Author Topic: Left handed lazy vault  (Read 1869 times)

Offline jod6437

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Left handed lazy vault
« on: October 08, 2014, 12:49:24 AM »
Ok, so I can't do a right handed lazy vault easily enough, but I can barely do a left handed lazy vault. Some help, please?

Offline SebastianCannon

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Libertas in Motus
    • View Profile
Re: Left handed lazy vault
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 03:34:15 AM »
I think I asked the same question a while ago. I'm assuming that you are right handed so try some training with your left hand, eventually you'll become ambidextrous.
I started with throwing a ball with my right hand and then catching it with my left. I would count to 100, and if I missed a catch I would subtract 20 from the total. Eventually I began throwing and catching both with my left hand.

I also started trying to spin a pen in my left hand, and also I began writing in my left hand.

so in  conclusion this is what I did.

Throw a ball with right hand and catch with left hand.
If you miss do 20 more "repetitions"
Began doing the same just through and catch with left hand.
try to pick things up and spin pens in your left hand.
try to write with your left hand.

Once you feel comfortable with doing those things (feel free to try your own thing, this is just what is working for me)I would try to do some minor workouts with my left hand, then try to do some "easy" parkour and mainly try to use your left hand whenever you can.
Eventually you should be able to start vaulting, but once again this is what worked for me and may not for anyone else.
$Eb@$+!@N C@nN0n-Team Leader of the Flomads

Offline APK_Slash

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 03:26:54 PM »
good response^ .
my left hand is uncoordinated  im very right hand dominate for most things but i do all my one handed vaults with my left hand. maybe the way you run upto the obstacle and the way you jump has a little to do with how comfortable you are with using whichever hand.
Fearlessness is Limitless

Offline Alvendam

• Patas
  • If I could fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 09:53:05 PM »
I'm right handed. I can't write, eat or cut anything with my left hand. I can't even imagine doing speed vault with my right hand ??? I can do thief vault with my left had, but when I have to use my right, I can only lazy vault. Also I can do a reverse only with my right hand. And for some reason my jumping leg is my left one, but when I tried webster and J-step for the first time, I was taking off my right one. I feel natural that way, but am really confused why ???.
No fear, no pain
Nobody left to blame

My faith has grown
No fear of the unknown

Offline APK_Slash

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 03:49:41 PM »
its muscle memory. your body knows what leg/arm you need to use for maximum performance. i jump off my left leg because i played basketball since i was little so when i learned to do a right handed layup your taught to jump off your left leg and shoot with right hand. so now today at age 21 my left leg is my strong one. if you want to use different legs to take off with you just need to train and create new muscle memory. 
Fearlessness is Limitless