Author Topic: Channel tips?  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Lupus Potens

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Channel tips?
« on: September 13, 2014, 12:26:18 PM »
Hey guys, I'm gonna be making a youtube channel with some friends of mine called Parkourolgy. It's gonna be focused on showing the progression as we get better, the more experienced and of our newer members, because we feel like that most other channels that show great looking parkour and free running don't show it when they aren't so great. Does anyone have any kind of tips?

Offline The Barefoot Panther

• Patas
  • what is this, 'personal text'?
    • View Profile
Re: Channel tips?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 02:27:17 PM »
I've been interested in doing the same as of late. I haven't really come up with any staggering ideas or anything though, and in part I'm waiting for half of my group to get back from a trip out west before starting. If I come up with any ideas, I'll be sure to post.
SYN TAI E EPI TAI!
WITH IT OR ON IT!

Offline SebastianCannon

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Libertas in Motus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 04:21:31 PM »
Ahhh. Finally. When people ask what parkour is I usually show them videos, but thesse videos show the best of the best. After wards people ask me to do these crazy flips and stuff and if I can't do them, they say I can't do parkour. Now you guys will show what it really is like. Thanks I'll be sure to subscribe
$Eb@$+!@N C@nN0n-Team Leader of the Flomads

Offline The Barefoot Panther

• Patas
  • what is this, 'personal text'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 03:24:01 PM »
If you want to show them what parkour is on a beginners level, why not demonstrate it yourself?
SYN TAI E EPI TAI!
WITH IT OR ON IT!

Offline SebastianCannon

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Libertas in Motus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 04:26:45 PM »
I do, but not all the time. You see when I do perform parkour for others they say that what I do isn't parkour, unless I do some mind blowing feat.
As M2 says "I train for myself, not others." Some people aren't as hard to please so they understand that what I do is parkour. Sorry if that got confusing lol

Offline Jan-Su

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 05:03:20 PM »
Many parkour and freerunning videos you see across YouTube showcase those who are likely professionals who have been doing this for years and years. They have probably appeared in the media and may have even opened their own gyms.

But they only represent an extremely small portion of the population. Many people, especially new practitioners and/or those who are unfamiliar with parkour and its similar disciplines, might have come to harbor a distorted view of parkour and think they should be able to do these flashy, spectacular tricks right from the beginning, which of course is not true.

I'd love to finally see a parkour channel that shows the progression and processes. It should be highly beneficial to all practitioners of all skill levels as well as non-practitioners alike. Good luck, Lupus!

Offline SebastianCannon

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Libertas in Motus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 05:30:57 PM »
Many parkour and freerunning videos you see across YouTube showcase those who are likely professionals who have been doing this for years and years. They have probably appeared in the media and may have even opened their own gyms.

But they only represent an extremely small portion of the population. Many people, especially new practitioners and/or those who are unfamiliar with parkour and its similar disciplines, might have come to harbor a distorted view of parkour and think they should be able to do these flashy, spectacular tricks right from the beginning, which of course is not true.

I'd love to finally see a parkour channel that shows the progression and processes. It should be highly beneficial to all practitioners of all skill levels as well as non-practitioners alike. Good luck, Lupus!

Precisely what I meant.

Offline Lupus Potens

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 03:18:14 AM »
Well we've posted a little. We plan to get longer stuff if you check us out, parkourology, and film more. We've just had communication errors and need to settle stuff out. Thanks for the support :)

Offline GeeksGoneBad

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 08:36:26 AM »
Subscribed :) and good idea!

Offline Lupus Potens

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 03:36:10 AM »
Thanks! Slowly growing :)

Offline Nick Smith

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Positively Inclined
    • View Profile
    • My Vids.
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 05:04:15 AM »

I also second this thought. If you check out my youtube channel you can go back to my very first video which will probably make you laugh at how terrible I was.  :P Now I am able to do things I thought would be impossible for me to accomplish when I started! You can check out my channel in the link in my signature below.  :)
My Youtube Channel
check it out!

Offline Lupus Potens

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2015, 09:20:57 AM »
Hey guys, I realize this hasn't been posted on for a year, but I feel like I should say this. Parkourology did not go as planned, I lost control of the videos being unable to edit, and it didn't really show the progression like I wanted, so my friend and I are trying again with a new channel, Abscond Parkour. Keeping this to just us two, we will have control over it and keep it real to what we want.

Offline SebastianCannon

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Libertas in Motus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 12:32:15 PM »
I'll make sure to check it out. And good luck!

Offline Lupus Potens

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 05:45:10 PM »
Thank you!