Author Topic: Who's Ready to Train?  (Read 1663 times)

Offline MrNines

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Who's Ready to Train?
« on: July 25, 2014, 08:35:21 AM »
Hi, my name is Vadim and I am in the Queens area. I am looking for people to train with. I know next to nothing about parkour, so I'm looking for a few people just like me with the burning passion for it, and are willing to become self taught freerunners. With all the material available, along with support from the site, who says we can't do it? The only reason I haven't gone at it alone is because the journey is always more fun with companions. Message me if you are interested, I'll set up a location that will suit our needs.

Offline Gareth EE Field

• Mangabey
  • Aaayyooo!!!
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Who's Ready to Train?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 07:50:26 PM »
Hey, experienced traceur training in Huntington, just over the border into Suffolk, saying hi!
PK4LIFE!

Offline Jan-Su

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 03:47:20 PM »
Hi there. I'm not in the NYC Metro area (I'm from Bergen county, NJ), but just wanted to wish you good luck in your training and journey.

I'm responding to your thread as I wanted to make the suggestion of at least trying a few things on your own at first. Who knows when you'll find a dedicated group near you? You could be searching for a while and not find anyone/many that near to your location.

Also, once you do meet another PK hopeful, at least you'll have a few things on your belt. A little is better than none at all. I too have had great difficulty finding a dedicated PK group in/near my area, and I knew it could be a while before I meet such a group. So I tried a few things on my own. They're not 100% textbook-like, but for now, I'll take whatever I can manage since I'm so new.

Offline Gareth EE Field

• Mangabey
  • Aaayyooo!!!
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 05:04:58 PM »
Oh, whatup Jan-Su

Yea, I started training solo for two or three months before going to a jam, and then I was passionate enough that I started training during lunch at school and a friend introduced me to his friend who was interested, and four years later he had a full-time job teaching Parkour.
PK4LIFE!

Offline EvelynAllshouse

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 04:03:21 PM »
Hello to all! Pleased to meet you, my name is Evelyn. Tell me, how do you solve the problem of lack of time for training? For now, only thoughts about ordering works on an essay writing service come to mind. Time for training is not enough. I worry that this does not affect badly on my studies. Thank.