Author Topic: Parkour diet?  (Read 1908 times)

Offline RechercheParkour

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • "Movement is what makes us happy so keep moving"
    • View Profile
Parkour diet?
« on: April 29, 2014, 04:39:28 AM »
Best diet to get me on "better" shape for parkour
"Movement is something everyone possesses why not use it?"

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Parkour diet?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 05:40:25 AM »
That's a kind of hard question to answer because everyone's body is different. Something that makes me feel great might not work for you, and vice versa. The best advice I can give to you is don't go looking for some pre planned fad diet or something like that. All you have to do is make better choices about what you eat. Make the vast majority of your diet fruit, vegetables, and meat, drink a lot of water, and you pretty much can't go wrong. Try to cut out "fake" foods (things like poptarts..basically if it doesn't go bad, avoid eating it) and you'll be healthier and probably feel better. It's also much harder to overeat with things like vegetables and meat so that will make cutting off fat pretty easy.

Offline TheShadowCreed

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Always Move Forward.
    • View Profile
Re: Parkour diet?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 08:49:45 AM »
Try eating less chips and packaged foods that are known to be "unhealthy". Also, drink more milk and water and less soda and Kool Aid. Eat more salads, pasta, breads, (wow.. sounds like all Italian food) and meat. And of course, fruits and vegetables, but the fresh ones you get at the store, not the packaged fruit cups and that stuff. Now, you can still eat chips and soda and all the stuff that tastes good but isn't a good diet- its not like a sin or anything- but eat it in extreme moderation. Drinking a soda a day is NOT good, but once a week may be okay (depending on what you want out of the diet). Another important aspect of getting in better shape for parkour is weightlifting. It's not exactly a diet, but a diet is a habit as is weightlifting and exercise.
Hopes this helps  :)
"You see a dead end alleyway. I see a way to the rooftops."

"Momentum can be a powerful ally, both physically and mentally."