Author Topic: The app that will help Parkour  (Read 9639 times)

Offline Michaeldax

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
The app that will help Parkour
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2014, 04:53:56 PM »
I would choose a manual most every day as well. I have had occasions when I prefered an automatic, but  mostly manuals. I dont think girls care anymore about it, though. Most girls just want it to look good to thier friends when you drop them off. They are petty that way, but what can you do. Cant live without them.

Offline Matthew

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: The app that will help Parkour
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2014, 07:31:08 PM »
Hahaha it's awesome that this showed up on the second page of this thread! I thought I'd lost track of the conversation and had to go back and read the earlier posts trying to make it make sense :D

Offline Gurkour

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2014, 12:03:32 AM »
Hey, this idea sounds great and I hope that we can do this!
What I do not like about the other apps is that they are not working for me. It can be because of my settings, but I always turn GPS on before I start.
In my opinion, the design could be ok and does not have to be perfect if it is working.
For the money, you can maybe use pages like Kickstarter? Only if there are enough people who would donate, I don't know how those sites work..
Because the problem of most working smaller sites or apps is that there are no spots marked in Germany, or if so only in Berlin and Hamburg, the biggest cities. To prevent that, The app should have as low costs as possible.. Another idea might be to contact sites with spot maps and ask if one could use them for this app, so the app would start with a lot of spots and not with nothing :)

I hope you understood my point, and I hope I can help :D
Jump
Fly
Repeat
My first POV Parkour run, chek it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR1ivtlySe4

Offline Kyleharbour

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2015, 06:46:20 PM »
Did this app end up getting made or is it still being worked on? sounds like a great idea. one thing i noticed was that the problem with making this app is a lack of money to support it. I think  a easy way to advertise the app and get money for it would be to make a kick-starter project for it. this could and would be shared globally by the park our community as this app would be very useful and many people would be interested in it.
Inspire Through Movement

Offline dangilbert

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2019, 03:23:40 AM »
If you are planning to develop a mobile app, then you're going to need a custom mobile development help from Headworks. I believe that they are the best in the business and can help you a lot with your mobile app. They will help you with building custom development for ecommerce from scratch. I hope that your app will be a great one and will bring you a lot of joy and happiness.

Offline angelagates29

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2019, 06:19:08 PM »
Wouldn't it be cool to have an app that would notify traceurs where other traceurs in the area were training. Not only would this allow small meetups with traceurs but non-traceurs or beginners on the app could follow the notification too and learn from the experienced. This app would be a great way to bring the parkour community together and also allow people that haven't experienced parkour yet to get their dose of it.

The things that I would love this app to have is:
1.National searching (for searching traceurs by region to state to city)
2.Social Media or Message Board
3.Friends (for private messaging buddies)

Idividual components of each:
-National searching: being able to search by region, then by state, and finally by city. Icons will show up on a map on people training in certain areas with addresses included. If a person clicks on this icon it will take the person to a map and make where the person is training, the destination for whoever is searching.
-Social Media or Message Board: This will be for traceurs to talk to other practitioners of the sport. Whether it's discussing tomorrows meetup, showing the fun you had at today's training, or organizing a jam, the social media component will be fun for all.
-Friends: If you wish to train with a couple of friends instead of random people or just talk to fellow traceurs that you know, then the friends component will help with that. Private message friends that you can add clicking the "add friend" icon and also tell them about your next meet up. Friends that have their phone numbers available and that are online have the opportunity to be tracked by their other friends. With the click of the "track" button, the app will use the phone number of your friend to track the phone's exact location (which will most likely be on the friend). Tracking can be turned off in the options page if it is your preferred setting.

I hope this app will soon become the best it can be. I have no experience in app developing or coding but I'm sure that there are people out there that can help or point me in the right direction. If you wish to help, you can contact me on gmail (justintorres587@gmail.com) or facebook (https://www.facebook.com/justin.torres.5686). Thank you  ;D

The app is intended for all audiences, both for those who want to start in the world of parkour and for those who want to refine their exercises. Parkour is a sport in which people use their body to navigate from one point to another, avoiding obstacles in your way. Parkour, also known as the art of displacement.

Offline alvinrr

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2019, 12:49:51 AM »
Thanks for this app.
Check this out beautifuly

Offline brielleluna

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2019, 08:19:18 AM »
If this has helped this site, might as well we'll be needing and wanting this app for our own site.
Hydrogel Products

Offline Meggy123

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2019, 10:17:57 AM »
My Parkour team will appreciate this, Thank you! | timeai.io/

Offline JulieCannon

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2019, 08:31:52 AM »