Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/apkadmin/public_html/smf/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Notice: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/apkadmin/public_html/smf/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Notice: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/apkadmin/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 2642

Notice: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/apkadmin/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 2642

Notice: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/apkadmin/public_html/smf/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

How coul I meet and train with David Belle?

Author Topic: How coul I meet and train with David Belle?  (Read 1884 times)

Offline marcidvd

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
How coul I meet and train with David Belle?
« on: April 10, 2015, 02:46:46 AM »
My dream is to train with the founder of pk,David Belle himself.Iheard that hundreds or more people travel to Lisses every year to meet him.Any way to contact him if I decide to have a trip to Lisses this year?Anyone who met him on here?How'd you do it?

Offline Inari

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: How coul I meet and train with David Belle?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 04:29:47 AM »
David is one of a group that refined what we know as Parkour. There is Yann Hnatura, Williams Belle, Chau Belle-Dinh, Sebastien Foucan, Guylain, Laurent Piemontesi, Malik Diouf, David Belle, and Charles Perrier. Recently many of the original traceurs have since gotten back together under the banner of TheMouvement. Others (e.g. Tim Shieff, Erica Madrid and others) were drafted in as an advisory board as well.

If you're looking to train with the original traceurs, look them up on Facebook on their athlete pages, and drop them a line. They run workshops, classes as well as just training themselves. Many of the original traceurs still live & train in Lisses, though others are scattered (Sebastien is in London, Laurent in Italy, Yann in Africa as far as I remember, etc)

Offline Jan-Su

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 04:53:14 AM »
Interesting that you'd want to meet with Belle that personally. In one of the conversations I happened to hear while at my last jam this past Sunday, 4/19, it's like Belle had gone MIA (missing-in-action) for a few/handful of years now, and so it might be very difficult to reach/find him. I don't know if he recently became a new father, or something else, but that sounds like it's getting a little too much into his personal life, so that's none of my business.

They also did say that Belle may have since turned to some acting as well, and has even appeared in a few parkour-related films.

Offline Lifeofparkour69

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 01:27:43 PM »
I thought that he died.......... Idk, I hope not.......