Author Topic: Pensacola Parkour  (Read 4623 times)

Offline Durandalski

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Pensacola Parkour
« on: March 09, 2014, 08:50:35 PM »
Hey floridians! I'm not sure how many traceurs or interested beginners there may be in pensacola, so I'm putting this up to try to draw some attention.

As near as I can tell Pensacola is and has been a PK dead zone. We're trying to change that. A former member of the Seattle parkour team moved to Pensacola a few months ago and started teaching gymnastics and parkour at Mojo Elite gymnastics gym on Fairfield FL. I happened to stumble in a couple weeks after he started the parkour class, and now act as assistant coach, which basically means free training. :)

The coach is an experienced free runner, myself and the other young men who come to the gym regularly are more novice/intermediate. We're planning to start having get togethers a to train and have fun outside the gym all summer. Right now it'll be limited to adults, though there's a chance that could change later. Anyone in the pensacola area interested in parkour is welcome to swing by Mojo Elite gymnastics gym Thursday and Friday at 7:30pm, and Saturday at 12:00pm for a free trial.

Let's get a PK scene started in Pcola. :)
"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." - JFK

Offline Lselvio

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Pensacola Parkour
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 07:14:08 AM »
I see the post is from March, but are you guys still active?  I recently (a couple of months) have started doing bodyweight exercises, found nerdfitness.com, and then watched some impressive videos on parkour.  I am looking for something in pensacola that relates to someone who has no parkour training?

Offline jbjones317

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 08:27:24 AM »
What he said! I've been into sports my whole life and parkour is something I was just introduced too and was looking for a teacher so as not.to.hurt myself!

Offline Archon_Erikr

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 04:59:22 PM »
Sorry not sorry for the necro.

Mojo still has parkour going on!  The "beginner's" (read: children's) class is Thursday and Friday, 6:30-7:30 pm, while the "advanced" (read: adult's) class is Friday, 7:30-8:30, though they are considering opening another day.  An "American Ninja Warrior" course is also going to be on Monday, soon.......ish.  (It's almost open, I swear.  That's what they keep telling me.)  I'm also trying to put together a weekend thing on Saturday or Sunday, where we just go and parkour around Pensacola.  If anyone's in the area, please come by!

Offline ScarfiPK

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 07:02:15 AM »
Hello,

I am wondering if you guys ever got a good community going.  I am going to be in Pensacola for college in the fall and am hoping that there are others to train with.  Also, how is the parkour program at Mojo?  Are there opportunities to work there teaching parkour?  I am currently a coach/instructor in Northern VA and was hoping that I might have the chance to work there as a good college job.

Offline Yukon

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 09:58:56 AM »
Hey, we have a new gym (12,000ft) in the making. It will be structured mostly towards ninja course but we are putting together a parkour section and possibly a chase tag course. The website should be done this weekend so check in for updates. I want to provide a nice course so give some input everyone.
Pensacolaninjaexperience