Author Topic: veganism and cheaper vegan protein sources  (Read 1519 times)

Offline thekid240

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
veganism and cheaper vegan protein sources
« on: December 04, 2014, 06:32:02 AM »
I had gone vegan for a  month and during the time my  energy levels increased sharply increased ( even though I keep my grains low ), my allergies are almost gone, and I feel grateful. If there are any vegans or vegetarians do you have any  recommendations for sources of protein please recommended them.   so I'll cut back to a vegetation for now ( I eat fish, nuts ,seeds, beans, and lentles for my protein sources )
Look at my training log to learn about me.

Offline Alvendam

• Patas
  • If I could fly
    • View Profile
Re: veganism and cheaper vegan protein sources
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 08:22:27 AM »
I never understood why people would stop eating meat....
No fear, no pain
Nobody left to blame

My faith has grown
No fear of the unknown

Offline Russell Wilkie

• Global Moderator
  • Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 07:43:50 AM »
I never understood why people would stop eating meat....

There's a lot more benefits from not eating meat than eating meat. While meat is a good source of protein, there are plenty of not meat foods that provide a lot more protein for less fat. Plus not to mention these same non-meat foods is typically higher in vitamins and fiber. Tim Shieff, vegan traucer, does a commentary on the subject in his video here.

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 10:36:39 AM »
Except having less fat is not inherently more healthy. You need fat to perform several bodily functions. If you're not getting enough fat then eating less of it is a bad idea.

The fact is there's a huge controversy about what diet is best. It's still a highly developing topic. Different people have different dietary needs. There are great athletes who are vegan/vegetarian and there are great athletes who eat meat. There are healthy and unhealthy people on both sides as well.

Hell my diet is pretty much just chicken and chocolate milk and I feel incredible.

Offline Alvendam

• Patas
  • If I could fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 01:23:08 PM »
Different people have different dietary needs.

Yeah that's the thing. Still, some people stop eating meat without asking a doctor first. That's a really drastic diet change and shouldn't be made lightly. I personally prefer the taste of meat over some hypothetical health benefits. Well there are also the people that don't like the taste of meat, but I don't know any of those :D
No fear, no pain
Nobody left to blame

My faith has grown
No fear of the unknown

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 06:33:42 PM »
I wish I knew more about vegan foods to helpfully answer the question regardless.

Beans, nuts, and lentils are good to my knowledge. Try googling it, that will probably answer your questions.

Offline thekid240

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 06:58:51 AM »
Thanks you guys. Oh an can anyone get to my post  on  track and field training. It would be great if you could.
Look at my training log to learn about me.