Parkour and Freerunning > Parkour

How to kong/monkey/cat pass something on an angle

(1/1)

jod6437:
Hello everybody,
I'm decent at kong vaults but I remember seeing this video and someone konged a vault that was sloping downwards. I've tried this, but I can only do it if it's sloping slightly. I tried doing it a bit further but I keep clipping one of my feet. Sorry if this is a bit vague. Anyway, something else I want to know is if it's be more effective to do a different vault instead, and if so, which one. If you have any questions, feel free to ask

jod6437:

--- Quote from: jod6437 on April 04, 2015, 10:29:19 PM ---Hello everybody,
I'm decent at kong vaults but I remember seeing this video and someone konged a vault that was sloping downwards. I've tried this, but I can only do it if it's sloping slightly. I tried doing it a bit further but I keep clipping one of my feet. Sorry if this is a bit vague. Anyway, something else I want to know is if it's be more effective to do a different vault instead, and if so, which one. If you have any questions, feel free to ask

--- End quote ---
I have no idea on how to upload a picture so I'll just post this website: http://www.oceangrovepark.org.au/funandfitnessequipment scroll down to the very bottom and you'll notice at the right hand corner of the mulch covered platform is a bar. That is exactly the one I'm have trouble vaulting

Dick Stapleton:
Ok I'm assuming you're clipping on the higher side of the slant rather than the lower side, ride?

If that's the case you're probably only getting your hips high enough to clear the lower side without realizing that you should be trying to make your whole body able to clear the height of the highest part you're touching. So essentially the answer is the same as any other kong, just get your hips up more and maybe take away from farther. It's just tricky because the angle is there and it's a rail so hand placement has to be precise.

jod6437:

--- Quote from: Dick Stapleton on April 05, 2015, 07:20:24 AM ---Ok I'm assuming you're clipping on the higher side of the slant rather than the lower side, ride?

If that's the case you're probably only getting your hips high enough to clear the lower side without realizing that you should be trying to make your whole body able to clear the height of the highest part you're touching. So essentially the answer is the same as any other kong, just get your hips up more and maybe take away from farther. It's just tricky because the angle is there and it's a rail so hand placement has to be precise.

--- End quote ---
Thanks! It really helps. When I go into it, should I actually go into an angle or just go straight?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version