Author Topic: Forums community video  (Read 15828 times)

Offline THEafk5

• Guenons
  • Less QQ More Pew Pew(or training)
    • View Profile
Re: Forums community video
« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2014, 06:38:19 AM »
So I think I've got the last of my planned footage for now. Gotta save some tricks up my sleve for the next one, right? ;D
Anyways, here it is:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qptXpVUgzjE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qptXpVUgzjE</a>
No pain, no gain. No gain, no pain.
"A man falls before he rises, just as there is darkness, before light. But if you trip while attempting a double kong before learning how to kong, then that's not my problem"-Me

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 27, 2014, 07:35:36 AM »
Cool, thnx. I'll start filming, but if I don't get it uploaded by the end of Tuesday, just do it without me.

Make it the end of Wednesday haha. I won't be able to do anything on Wednesday because I have class from basically 8 am-8 pm. I'm hoping to do it Thursday but it might end up being Friday morning.

So I think I've got the last of my planned footage for now. Gotta save some tricks up my sleve for the next one, right? ;D
Anyways, here it is:

Cool thanks! Glad you got more footage  :)

Offline The Barefoot Panther

• Patas
  • what is this, 'personal text'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 27, 2014, 09:02:37 AM »
Make it the end of Wednesday haha. I won't be able to do anything on Wednesday because I have class from basically 8 am-8 pm. I'm hoping to do it Thursday but it might end up being Friday morning.

Cool. I have work Wednesday, so if I don't upload it till then it will be in the evening.
SYN TAI E EPI TAI!
WITH IT OR ON IT!

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 27, 2014, 11:18:54 AM »
Okay, so despite my dire prophesy of not getting it finished till tomorrow, I'm actually completely done with my part of the video (and then some). I'm going to wait for some friends that I've been training with (their family is coming over for a walk later today) and see if they want in on it too. They're kinda camera shy though, so I don't know if they'll be up to it.
SYN TAI E EPI TAI!
WITH IT OR ON IT!

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 27, 2014, 02:29:15 PM »
That was fast! ;D Cool just let me know

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 27, 2014, 02:55:11 PM »
Okay, finished filming just before sundown. We also have a storm moving in..... Anyway, I now have a 4:37 long video, including me, my sister (Saberclaws), and two friends (Clydesdale is the blonde, and 'The most awesome' is the short one). Note that I'm the only one actually on the forums, so don't bother searching for them. Feel free to cut the videos of me and Awesomeness climbing the trees, I fast forwarded them at 2X speed, but they're still really long. Oh, I also can't upload them today, our internet usage is kinda high, so I'll get them up at the library tomorrow. Srry 'bout that.
SYN TAI E EPI TAI!
WITH IT OR ON IT!

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 27, 2014, 05:49:28 PM »
Haha wow that's longer than the entire rest of the video. I don't want to exceed 4 or 5 minutes but with trimming and all I'll probably be able to use a good amount of it. No worries! To be honest I've got a busy schedule the next 2 days so I'm not complaining about an excuse to put that off.

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 27, 2014, 06:03:15 PM »
Got it. I just did the math, and if the tree climbing is cut it will come to 2:58. Still pretty long, but much better. If you still need to cut out more, that's fine. A lot of it's just me playing around while I was waiting for our walk.
SYN TAI E EPI TAI!
WITH IT OR ON IT!

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 27, 2014, 07:43:12 PM »
Cool that should be mostly fine, especially since there are several of you.

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2014, 05:17:03 AM »
SYN TAI E EPI TAI!
WITH IT OR ON IT!

Offline iFly

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2014, 04:55:19 PM »
barefoot panther, I know you prefer running barefoot. but I strongly advise you to get some  good running shoes with good traction. Your abilities will definitely increase dramatcally .

Offline THEafk5

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2014, 05:18:43 PM »
I believe vibrams or vivo barefoot suits him better. Just running in my faas 300s make nike's start feeling like rocks, what more barefoot?
"A man falls before he rises, just as there is darkness, before light. But if you trip while attempting a double kong before learning how to kong, then that's not my problem"-Me

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 28, 2014, 05:40:10 PM »
Thanks for the video!

And iFly those are vibrams. They're much better for your feet and have the best grip of any shoe I've personally worn.

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 28, 2014, 06:32:11 PM »
The Vibrams have great grip on solid objects, (imagine a flat race car tire with no tread, but also being flexible and able to conform to a surface). The problem is more when I'm on wet grass or mud, they have virtually no grip then (again, imagine the race car tire). As far as barefoot, I don't actually do parkour barefoot unless I need substantial amounts of grip and feeling, and there's no real danger of me ripping my feet off (like when I was climbing the tree). Thanks for the advice though.
SYN TAI E EPI TAI!
WITH IT OR ON IT!

Offline THEafk5

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 28, 2014, 07:19:56 PM »
Well, so I found out that there was a vibram store near our place, so I thought I'd try them sometime in the future. But if I may ask, any variant of the Vibrams that are better for pk?

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2014, 07:48:27 PM »
I've only tried two models (the KSO's (the one's I'm wearing in the video) and the Flow's; for cold/wet weather). The KSO's are their general purpose/sports version, and the Flow's are basically just the KSO's, but with neoprene (the same stuff used in wetsuits) instead of mesh. I think the Flow's may also have a thicker sole, but that may just be because I don't wear them as much. Anyway, the salesman at the store could probably advise you better than me.
SYN TAI E EPI TAI!
WITH IT OR ON IT!

Offline THEafk5

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 02, 2014, 06:13:37 PM »
How's the editing dick?

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 02, 2014, 07:47:13 PM »
Meh. I'm trying to finish it but some personal things came up and I just haven't had the energy or much time to get it done. Sorry about that, I'll try to put in some work tomorrow if I can.

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 07, 2014, 09:38:34 AM »
Alright guys! I finally got all of the clips edited together and we're at about 4 minutes 50 seconds. Way more than I expected and I had to cut out a little more than I wanted to but overall I'm really happy with it. You guys submitted some awesome footage and a lot of it blended together way better than you'd think for a bunch of people independently filming their own things. The only thing that's left is the audio. I actually really like the song Ryan posted here
I'm cool with whatever music, as long as we all shine, and make parkour look sexy in the process. It would be nice to use something low energy so as not to take away from the real sound of the video; I say this because I thought we were agreed upon leaving raw sound in the video. Such as a song like this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KasT8APVR9c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KasT8APVR9c</a>

And interestingly I might be able to leave in some of the background noise without it being too intrusive on the song or vice versa. I'm going to get to work on that now and I'll have it finished soon.

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 07, 2014, 10:50:41 AM »
Well I'm about to lose my shit. For some reason when I finished the video a large portion of the clips end up just being black screens. I don't know what's up and usually closing and opening the project fixes it but this time it won't. I'll try to figure it out because aside from that it's all finished.