Parkour and Freerunning > Parkour

Are wall runs possible?if so, how do you do them?

(1/2) > >>

Arolzentai:
So I'm just wondering I'm new to parkour and I've just been inspired by mirrors edge (lol) and I've realized that people never really 'wall run' ...so im wondering is it possible? I can do so for 2 steps but is it possible to wall run for longer?

EthanHill:
well  :P, i guess you could but i really don't see a point to a horizontal wall run, you're not really gaining anything from it distance wise, as far as you could "run" you can jump. So all in all, just jump the gap.

SebastianCannon:
Yeah they are possible but not really necessary in most situations. Me and a friend practice them just so we know how to do it but I cannot think of an instance were I actually needed to do a horizontal wallrun.

Patparkour:
Yes they are possible, If you look at my youtube channel "Patparkour" and look for the video forever running you will see that I do a wall to wall run. It is quite useful for rooftop gap overs if there is a surface you are able to run on. You start off with 2 steps at first then progress on. I can do at least 6 steps. The trick is to gain the right amount of speed (not too fast) and approach the surface at a much more of a diagonal angle, you wall to go more of up and over and you will soon to have your wall run with some practice.

SebastianCannon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT2DIep-hD0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version