Author Topic: Gonna be 47 this October  (Read 2101 times)

Offline GeeksGoneBad

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Gonna be 47 this October
« on: August 10, 2014, 04:16:52 PM »
hey guys - New "old guy" here :) like many of you I've been doing parkour before there was a name for it, my son (who is 14 now) got the bug  a year ago and we have been climbing trees, going to different places to train, trampoline gyms, gymnastic gyms, you name it - we've even joined up a a local Kung Fu school to train together

Let me just day that it's awesome training with my son, when he makes a good move and I tell him he did a great job, he knows I really truly understand that he DID make a good move, and the same goes for me - I know he understands and so when I wall run up the 8 foot wall and he goes "what!?!" in disbelief - I know I've made a good move ;) it's a great bonding experience and I think has really given us both a new level of respect for each other

Videos coming soon from the Father and Son team ;)

Offline detroiter

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Gonna be 47 this October
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 06:00:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum! I just started not too long ago myself and while not as old as you, I'm in the 30+ age group so that makes us older than most! That's really awesome that you can have a father and son type of bonding in something that you both enjoy. I look forwards to seeing some footage or pictures, as I'm sure everyone else on the forum is as well!

Offline JPetrucci84

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 11:23:28 PM »
Welcome, and happy early birthday!

Offline Jan-Su

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 07:54:00 AM »
Wow. And I thought I was too old to get started. (No offense, really.)

However, I did just turn 27 this recent June, and will be three decades in less than three years. So I would really just be around the corner of having to be classified into this group of Age 30+. I wish I got started years earlier, but there's never any use grieving over spilled milk, and there was just too much going on in my life back then that prevented me from exploring that many new things..

It's great that you do this with your son, and are even able to. With everyone's busy schedules, stressful jobs, the bad economy, and many other obligations, family time/bonding experiences between parent and child these days are quite rare, and not even all parents could do this with their kids. I know I never had this kind of experience with my folks.

Doing stuff like this also keeps you young, fit, active, and healthy, and that's the better way to age. I'm sure you must be miles ahead of most normal people in their 40s and over, who might just be wasting away on the couch in front of the television.

I'm looking forward to pics/vids from you guys soon! Keep up the great work!

Offline GeeksGoneBad

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 07:42:45 AM »
Thanks guys!

I'm a firm believer that you start to grow old when you stop moving ;)