Author Topic: My WAll Runs  (Read 956 times)

Offline Jaden Fennec

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Everyday I Test My Limits
    • View Profile
My WAll Runs
« on: April 14, 2013, 09:17:54 AM »
Recently ive been attempting to do wall runs on a 7-10 foot wall. Im 5'5", so ive got a good rach. Plus ive got good avia training shoes, NO MORE FOAM!!! so what am i doing wrong? i cant get to the top, my foot always slips down and i fall short of the height. any suggestions?
Understand that this art has been created by few soldiers in Vietnam to escape or reach; this is the spirit I'd like parkour to keep. Its up to you to determine what is useful in an emergency situation, and what is'nt.
                   -David Belle

Offline Russell Wilkie

• Global Moderator
  • Patas
    • View Profile
Re: My WAll Runs
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 09:47:53 AM »
It sounds like your foot is too low on the wall. Typically, the ideal height to place your foot is waist height.

For fixing your foot placement, try to take a few steps back(about a legs length away) from the wall. Place your foot on the wall and try to go upward. If your foot is slipping, then you're placing your foot too low on the wall. If your are finding yourself going more backwards than upwards, then your foot is too high on the wall. It takes a little experimenting to find that sweet spot.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 10:01:09 AM by Russell Wilkie »

Offline Nick Holmes

• Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 12:14:00 PM »
Remember that it is the jump into the wall, not the run up that gives you traction.
Real supermen don't leap over buildings in a single bound, they take determined steps consistently over time

Offline Caleb Monkey Lewis

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Monkeyin' it up since 03/26/11
    • View Profile
    • My sketch comedy and parkour trio!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 02:01:30 PM »
I always jog up to it, then jump with my strongest foot about abdomen high, then push up off the wall with my foot.
"Impossible is a word found in the dictionary of fools"   -Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline Nick Holmes

• Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 04:08:55 PM »
Nearly forgot about this:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuruwazmpI8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuruwazmpI8</a>

You can always look at old topics about wall runs, especially ones on the movement board.
Real supermen don't leap over buildings in a single bound, they take determined steps consistently over time

Offline Jaden Fennec

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Everyday I Test My Limits
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 04:44:15 PM »
that video really helpd, so did alll yur advice, thnx guys.
Understand that this art has been created by few soldiers in Vietnam to escape or reach; this is the spirit I'd like parkour to keep. Its up to you to determine what is useful in an emergency situation, and what is'nt.
                   -David Belle