Author Topic: Listening to music  (Read 800 times)

Offline baconhawk

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Listening to music
« on: September 27, 2014, 07:52:14 PM »
So I'm about to start doing parkour and I'm trying to figure out a good way to listen to music. If I use my phone it'll have to be in my pocket and has a chance of getting damaged not to mention the chord for the headphones would get in my way. I've looked into bluetooth which would solve one problem but then I still don't know what to do about the uncomfortable phone in my pocket or getting hit by my phone through a bag. What do you guys usually do for music?
“Those who do not fear the sword they wield have no right to wield a sword at all.
~Shuhei Hisagi”

Offline gluurs

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Listening to music
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 07:12:21 PM »
i use a MP3 player that is small and lightweight. as for the headphones, i run them up my shirt.

Offline KevDru

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 02:11:15 AM »
For me, depends where I train, If I am going to be in a small area like a playground I bring a speaker and just play it. If I am running around a public park or something like that, then I use head phones and try to avoid to much rolling and stay low. Some of my track pants have zipper pockets which make it nice so I don't have to worry to much about my ipod falling out. I don't use my phone for that problem. Buy a cheap ipod on amazon/ebay/craigslist and just go from there :)

Offline Nick Smith

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Positively Inclined
    • View Profile
    • My Vids.
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 04:18:40 AM »
Get an iPod shuffle. It has never failed to disappoint me and i've training with it for 3 years and I have over 400 songs on it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 04:50:33 AM by Nick Smith »
My Youtube Channel
check it out!

Offline Misterbadaboon

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 06:24:34 AM »
I have a little iPod nano (the touch screen one) and run the headphone cable under my shirt. You could get an iPod shuffle for $50. I use auvio headphones from RadioShack since they stay in my ears well and sound good. Beware though, they are cheap. They break easily. But only cost $10.
Fear is just another obstacle.