Author Topic: I am New to Parkour  (Read 1521 times)

Offline VeryTori

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
I am New to Parkour
« on: September 24, 2013, 06:53:58 PM »
I am new to parkour (meaning I pretty much have never done any real parkour) and I am interested in starting up. Anyone know where I can learn how to, or practice safely in or near Greenville? I currently have an injury, so it would probably be about a few weeks to a month before I start. I think it would be really fun to start learning and practicing parkour.

Offline Nick Holmes

• Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Ambassador
    • View Profile
Re: I am New to Parkour
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 02:47:06 PM »
Welcome to apk, VeryTori! If you're interested in starting I suggest you read the main FAQ(http://www.americanparkour.com/academy/faq-english/), the stickies on the forum, and especially how to start FAQ (http://www.americanparkour.com/academy/faq-english/faq/155/887-how-do-i-get-started). If you can you could watch some tutorials online from youtube channels like LaFlairParkour, Ryan Ford, Amos Rendao, Parkour Generations, Parkour Visions, TappBrothers, and Ronnie Street Stunts. I few other parkour related channels I'd recommend would be Flow, AmericanParkour, TemeculaParkour, ParkourScience, and 3runTube. I have all those spelled exactly the same as the channel so you can just paste them in the search bar on youtube.

Edit: If you can, do whatever conditioning you can until you start if you aren't already at a good level for physical activity like parkour.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 03:06:03 PM by Nick »
Real supermen don't leap over buildings in a single bound, they take determined steps consistently over time
Twitter

Offline VeryTori

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: I am New to Parkour
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 09:32:32 AM »
Thanks!! :)