Author Topic: Learning the corkscrew  (Read 2249 times)

Offline Timeforbacon

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Learning the corkscrew
« on: November 05, 2014, 12:58:10 PM »
I have a pretty decent j-step and btwist and now I want to learn the cork. I can go to a gym once a week, but I want to train my cork outside of the gym, so my choices are trampoline, grass and sand( and any other suggestions). So how would I go about doing this, I feel like I'll hurt myself doing it on grass so what are your guys' suggestions? Where did you learn it?

Offline SebastianCannon

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Libertas in Motus
    • View Profile
Re: Learning the corkscrew
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 01:36:58 PM »
my friend is about to learn the cork screw himself. The way he learns things is just by progression and watching jesse laflair videos.
$Eb@$+!@N C@nN0n-Team Leader of the Flomads

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 05:28:49 PM »
Can you do a back full? And do you have a cheat gainer or regular gainer out of the j step? If not I would recommend getting those down first. A cork is pretty much just a horizontal back full so learning that will help you a ton with the technique and mental aspect. The others will help with getting into the cork.

Offline Nick Smith

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Positively Inclined
    • View Profile
    • My Vids.
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 04:56:46 AM »
I find scoot corks to be much easier (personally) than j-step corks. The scoot helps with generating more power for me. It may be because I have a tricking background but I would highly suggest training them.
My Youtube Channel
check it out!