Author Topic: I am new, Bixby.  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Bob Clock

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
I am new, Bixby.
« on: August 12, 2013, 08:57:17 AM »
I am just starting/wanting to start parkour. I have been trying to practice the roll I am not sure if I do it right honestly.. I was wondering if anyone is in the tulsa area that wouldn't mind training with me and helping me out. :) I don't have any friends that are interested in parkour. I have always enjoyed watching people running around up walls over and I would try never knew it was a sport or anything haha. I am 17 and really want to get into parkour. Thanks. Any information about people that go out and train and wouldn't mind letting me join in would be awesome! Thanks.

-Chad

Offline Nick Holmes

• Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Ambassador
    • View Profile
Re: I am new, Bixby.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 12:56:04 PM »
Welcome to apk!
I highly recommend you read this http://www.americanparkour.com/academy/faq-english/faq/155/887-how-do-i-get-started ,  Read the FAQ page, and the for forum rules. You might want to watch some tutorials on youtube on channels like Parkour Visions or La Flair Parkour.
I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.
Real supermen don't leap over buildings in a single bound, they take determined steps consistently over time
Twitter

Offline Okiefreerun12

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 07:53:58 AM »
hey, I live in bixby to by the highschool, if you want I can show you how to roll

Offline Matthew

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 06:33:32 AM »
The Tulsa area is very active these days, we're just not on APK very often. I would suggest looking here:

https://www.facebook.com/oklahomapk

We have a monthly jam in Tulsa on the 4th Saturday of the month that is amazing for beginners. All of the details are on the FB page. A group of us also get together quite often to train throughout the week and Krafft Academy of Gymnastics has Parkour classes every Mon and Thurs from 7:30 to 9 (first class is free).

PM me for any information you need that is not covered here.

Matthew