Author Topic: parkour fluid movement after drop  (Read 1338 times)

Offline tylertdog17

• Guenons
    • View Profile
parkour fluid movement after drop
« on: October 18, 2014, 04:18:16 AM »
hi guys out there who do parkour i wanted to know if you can help me when i do a drop roll i land and roll good but when i come up to try to start to run i come up running slow i have trouble coming up to a full run please help any tips

Offline Lupus Potens

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: parkour fluid movement after drop
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 04:27:16 PM »
If you tuck your legs tighter when you roll you can come up faster. It can also be your foot placement, like if you land flat footed on both feet at the same time it'll take longer to get up

Offline Lupus Potens

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 04:28:23 PM »
I meant if you come out of the roll with both feet flat footed at the same time, not the landing of the jump

Offline Gareth EE Field

• Mangabey
  • Aaayyooo!!!
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 01:26:29 PM »
That's good advice, and I think you're right on the ball with the relation between smooth transfer of momentum and the foot being flat. The foot flexes from not-flat to flat to non-flat as the impact is initiated, then as forces is maximized, mainly from the hip and mainly free of vibration thanks to the foot, and then in the exit procedure. The tricky part of the Parkour roll is how it deals with the priority of not crushing your spine. I think ideally, one leg should be pushing through the exit of the roll and the foot flat/flexing while the other is in the swing state, but some people come up with the other foot still pushing, which is interesting, too.
PK4LIFE!

Offline tylertdog17

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 06:52:25 AM »
I exit my roll with upper foot dorsiflexion taught by amos rendao im not having much trouble anymore