Author Topic: foods to speed up metabolism  (Read 968 times)

Offline thekid240

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
foods to speed up metabolism
« on: September 24, 2014, 02:22:27 PM »
Im 5"2 at 149 pounds ideally my my metabolism is slow any foods, workout advice, or natural herbs or techniques to help.i
Look at my training log to learn about me.

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: foods to speed up metabolism
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 06:06:35 PM »
Alright, so basically the idea of "fast" and "slow" metabolisms is given way, way too much credit. It's way too commonly used as an excuse but it in no way prevents the success of anyone. You have a base metabolic rate and then you have how much energy you burn in your daily activities. You can't adjust your base metabolic rate (except by putting on or losing muscle, but it's a negligible amount) so the factors you can actually control are how many calories you burn (your activity level) and how many calories you consume.

Any product advertising an increase in metabolism, especially "natural herbs" and the like tend to be gimmicks. Caffeine does work as an appetite suppressant and a stimulant so a lot of people like black coffee for cutting.

I'm going to answer more about weight loss techniques in your diet thread since that one will have more relevant replies from other people as well.