Author Topic: Left calf pain when doing side flips  (Read 685 times)

Offline Misterbadaboon

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Left calf pain when doing side flips
« on: August 18, 2014, 02:56:53 PM »
Okey dokey so I've been able to side flip outside for about a month now, so any chance I get I'm usually always throwing em just for fun or while training. The problem is however, whenever I so about 5+ my left calf starts hurting. If you flex your calf and grab it with your left hand, it's the part that sticks out the most on the left side that seems to be hurting usually. It's not a terrible pain but it's rather annoying. I always warm up before I train and always stretch afterwards. I've rested for a while and came back to it but when I do, it still hurts after I do a few side flips. Both of my feet are taking off and landing at the same time. So idk. Any help would be appreciated. I just don't wanna hurt myself more. Thanks.
Fear is just another obstacle.

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Left calf pain when doing side flips
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 11:22:20 AM »
How long have you rested for? Try taking a week or two off and massaging the painful area. Maybe do some calf raises to get the blood flowing and see if those hurt at all. There are a lot of possibilities and your best bet is to see a professional if it doesn't get better soon. Definitely stop anything that causes pain for now.

It's not a great idea while you're still injured, but you can also try filming your side flips. It's possible that you're twisting your ankle or taking off with it at a bad angle and that's what's causing the stress.

Offline Misterbadaboon

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Left calf pain when doing side flips
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 02:18:04 PM »
How long have you rested for? Try taking a week or two off and massaging the painful area. Maybe do some calf raises to get the blood flowing and see if those hurt at all. There are a lot of possibilities and your best bet is to see a professional if it doesn't get better soon. Definitely stop anything that causes pain for now.

It's not a great idea while you're still injured, but you can also try filming your side flips. It's possible that you're twisting your ankle or taking off with it at a bad angle and that's what's causing the stress.

I've rested about a week and have been using heating pads and massaging the area, which hurts in a good way haha. I don't know if you have any tendons in your calves, but I think it might be tendinitis. Idk though.
Fear is just another obstacle.