Author Topic: Forums community video  (Read 15831 times)

Offline Ryan A. Vetter

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Forums community video
« Reply #200 on: February 07, 2014, 05:06:01 PM »
Chill out, it's all going to be okay.
So long as I have parkour I'm okay.

Offline Nick Holmes

• Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 07, 2014, 06:13:54 PM »
Yeah, we'll find a way, just relax.
Real supermen don't leap over buildings in a single bound, they take determined steps consistently over time

Offline THEafk5

• Guenons
  • Less QQ More Pew Pew(or training)
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 07, 2014, 06:33:54 PM »
I dunno, but I suggest saving the file in a video format, because sometimes, the preview of windows movie maker messes up and shows stuff like that, but it seems to be ok when it's saved. I'm not sure though. But yeah, we'll find a way
No pain, no gain. No gain, no pain.
"A man falls before he rises, just as there is darkness, before light. But if you trip while attempting a double kong before learning how to kong, then that's not my problem"-Me

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 08, 2014, 07:51:39 AM »
I'm not actually freaking out just irritated. And it was doing the black screen thing for some clips when I made the test video but it went away when I saved it. This time it didn't though. Also I won't be home for a while so I can't do anything about it.

Offline The Barefoot Panther

• Patas
  • what is this, 'personal text'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 08, 2014, 10:04:18 AM »
Ouch. Hope you get it figured out soon, I know how much of a pain computers can be.
SYN TAI E EPI TAI!
WITH IT OR ON IT!

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 13, 2014, 02:45:10 PM »
I'm still not really sure what's up. It's weird, when I load the project itself all of the clips are fine but when I try to play through them all while still in the project some of them start turning black. And it's not the same clips every time it seems random as far as I can tell. I could try turning it into a movie again and see if it works this time but I'm not sure if it's worth how long it takes.

Offline Ryan A. Vetter

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 16, 2014, 08:44:03 PM »
You won't know unless you try.

Offline THEafk5

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 26, 2014, 02:29:46 AM »
Any updates on how's it going
"A man falls before he rises, just as there is darkness, before light. But if you trip while attempting a double kong before learning how to kong, then that's not my problem"-Me

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 27, 2014, 10:16:27 PM »
I'm sorry I've got a lot going on and I haven't been home much for a while.

Tomorrow I'm going to try finishing it again and seeing if it comes out black. If it does, I'm going to take a long shot and just upload it to youtube as a private video and see if that somehow fixes it because I remember there was some kind of glitch with the test that disappeared on youtube. It's probably just wishful thinking but it's the only idea I have so far.

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 01, 2014, 09:19:59 AM »
So we're getting there. It finally saved to my computer with none of the videos turning black but I'm having trouble getting it uploaded to youtube. I think my internet is just messing up because it keeps getting to about 20-30 percent uploaded within a few seconds and saying it has 1 minute left (which is way too fast for a video this size) and then it gets stuck at that percent. This happened last time too and kind of just fixed itself so I'll keep trying. Hopefully I'll have it up today.

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 01, 2014, 10:56:40 AM »
Well guys, countless months and some mild frustration later, here it finally is! Thanks so much for contributing videos and even more than that for being patient while I worked through everything. I'm sorry it took so long and I hope you guys are all happy with how it came out. But either way it's been fun and I'm really glad we all got together to make this happen. Enjoy!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO-WSBNkSsY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO-WSBNkSsY</a>

Offline Nick Holmes

• Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 01, 2014, 02:11:15 PM »
I think the song ended up being a great fit.
Real supermen don't leap over buildings in a single bound, they take determined steps consistently over time

Offline THEafk5

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 01, 2014, 07:24:08 PM »
The result's pretty awesome. Let's do it again sometime guys, maybe the summer?

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 01, 2014, 08:01:06 PM »
I agree Nick! I was worried it wasn't gonna work but it fit pretty well with the mostly mellow pacing of the video.

Johann, I'm glad you like it! I'd be up for doing another but I should probably start learning a less glitchy editing program haha.

Offline THEafk5

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 01, 2014, 08:58:41 PM »
What about Sony Vegas? I've heard it's a good editing program, but I don't have first hand experience so I can't say :P. Anyways, this video seems to portray parkour in a more realistic manner than most mainstream freerunnning and parkour videos. I thnik it's because we just do what we would normally do in the video, no huge drops, fast sprints, or anything like that. Seems to be quite a refreshing change, haha.

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 01, 2014, 09:02:27 PM »
Yeah that's one of the things I was hoping would happen with this video. I'm glad you enjoy it.

I've heard Sony Vegas is good but I think it's like 60 bucks and honestly I rarely make videos that need any kind of actual editing so I'm not sure if it's worth the investment.

Offline Ryan A. Vetter

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 02, 2014, 01:58:52 AM »
A wide and diverse pool of talents. I'm happy/sappy to see a video that shows people training naturally. As has been said it looks like nobody went "balls to the walls" to impress.

I'm glad to see the song I suggested was used. <Cheesy grin>

I feel pretty flattered that everything I provided was used.

Off colour remark: "We even have a token black guy." (Not intended to offend anybody)

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 02, 2014, 06:28:51 AM »
Yeah I think you kind of nailed it with that song. I hope Spencer is able to see the video soon, haven't seen him on in a while.

Offline The Barefoot Panther

• Patas
  • what is this, 'personal text'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 02, 2014, 05:34:05 PM »
The result's pretty awesome. Let's do it again sometime guys, maybe the summer?

I'm all for that. For one thing, my friend has now learned how to land her trampoline flips. Dick as far as video software, I have a (sort of) suggestion. I've recently downloaded a program called VSDC Video Editor. It's free, and seems fairly good. I cannot give any reviews on it though, as I haven't actually gotten a chance to use it, so it could in reality be totally useless :P . I know that's not very helpful, I'll try it out at some point and let you know how it works.
SYN TAI E EPI TAI!
WITH IT OR ON IT!

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 02, 2014, 06:31:36 PM »
Awesome, keep me updated!