, but this session you're messing it up, give the flip a small break and try again later, making sure you're remembering each part and when and how to do it. I recently messed up my cartwheel to aerial and now I have to fix it again, even though I've known the move for about a year. Don't worry, you'll get it back :)
Live Free, Run Free
Don't go beyond your boundaries, expand them.
Never stop playing.

Offline Redbeard The Pink

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Wizard of Staunton
    • View Profile
    • www.RedbeardThePink.com
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 01:03:02 PM »
If you just learned it, it's possible your body/brain are flaking on the skill a little bit. That's not uncommon with moves like that, since they're so unnatural for us to be doing in the first place. Sometimes it helps to give it a little break and come back to it later; just don't wait so long that you forget the move or become afraid of it. Just keep taking your time and analyzing your technique, and if you're still having trouble later you might want to get someone to watch what you're doing and help you out.

Tiredness could also definitely be an issue. Your muscles do have limits, after all, and doing a backflip takes some physical exertion to pull off. If you're sore tomorrow, rest for a day or two so your body can recover. If you go right back to the skill when your body is trying to tap out on it, you might really have trouble pulling it off and that can seriously mess with your head.

Offline PaceFreerun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 11:32:52 PM »
When i learned my backflip i would get it then lose it again because i would be landing low on my legs, i usually found that it was just fatigue or fear. If it was fatigue i would stop because then i would get bad muscle memory or if it was fear i would throw it off a sloped hill then take it back to ground and try over and over again till i could land it as well as i was doing it before, or better  ;D.